PDA

View Full Version : SEDOC members + sign in & update

Dangermouse
05-27-2011, 09:01 AM
New forum - new start :wave:

So how have all the SEDOC members been and what have we all been up to this year.

I’ll get the ball rolling:

Fitted the de-icing kit at the start of the year (thanks Mike S) and drove my car regularly since then. Have had a few OTPDOC lunches with nullset, runDMC and others (watch this space for the next one)

Fitted new tie-rods & boot at Freeside tech session and then had a (probable) AT governor failure that has side-lined Marmite for the time being (had to spend the free-time car-hunting for a new DD). Once GB is fixed, I have new headlights and eyebrow reduction surgery to do. :cool:

sean
05-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Well, from Nov. 1 to now its all been about mat time! Wreal Wrestling ;-). Been coaching for for 5+ years now and this was probably the wildest season. First time in school history we made it to Dual State and placed 5th as a team. Then after not placing a kid higher than 3rd at the high school level we produced 2 state finalist and one champ. Right after that I roll into freestyle/greco and we have a bout a week left of that before I roll back into folkstyle summer league for a month. Then its break time from July 1-Nov 1 woot woot! Some highlights from this freestyle/greco season (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?143-Not-the-fake-stuff-either.....). Yes, I'm still neglecting my existing frame off project (http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid=1).:(

Ryan
05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Ah, it's good to have a fresh start. Ryan here. Still pining away for a second chance at a Delorean. Everytime I think i've moved on from the world of stainless, I get sucked back in again. I went back to school to get me some knowledge and that has been going well. Looking at purchasing a house in the very near future. The twins are two and much like the common velociraptor, have formed a pack mentality. Hopefully within the next couple years, I will get to live the dream once again. Until then I'll keep lurking in the shadows and possibly attending SEDOC tech sessions..... maybe.

jackb
05-27-2011, 06:59 PM
This year? I spent the first 4 months working on my truck, taking care of a lot of issues I've been procrastinating to do since I bought it in 2006. Knocked out some things on the Delorean, fuel tank area frame corrosion, Spax shocks, Martin's springs, poly bushings and a few other minor things. I got to meet Dave, the Electric Delorean creator, when I was on leave in NY last month too.
3 weeks ago I began cross-training (still in the Air Force) from A-10 Crew Chief to OSI, and I'm a student at the FLETC in Brunswick now.

Bikercmbc
05-28-2011, 03:12 AM
I switched jobs, working on Mercedes again. Bought another D. Storms hailed on it and totalled it. With my other car I put eibach springs, poly bushings, new horns, window switched, and a new battery.

Freaky Beetle
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Not much DMC wise going on in my neck of the woods. I picked up a fuel accumulator on my last visit to DMC Midwest back at Thanksgiving '10. It is still sitting on my garage shelving. I did display the car at the Relay for Life a few weeks ago. It was setup to raise money through a photo opportunity. I was a big hit and did raise money for the cause.

Jack
06-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I installed 2 gano filters.
I'm working on my driver side window motor.
(if anyone else has a broken one let me know might need the parts)
Going to do a fuse box replacement soon, had two more start melting on me this year.

DMC02766
06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Ive been busy on mine- refinished the sway bar / replaced the bushings, replaced the idle speed switch, oil pressure sending unit, transmission pan gasket (3 times trying to stop the leak), replaced transmission lines, refinished the front grill, bought and refurbished a uhaul trailer to haul it to the shows with, bought a new master cylinder (putting on this winter when I refinish the control arms / rebuild the brakes), recovered the headliners... the list goes on and on. After 6 years of working on it, it now runs perfect. Sad, because it only has 8000 miles on it haha.

nullset
06-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I switched jobs, working on Mercedes again. Bought another D. Storms hailed on it and totalled it. With my other car I put eibach springs, poly bushings, new horns, window switched, and a new battery.

Ouch….. pics? Did I see this one for sale recently?

--buddy

Mark C
07-16-2011, 12:49 AM
It's been a very busy summer, so I haven't had much time to spend on the new site or with my car, sadly. Been working lots of overtime, taken a couple of short vacations, and traded my daily driver, a '09 Dodge Challenger R/T, for a '10 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

aludden
08-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Hello!
I'm Alex, I live in Gatlinburg TN, I have #1968, which I've owned since 1987. It was my daily driver back then, but I haven't used it much in the last 20 years. I hope to get it all fixed up so I can come down to one of your meetings soon!

Dangermouse
09-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Look forward to meeting you and your car Alex

Ryan
09-01-2011, 02:08 AM
:welcome: A lot of owners in TN that are probably close to you.

sean
09-01-2011, 05:58 AM
:welcome: A lot of owners in TN that are probably close to you.

What he said!

Glad to have you here.

dvonk
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the Forum! there are alot of DeLoreans in northeast TN... i saw my first D in Kingsport in the mid-nineties. :biggrin:

Ron
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Alex,
:welcome:

Byrne H&A
09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Dermot,
We have the answer to eye brow distortion. Check out our website for the soluton and more. www.DeLoreanupgradeparts.com Byrne