PDA

View Full Version : Vote for (13-year-old) me in this Stuck in the 80s photo contest!

DaraSue
09-27-2016, 01:16 PM
http://rewind1007.com/life/stuck-in-the-80s/

I'm currently on page 3. Hopefully my entry is obvious :biggrin:

You have to have Facebook to vote and I'll probably get disqualified for copyright reasons and/or because apparently this was supposed to be an "80s hair" competition (which they thoughtfully failed to mention in any of their radio ads or on the original contest page) but if my some miracle I won, that $500 prize would take a big bite out of this week's repair bill... :race:

DavidProehl
09-27-2016, 02:23 PM
Love it! In case it moves to a different page, the photo should probably also be here so people know what to scan for. I hope you don't mind the repost:

Best of luck!

DaraSue
09-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Love it! In case it moves to a different page, the photo should probably also be here so people know what to scan for. I hope you don't mind the repost:

Best of luck!

Yeah, I was worried that they'd say the pic can't be posted anywhere else but AFAICT there's nothing in the rules that says that.

All the radio ads said "share your favorite 80s memory" and by god, that's what I did. :biggrin:

dodint
09-27-2016, 06:18 PM
lol

The score is:

11 - You
1 - Two other people
0 - Forty-one other people

Gave you both of mine, best of luck.

DaraSue
09-27-2016, 08:41 PM
lol

The score is:

11 - You
1 - Two other people
0 - Forty-one other people

Gave you both of mine, best of luck.

Thanks!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much b/c the rules basically say they don't have to show the votes or even announce who won so they're probably going to give it to the station manager's girlfriend or something but I'm cautiously optimistic... :meditation:

Ryan King
09-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Voted!

DaraSue
09-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Voted!

Thanks... still in the lead, crossing my fingers :biggrin:

DMCVegas
09-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Voted. Looks like you're on your way to winning!

DaraSue
09-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Voted. Looks like you're on your way to winning!

Well, now all of a sudden the votes are all gone and the rules have been changed to say that voting is from Sept 30 - Oct 14. Thanks for trying, guys, but I've got a sneaking suspicion it's rigged... :umm::rolleyes1:

DMCVegas
09-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Well, now all of a sudden the votes are all gone and the rules have been changed to say that voting is from Sept 30 - Oct 14. Thanks for trying, guys, but I've got a sneaking suspicion it's rigged... :umm::rolleyes1:

Honestly, most radio stations are rigged in one way or another.

http://gawker.com/5779701/your-favorite-wacky-morning-radio-show-is-a-festival-of-lies

DaraSue
09-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Honestly, most radio stations are rigged in one way or another.

http://gawker.com/5779701/your-favorite-wacky-morning-radio-show-is-a-festival-of-lies

Haha, speaking of Glenn Beck, I wonder what ever happened to the D he got busted for driving with the doors up back in the day? (1830, according to the Celebrities & DeLoreans thread, last seen for sale in Fresno). If that ever crossed my path I think I might be sorely tempted to buy it, because politics aside, Glenn was important to me during a very low point in my life... :screwy:

DaraSue
10-01-2016, 02:25 AM
...aaand now the contest page has disappeared entirely. Whatever, I'm declaring myself the winner. :partyhat:

Rich_NYS
10-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Whatever, I'm declaring myself the winner. :partyhat:

Congratulations...good attitude!

DaraSue
10-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Congratulations...good attitude!

Haha... NGL when they flushed all the original votes I was sitting on my hands not to leave them a snotty message on FB or something, but realistically I know that even if I'd won they probably couldn't have used my pic for publicity without getting a nastygram from Universal. Ah well, who knows what the future will hold... 8)