PDA

View Full Version : Geeze someone didn't drive this one much!

Chris Burns
08-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Only 1,700 miles with the NCT Radials. Price is very steep in my opinion. Give it awhile and the price will come down.

http://www.tedvernon.com/DeLorean/1981-DeLorean-DMC-12-00NE301.asp

TheDutchTexan
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
That also means it has 0 upgrades... No thanks, you'll end up in a heap of trouble down the line.

Chris Burns
08-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Agreed. Just amazes me that people ask soo much for something that will need a LOT of work to make it roadworthy. Good cosmetic shape though!

sean
08-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Not a whole lot of info there. Maybe the updates had been done. Still, IMO, to much for an auto.

TheDutchTexan
08-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Perhaps... it is definitely at 100% original height!

sean
08-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Perhaps... it is definitely at 100% original height!

True! Got a nice front fascia and I like the pin stripe.

TheDutchTexan
08-30-2011, 09:00 PM
And a 160mph speedo?! Looks like there are some mods after all...

Dangermouse
08-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Not a whole lot of info there. Maybe the updates had been done. Still, IMO, to much for an auto.

Nonsense. Everyone knows that autos are more desired. Hence the higher price. :biggrin:

SIMid
08-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Nonsense. Everyone knows that autos are more desired. Hence the higher price. :biggrin:

+1

:cheers:

john 05141
08-31-2011, 04:02 AM
I think it got a new instrument cluster 1700 Mi ago.
The car is indeed in a great shape, look at those seats, wowww!! But look at the drivers side the inner panel looks a bit too much worn off for 1700 Mi. You tend to rub that with your pants getting in and out of the car.

But still at that price you will find a new owner that has not done his homework checking prices.

John

BTTF-1
08-31-2011, 05:24 AM
D's are renoun for their non-working speedo. Seats, it's hard to tell look almost new.

Just find a nice one for around 20k. You'll put the other 16k into it soon enough.
Ed:wave2::wave2:

sean
08-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Nonsense.....:

OMG, you've been infected by Bill!!!:dead:

Dangermouse
08-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey, just realized it's FreekyBeetle's neighbors car from Dalton GA

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1309-DeLorean-for-Sale-in-Dalton-%28Northwest%29-Georgia

Asking $20k last week, and now up to $36,500, which seems a bit of a premium even for a rare and desirable auto.

Dangermouse
08-31-2011, 08:20 AM
OMG, you've been infected by Bill!!!:dead:

Balderdash !!!

sean
08-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey, just realized it's FreekyBeetle's neighbors car from Dalton GA

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1309-DeLorean-for-Sale-in-Dalton-%28Northwest%29-Georgia

Asking $20k last week, and now up to $36,500, which seems a bit of a premium even for a rare and desirable auto.

No that is ridiculous!

Dangermouse
08-31-2011, 08:43 AM

To be clear - Al's used cars in Dalton GA was asking $20k, and now SoBe Classics in Miami FL is asking $35.5k

TheDutchTexan
08-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Well... I think "SoBe Classics in Miami FL" will fall on hard times selling this one at that much of a mark-up. At least, to an informed DeLorean purchaser.

Jonathan
08-31-2011, 08:15 PM
I'll stick up for my little baby the auto trans. The manual trans perhaps USED to be most desired, but I think more of the general population will be looking for automatics nowadays. When the macho male ego guy comments subside about "ah, what did you get an automatic for?" and instead realize it's a lot easier to drive, whether it's in rush hour or in a parade or whatever, but many people buy cars to cruise in and not to take to the track. Personally I can't stand manual trans cars. Have never owned one and never will. I was considering buying an auto Corvette just to piss off those macho guys who think they are more manly because they drive a stick (or get back into their big pick up truck).

Kenny_Z
08-31-2011, 11:41 PM
It seems that my D still has the rear NCT tires. Replacing those just jumped to the top of the list...

DeLorean
09-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I'll stick up for my little baby the auto trans. The manual trans perhaps USED to be most desired, but I think more of the general population will be looking for automatics nowadays. When the macho male ego guy comments subside about "ah, what did you get an automatic for?" and instead realize it's a lot easier to drive, whether it's in rush hour or in a parade or whatever, but many people buy cars to cruise in and not to take to the track. Personally I can't stand manual trans cars. Have never owned one and never will. I was considering buying an auto Corvette just to piss off those macho guys who think they are more manly because they drive a stick (or get back into their big pick up truck).

The reason I don't want an automatic is that the 3-speed automatic in the DeLorean is slow, inefficient and often unreliable. With a DeLorean, it needs all the help it can get and the 5 speed manual makes the car into a much better car to drive in 95% of the driving situations I encounter with the D.

This is the first time I have herd anyone equate driving a manual trans with "being macho" :lol: Anyone who knows me knows I'm not exactly "macho"

Also, I have only ever owned a few auto cars in my life and every one I have had I have hated and wished for a manual with.

stevedmc
09-01-2011, 11:05 AM
It seems that my D still has the rear NCT tires. Replacing those just jumped to the top of the list...

Wow. You better go straight to the tire place next time your car leaves your driveway. Be sure to save the NCT tires. They are worth money to some people.

DeLorean
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
When I got my original car, it has the original NCT tires too (shocking, I know) - seems as though some people don't account for dry rot, as long as it still had tread, they are still "good" :lol:

When we removed the original NCT's not were they so dry rotted they were starting to leak air, 3 out of 4 had patches and the inner ply in both rear tires had de-laminated. Likely a 1/2 hour highway drive would have caused at LEAST one to blow out.

Anyone with original NCT's, get rid of them, they are done.

dvonk
10-25-2011, 10:36 AM
well, VIN 4721 is for sale again (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-1981-DeLorean-DMC-12-/220880438925) on ebay. its still in florida. check out the verbose description:

Only 1,700 miles
Best one i've seen.
any questions please email me.

Thanks

Free shipping in the US and To Germany

Dangermouse
10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Same photos from when it was in Miami

DMCVegas
10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Has Ted Vernon been selling shitty DeLoreans all these years? Because I remember seeing ads for cars way back before I even bought mine in 2000, and he's always pitching low mileage DeLoreans as "The Nicest I've ever seen!". Has he just been getting better and better cars all these years and finally knows what a nice car is? Did someone like take a shotgun to their own head in the first DMC-12 he ever resold, and it's just all been uphill from there with cars being cleaner and cleaner since then?

Seriously, I just can't stand the same recycled, trite phrases that get constantly reused by used car salesmen.

mluder
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Agreed. My car was relatively low miles when I bought it back in March. the reason - it was garaged for 10 years. the PO got it road worthy again - fule system, cooling, and brakes all re done to an extent to get it driveable before I bought it.

Subsequently, it seems like everything that would have failed in the last 10 years of driving is starting to happen now as I drive pretty regularly. Some of it's stupid stuff like exterior door handles breaking, and some of it not like it won't pass emmisions and their are intermittant coolant and clutch leaks.

I'm OK with it because I am still new to this so the repairs are exciting to me even though I know very little about cars. I will take my time and learn.

Steve

Agreed. Just amazes me that people ask soo much for something that will need a LOT of work to make it roadworthy. Good cosmetic shape though!

Roman Legion
10-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Where is the spare at? lol