PDA

View Full Version : Auto transporter recommendation

blueshark66
09-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum and soon to be Delorean owner. I've wanted a Delorean for years and am finally at the stage of life where I can pull the trigger. My issue is that I live in Michigan and most Ds for sale are in FL or CA. So my question is: does anyone have a recommendation for an auto transport company? When I buy, I'm going to have to have it shipped and I'd rather use a company with a recommendation that just doing an internet search and hoping for the best.

Any help would be appreciated.

This looks like a great forum and I can't wait to be a full-fledged (owner) member.

Chris

DMC-81
09-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum and soon to be Delorean owner. I've wanted a Delorean for years and am finally at the stage of life where I can pull the trigger. My issue is that I live in Michigan and most Ds for sale are in FL or CA. So my question is: does anyone have a recommendation for an auto transport company? When I buy, I'm going to have to have it shipped and I'd rather use a company with a recommendation that just doing an internet search and hoping for the best.

Any help would be appreciated.

This looks like a great forum and I can't wait to be a full-fledged (owner) member.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome! I would recommend Exotic Car Transport. I used them in 2013 to transport my car within Florida. They were careful, professional, and reasonable.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers,

Rich
09-24-2016, 08:09 PM
Almost 30 posts here on this topic:

LINK: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2403 (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2403)

mr_maxime
09-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Don't put your email into one of those "quote" sites. They will never stop calling and emailing.

Riley88
09-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Don't put your email into one of those "quote" sites. They will never stop calling and emailing.

oh god this! I made the mistake of doing that and like months later still had people calling " do you still have a car that needs to be transported?" Then like 1 year later got another call lol

blueshark66
09-24-2016, 11:24 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Mr_maxime, Sound advice, but I read it too late. Filled out one of those last night in my enthusiasm, and this morning my phone wouldn't stop ringing. [emoji53] Lesson learned. May have to change my number. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63SWC
09-24-2016, 11:39 PM
I have also used Exotic Car Transport when I sold my first Delorean Mississippi to Texas. Very pleased with the service. Small world because I had met and spent a good bit of time with the transport driver a few months earlier when he brought a load of cars from Alabama to Texas for a NCRS event.

I tried Reliable for my most recent purchase (before deciding to fly and drive) but was told that they don't handle Deloreans because the driver can't get the door up to exit the vehicle.

Mike F
09-25-2016, 02:40 AM
I'll add another vote for Exotic Car Transport. I used them to transport my car to and from DMCFL, and they were very professional.

WHO1DMC
09-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Who ever you choose DON'T let the person or possibly a Idiot with a open Carrier put it backwards! I had a idiot. Luckily damage was to the louver.:flamed:

Dave B.

David T
09-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Try not to use anyone that will broker your car. They will "sell" the job to possibly multiple companies of dubious nature who bid on the job and give the cheapest price. The car will be loaded and unloaded multiple times and stored at intermediate destinations with no good schedule on when it will arrive. You also want "covered" transport. Any of the big guys you see at the prestigious auctions will be good. Some have better pricing over different routes. Get multiple quotes.I have used Horseless Carriage. Expensive but very capable. Have your own insurance on it BEFORE it is moved.

bueller
09-25-2016, 03:13 PM
I used EZ Transport (http://www.eztransportcorp.com) when I bought mine. From what I was told, several of the DMC dealerships have used them but can't swear to it. Either way, they did a great job on an enclosed shipment from Seattle to Dallas for me.

I thought I'd have one of the coolest cars on the truck but I was surprised when Shelby's and Ferraris were on the same truck. These guys ship some high dollar vehicles...

Rich
09-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Any moderators care to merge this this 11-post thread with a 28-post thread on same topic?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2403

Has similar/more company names that people have been successful with, same warnings to not ask a broker for a quote, to only go direct.