PDA

View Full Version : How to repair block rot and fix stupid Delorean comments.

Shuttleman
10-27-2016, 11:57 PM

Shuttleman
10-28-2016, 12:10 AM
Don't get me wrong. I loved the PRV. But this really gets you to the future, and with that sound.

Josh
10-28-2016, 01:25 AM
I fixed my block rot up nice too. Havent had and issues since!

DMC-81
10-28-2016, 07:11 AM
Yeah, that'll fix block rot all right! :hihi2:

Wow, that looks good... both frame work and engine. I can see the attention to detail. :worship:

Is that the venerable LS1?

Awesome job!

P.S. Please post a video of start up!

Josh
10-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah, that'll fix block rot all right! :hihi2:

Wow, that looks good... both frame work and engine. I can see the attention to detail. :worship:

Is that the venerable LS1?

Awesome job!

P.S. Please post a video of start up!

heres one to tie you over. Open headers! Lots of smoke from oiling the cylinders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ihYvmukBM

Shuttleman
10-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Yes, LS1. I am going away for work for one month again. To be continued when I get back.

Shuttleman
10-28-2016, 11:07 AM
Wow, that looks good... both frame work and engine. I can see the attention to detail.
Thanks and so do you. Your restoration is number one work.

Hopefully Josh will still have a LS when I'm done. Nice work.:burnout:

Nicholas R
10-28-2016, 12:39 PM
heres one to tie you over. Open headers! Lots of smoke from oiling the cylinders

I too cannot resist! :biggrin: Like Josh, open headers, lots of excitement, and some smoke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFI2gZay79M

The photos above look awesome! More and more LS DeLoreans being made; what a time to be alive! When this thing fires up, it will make every effort you've made worth it!!

FABombjoy
10-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Looking forward to a "block rot repair kit" being available some day ;)

Shuttleman
10-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Thanks to Nicholas Roedl and Doc Brown for the inspiration. Josh also brought something new with a different LS version. The first time I saw Nick page I was like wow this guy has courage. At some point you have make a decision. PRV parts is so expensive it was more a difference in time then budget so might as well go with what you want. I will make a cross over around the bell housing (H-pipe) so I am looking forward to hear the sound that it will make. Also this car as to pass an inspection before getting back on the road since it was never registered in Quebec before. They already know it is a engine swap still this type of inspection is strict. So there is no half mesure here or I'll do it later things.

Josh
10-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks to Nicholas Roedl and Doc Brown for the inspiration. Josh also brought something new with a different LS version. The first time I saw Nick page I was like wow this guy has courage. At some point you have make a decision. PRV parts is so expensive it was more a difference in time then budget so might as well go with what you want. I will make a cross over around the bell housing (H-pipe) so I am looking forward to hear the sound that it will make. Also this car as to pass an inspection before getting back on the road since it was never registered in Quebec before. They already know it is a engine swap still this type of inspection is strict. So there is no half mesure here or I'll do it later things.

Im looking forward to see what you do with the exhaust. A crossover will help a lot in terms of power and sound. It nice to see an off-the-shelf header being used, making headers is a pain in the butt.

Shuttleman
10-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Yes exactly, the goal is to make it with available/cost effective parts. These 304 stainless headers sells for 108$. That is the beauty of the LS: lots of after market parts support manufactured in large quantity.

DMC-81
10-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Thanks and so do you. Your restoration is number one work.

Hopefully Josh will still have a LS when I'm done. Nice work.:burnout:

Thank you very much!

Cool! How exciting! Great job and thanks for posting! :rock_on:

Funny story...I had to graft the wiring harness of my Fiero project to the V8 engine of course, and the "service engine soon" light stayed on ever after. For giggles, I took the car in to the dealer and asked them to help me determine the problem. The technician brought out his code reader to the car, and got a weird code. When he opened the engine cover, he burst out laughing. :hihi2:

I too cannot resist! :biggrin: Like Josh, open headers, lots of excitement, and some smoke.

The photos above look awesome! More and more LS DeLoreans being made; what a time to be alive! When this thing fires up, it will make every effort you've made worth it!!

Awesome sound! :thumbup: You know, when I got a chance to drive this powerful beast, even though I was real easy on it, I didn't find it tail heavy at all. ( thanks again Nick!)

What's the weight difference between the LS1 and the PRV again? It can't be too extreme.

BABIS
10-29-2016, 04:01 PM

is this one of the new parallel flow condenser from dmch?

Shuttleman
10-29-2016, 07:16 PM
is this one of the new parallel flow condenser from dmch?
Yes, the one that was on the car had no leak in case someone wants it. I am gonna make some aluminum shrouding instead of the weather strips between the radiator when I come back.