PDA

View Full Version : looking for Carb Intake Manifold

rtcraver
10-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Looking into swithing 1815 to Carb from the K-Jet.... Anyone have access to an Intake Manifold that will work on the PRV? And what Carb is recommended?

Thanks,

RTC

Rich_NYS
10-23-2016, 01:44 PM
I've seen a few different options:

-Bill Robertson's fabricated manifold
-Modified Peugeot 604 manifold
-Modified K-Jet manifold

I have a working modified K-Jet manifold that will be available for sale sometime this Winter.

Bill Robertson is the go-to guy, but there are guys heer and on http://dmctoday.com/ that are really good with carb conversions.

SS Spoiler
10-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Iv'e never seen a K-jet manifold modified for
a carb. Photo anyone?

FABombjoy
10-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Here ya go

Rich_NYS
10-23-2016, 04:57 PM
Here ya go

:thumbup:

Rich_NYS
10-23-2016, 05:01 PM
I recently saw a fabricated manifold that was made by a [then] 16 year-old owner and his Dad. I rode in this car a few weeks ago....runs nice!

Here's a pic...I think this setup has been running for about 10 years, but I don't recall exactly:

Andrew
10-24-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm partial to the Peugeot manifold. But that's what I have experience with. Thus, I cant speak to the other options.

delo2.8
10-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Here ya go

That looks good. When I did mine I lucked out and found a guy parting out a Peugeot 604 here in Canada.

Drive Stainless
10-24-2016, 10:44 PM
From what I understand, Bill Robertson has 4 manifolds remaining that work for a Motocraft 2100 carburetor. [email protected]

Andrew
10-25-2016, 11:57 PM
I've seen a few different options:

-Bill Robertson's fabricated manifold
-Modified Peugeot 604 manifold
-Modified K-Jet manifold

I have a working modified K-Jet manifold that will be available for sale sometime this Winter.

Bill Robertson is the go-to guy, but there are guys heer and on http://dmctoday.com/ that are really good with carb conversions.

Actually Rich, you have also seen a 100 percent stock Peugeot manifold on 5052 :-) However you have probably seen another one with an Autoline 2100 carb bolted on with a custom adapter plate over the two bbl opening and a block off plate over the single bbl.

Furthermore, just last week I installed a complete Peugeot 604 system on 4194. Aside from replacing the base gaskets and freeing up the stuck linkage I have done no mods whatsoever. As far as the manifold carb assembly is concerned, it was direct bolt-in. I have already put on about 100 test miles since finishing up thaw conversion on Thursday night.

kbrown84
10-27-2016, 06:57 AM
I'm currently running an intake from an Alpine, with a custom made (by me) adapter plate for a Motorcraft 2100 with an Airtex low pressure fuel pump. There is a block off on the passenger side cylinder head where a mechanical fuel pump can mount.
The carb is a 1.08 venturi, jetted at .047

Andrew
10-27-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm currently running an intake from an Alpine, with a custom made (by me) adapter plate for a Motorcraft 2100 with an Airtex low pressure fuel pump. There is a block off on the passenger side cylinder head where a mechanical fuel pump can mount.
The carb is a 1.08 venturi, jetted at .047

Nice setup! I would recommend buying a spare mechanical fuel pump as they seem to be getting harder to find. Two years ago you could order them from Autozone or Rockauto. Now it takes a month to get one from Summit. I carry a spare in both 4194 and 5052 for that reason.

Did you get the Alpine manifold from Bill or from a European source? It's pretty rare to see the Alpine manifolds on this side of the pond. IIRC the difference between the Peugeot 604 and Alpine manifolds is the lack of an EGR port on the Alpine manifold. However, the overseas sourced Pug manifolds may may not have EGR ports either.

I would love to find a twin triple barrel Weber setup from an Alpine Pack GT, but those were rare to start with and even rarer to find getting parted out.

On an aside, there is a EU speed shop that modifies Alpine manifolds to accept a Holley 390. However IIRC the mod and carb assembly costs around $1,000 US plus you need to supply the core Pug/Alpine manifold.