PDA

View Full Version : Smoke's Poutinerie DeLorean

Jonathan
10-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Anyone heard of this place before?

http://smokespoutinerie.com/about/#_whoissmoke

It's called Smoke's Poutinerie and as you might have guessed, serve poutine.

Now, I'll admit having not heard of them or been to one of their locations even though they apparently have one in the city I live in... whoops... yet the reason I mention it here is because of the one I was in at the Arizona Coyotes hockey arena a few days ago.

The guy apparently has a pretty fond interest in all things 80s and they have a DeLorean graphic on the wall of the restaurant. I didn't get a picture of the one at Gila Arena, but here's a similar one from their Twitter account:

I was first wondering if that was someone's car they used for the photo or whether it was just a stock DeLorean image, but now I'm curious if anyone has been approached to do some poutinerie promotion in front of one of their restaurants? I'm not aware of this buy owning a D himself, but maybe he already does.

Anyway, thought it was funny seeing it there, and not just cause of the poutine or the Tim Horton's kiosk right beside it, but because of the Rubix Cube, Atari and DeLorean images on the wall.

louielouie2000
10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Poutine, hockey, and Tim Horton's? This has to be the single most Canadian post I've ever read on here! :bigclap:

It's hard to tell from the tiny pic, but that appears to be just a stock DeLorean graphic. I've seen that same image used on t-shirts.

Jonathan
10-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Poutine, hockey, and Tim Horton's? This has to be the single most Canadian post I've ever read on here! :bigclap:

Haha, no doubt, eh!

It's hard to tell from the tiny pic, but that appears to be just a stock DeLorean graphic. I've seen that same image used on t-shirts.

Yea, it shrank it down quite a bit for some reason. I'll see if I can find another one or maybe deke into the location here in town and see if they have the same one on their wall I can get a picture of. I agree with you on it being a generic image. And older too as I think that one's made the rounds for years.

I emailed the "contact us" guy asking about whether they'd do promotions so we'll see if he gets back to me.

DMCVegas
10-13-2016, 11:39 AM
The same image in on their website as well in a animated about video.

Anyway, thought it was funny seeing it there, and not just cause of the poutine or the Tim Horton's kiosk right beside it, but because of the Rubix Cube, Atari and DeLorean images on the wall.

Wait, Tim Horton's is in Phoenix now?

Jonathan
10-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Wait, Tim Horton's is in Phoenix now?

Yea, at the hockey rink. Not sure they're anywhere else in the city though... yet. Watch out, it spreads like the Borg.

Dangermouse
10-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Yea, it shrank it down quite a bit for some reason. I'll see if I can find another one or maybe deke into the location here in town and see if they have the same one on their wall I can get a picture of. .

And there's the cherry on top of this canadian thread :)

:nana2::nana2:

Jonathan
10-13-2016, 03:09 PM
And there's the cherry on top of this canadian thread :)

:nana2::nana2:

He shoots, he scores!!!!! :D

DMCVegas
10-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Yea, at the hockey rink. Not sure they're anywhere else in the city though... yet. Watch out, it spreads like the Borg.

Hopefully then there will be one at the T-Mobile arena, and will spread out from there. There was a Smoke's in Vegas, but it closed down. But since lots of Canadian companies are moving to Vegas, Canadian cuisine is the latest food that has started taking root. No one really knew what poutine was, but now places are serving it along with beef on weck, and house-cured Canadian bacon.

mr_maxime
10-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Every time I see a poutine with things like bacon or jalapenos it bugs the hell out of me. Why are people messing with perfection?

sdg3205
10-15-2016, 02:29 AM
He shoots, he scores!!!!! :D

Ahh take off ya hoser!!!