PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Time Machine Built in 3 minutes?

videobob
09-01-2011, 03:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZubVo2koc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZubVo2koc

Me and my crew at BOB'S PROP SHOP build this Delorean Time Machine replica in only 10 days and capture it all in this amazing time lapse footage! Shot on the GoProHD at 1 frame every 5 seconds for 10 days and compressed into a 3 minute file, see this amazing replica take shape before your eyes!

sean
09-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Pretty cool Bob.

Mark D
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Bob,

While it is flattering that you have chosen to use my flux capacitor 3D cad model as part of your "Bob's Prop Shop" logo, you did not ask, nor do you have permission to use this image. Please remove it from your website and all videos immediately.

Proof:

videobob
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Sorry, I did not know it was yours.
It is used all over the net.

Would you like to give me permission to use it and I will add a graphic credit on the website?
Thanks.

Mark D
09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I would prefer you edit your logo to remove the image. You can replace it with a photo of a flux capacitor that you have actually built and it would more accurately represent your company anyway.

BTTF-1
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Bob

Great Video.

Mark
Why did you not sign the image with a watermark on the Flux Capacitor before it travelled the net?

I guess that's just part of being 100 percent technically accurate. :elmo1:

Just another thought in time!

Ed

Mark D
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Ed,

The non watermarked version if that particular image was uploaded to a private forum that is not publicly accessible. I'm not going to speculate how bob gained access to it, but regardless, I would like it removed from his company logo.

TemporalFX
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Bob
I guess that's just part of being 100 percent technically accurate.

LOL! ED! ROFL! How's your car coming? 100% Anything? :dork:

www.temporalfx.com

BTTF-1
09-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Can you say? Bob what a great job you did on your "Back to the Future cars."

Ed:elmo2:
www.temporalbs.com

TemporalFX
09-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Hello Ed,

In fact, we were on the phone with Video Bob all last week and complimenting his fine work! Temporal FX is always happy to work with Mr. Mosely. :hihi: Thank you for the compliments to our 100% accurate cars. You'll be seeing a lot more of them in the coming weeks! Stay tuned! :monkeys:

Our team has received your multiple requests for some of our time machine parts, however at this time we are not offering the rear vents, but will hold on to your offer for the future. And thank you for the request for our orange tube. It is currently on EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-Future-DeLorean-Orange-Tube-Vintage-NOS-/300593761967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fcc8ceaf

Thanks!
www.temporalfx.com

BTTF-1
09-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Terry, Terry, Terry Old Buddy
I am so sorry Sir.

I did not mean to hurt your feelings. It's wonderful that you have made amends. I agree Bob's work is abosoluetly excellent. I have many of his 100 percent Technically acurate parts on my car as well.

I have to admit I do have my little eye on the Red Jurassic Park Hard Hat on e-bay.

Ed:elmo2:
www.teporalbs.com

TemporalFX
09-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Ed! Don't know what you're talking about, "hurt feelings" (?) All good here, buddy! :hihi:

We're just sorry we couldn't help you with all those parts you emailed us about. Temporal FX has just been so busy lately, as I see you guys have noticed!:popcorn:

But I'm glad Bruce and Gary are helping you get everything you need. Keep at it! You'll have a finished car in no time! :cheers:

www.temporalfx.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Temporal-FX/106787976086164

videobob
09-02-2011, 01:03 AM
I will work on the logo as soon as I get a chance.

Mark D
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks

videobob
09-03-2011, 01:41 AM
I deleted the old video and replaced it with this one, it has a snazzy new soundtrack that rocks a little more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWJ0MRnUeVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWJ0MRnUeVg

I will never understand people who plagiarize things for a hobby, but get all bent out
of shape when someone does it back to them.
"You stole the thing I ripped off!"
Black kettles and glass houses.

TheDutchTexan
09-03-2011, 03:44 AM
To be honest, I would be pissed too if someone where to take one of my line arts without asking. It took some hard work and hours to make those, no matter what pictures I used as a base. Just replicate the angle, make a picture of one of your flux capacitors, photoshop it, and use that as a logo. Problem solved, and it'll look better to boot!

Now how about that shop tour?

videobob
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Qr5uni3AY

For anyone really bored, here is the original long version of the time lapse.
It's about 36 minutes long but a lot more detailed, you can see what we are doing a little more clearly.
No audio.

Mark D
09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Bob, thanks for removing the logo with the flux from your videos, but I see it is still up on the front page of your website. Can you please fix this soon?

Mark D
09-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Bob, your website logo still contains the flux capacitor image that you agreed to remove. Please follow through with removing this from your logo immediately!

videobob
09-26-2011, 04:22 AM
I have a new logo that will be up soon, I have been busy working on my shop, taping my new TV show....stuff like that.
I will add this to the top of my "crap I really don't care about, but I have to do because some cry baby is whining about" list.
I'll get right on it as soon as I have time.

videobob
09-26-2011, 05:24 AM
http://www.bobspropshop.com/phpbb/styles/reckless_red/imageset/site_logo.png

nullset
09-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I have a new logo that will be up soon, I have been busy working on my shop, taping my new TV show....stuff like that.
I will add this to the top of my "crap I really don't care about, but I have to do because some cry baby is whining about" list.
I'll get right on it as soon as I have time.

Wow, Bob. How very mature and professional of you.

--buddy

BTTF-1
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Well Bob the new Logo looks great.

Yap the ladies do whine a lot. That’s all part of there being “100 percent technically unaccurate.”Kind of reminds me of the Housewife’s of LA.

Ed:rock_on::bigclap::thankyou:

stevedmc
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
While it is flattering that you have chosen to use my flux capacitor 3D cad model as part of your "Bob's Prop Shop" logo, you did not ask, nor do you have permission to use this image. Please remove it from your website and all videos immediately.

I would have waited until Bob becomes rich and famous to come forth. Then you could have hired a lawyer to do the asking for you.

videobob
09-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Not to be a big braggy bragger, but I have had my art and graphics featured in many national magazines (full page ads I made for REVOLVER and METAL EDGE magazines)
and my DVD and CD covers on retail store shelves in Wal-Mart and BestBuy.
My music videos have been played on MTV.
Now I am getting my own show on the Discovery Channel.
If this Mark cat had a brain in his head he would have told me,
"Bob, if you want to use the image let me send you the hi-res version, I would like
a graphics credit on the show" (which appears on the IMDB listing).
This is HUGE for anyone who does graphics.
This is why guys like him go no where.....
He doesn't know me, has never dealt with me but he has a bias against me because
he follows the wrong leaders and listens to assholes who are jealous of my successes.

I have a list I keep of the good people and the bad people.
My supporters will be rewarded.
The others can GFTS's.

sean
09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
The others can GFTS's.

Hey, just like Ed B.

Uh oh....I think I know what list I just got put on :hmm:.

:tongue2:

nullset
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Not to be a big braggy bragger, but I have had my art and graphics featured in many national magazines (full page ads I made for REVOLVER and METAL EDGE magazines)
and my DVD and CD covers on retail store shelves in Wal-Mart and BestBuy.
Now I am getting my own show on the Discovery Channel.
If this Mark cat had a brain in his head he would have told me,
"Bob, if you want to use the image let me send you the hi-res version, I would like
a graphics credit on the show" (which appears on the IMDB listing).
This is HUGE for anyone who does graphics.
This is why guys like him go no where.....
He doesn't know me, has never dealt with me but he has a bias against me because
he follows the wrong leaders and listens to assholes who are jealous of my successes.

The others can GFTS's.

And you had an opportunity to say "Hey, I messed up. I'm sorry I used your work without permission. I'll remove it as soon as I can".

Instead, you came off looking….well, you figure it out.

I'm sorry Bob, but your posts here were not very professional.

--buddy

Mark D
09-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Bob, thanks for finally removing my image from your logo. Best of luck with your TV show. I have no desire to be associated with you or any of your work, so that was the reason I wanted it removed.

I'll let the rest of what you said speak for itself.

TemporalFX
09-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Well Bob the new Logo looks great.

Yap the ladies do whine a lot. That’s all part of there being “100 percent technically unaccurate.”Kind of reminds me of the Housewife’s of LA.

Ed:rock_on::bigclap::thankyou:

Hi Ed!

Great to see you on DMCTALK! Thank you for inquiry about acquiring our real vintage orange tube prop. We're sorry we could not provide you the BUY IT NOW price you wanted. No worries, we'll have more in the future!

Best of luck on your BACK TO THE FUTURE car conversion! And thanks for the kind words about our accuracy in our builds. We take great pride in it.

BTTF-1
09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
terry old buddy

It's really kind of scary knowing you and the ladies follow my buying on e-bay.

I can only guess that is part of being 100 percent technically accurate?

Ed:grouphugg:

TemporalFX
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
terry old buddy

It's really kind of scary knowing you and the ladies follow my buying on e-bay.

I can only guess that is part of being 100 percent technically accurate?

Ed:grouphugg:

I was referring to our auction in which you emailed us directly.

Best of luck on your conversion! We'd love to see some progress pics! If you need anymore help, drop us a line!

Nicholas R
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey Bob, kind of off topic; where did you find that rock version of the Back to the Future theme in the updated 3min build video? It's awesome!!! Is it a specific band? Thanks!!

Very cool video btw. My favorite parts where the brief flashes when the neon was turned on.

videobob
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Mark,
I have thought about it and I want to first apologize to you for being a dick.
I have had a lot on my plate lately and I guess I took it as an insult when you
asked me to take it off I figured as much as your explanation.
I just get tired of being judged by people who don't even know me.
However, all that's irrelevant to the fact that it IS yours and you asked to me to take
it down.
I didn't know who it belonged to, I just thought it was cool so I used it as part of my temporary logo and I didn't consider who it belonged to.
There is so much on the net that is basically public domain, that unless you brand the image with some sort of identifiable info (like the way I did with my name "Bobs Prop Shop) then it pretty much becomes an open image.

All that said I realize that I should be claiming things as my own and this is just a symptom of my own narcissism that I am learning to deal with.
For some reason I think I own the world.
I don't.
I am learning to deal with that fact and to respect others.

Please accept my apology.
I respect your work and I think you did a great job on it.
I hope we can meet in person and I can make it up to you someday.
Thanks.
- Bob

videobob
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
This music is yet something else I used without permission...
I simply searched youtube for "Back To The future theme" as I knew there were lots of different versions out there with guitars, pianos, etc.
I actually edited together several different versions I found along with elements
of the original to make my own "mash up".
I get so sick of hearing the same old music used over and over and I wanted it
to rock as fast as the video moved.
Glad you liked it.
I wish I knew exactly WHO did it so I COULD give them proper credit, but it has
been ripped off so many times I am not sure who's it really is!!!
Thanks.
- VB

Hey Bob, kind of off topic; where did you find that rock version of the Back to the Future theme in the updated 3min build video? It's awesome!!! Is it a specific band? Thanks!!

Very cool video btw. My favorite parts where the brief flashes when the neon was turned on.

Mark D
10-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Mark,
I have thought about it and I want to first apologize to you for being a dick.
I have had a lot on my plate lately and I guess I took it as an insult when you
asked me to take it off I figured as much as your explanation.
I just get tired of being judged by people who don't even know me.
However, all that's irrelevant to the fact that it IS yours and you asked to me to take
it down.
I didn't know who it belonged to, I just thought it was cool so I used it as part of my temporary logo and I didn't consider who it belonged to.
There is so much on the net that is basically public domain, that unless you brand the image with some sort of identifiable info (like the way I did with my name "Bobs Prop Shop) then it pretty much becomes an open image.

All that said I realize that I should be claiming things as my own and this is just a symptom of my own narcissism that I am learning to deal with.
For some reason I think I own the world.
I don't.
I am learning to deal with that fact and to respect others.

Please accept my apology.
I respect your work and I think you did a great job on it.
I hope we can meet in person and I can make it up to you someday.
Thanks.
- Bob

Bob, Thanks for the apology... I'm sure deep down you're not a bad guy. My advice to you is to just let your work speak for itself. Take credit for what you do, and give credit to those who help you.

And you're right that we've never met and that I don't technically know you, but still...

When I was first getting into the BTTF hobby one of the first things I was involved with was that 3D flux capacitor model. I was looking for some information on the orange rubber boots on the relays, and I saw you had a bunch of stuff listed on eBay with what looked to be the correct parts. I emailed you wanting to buy a set of just the boots, or wanted to know if you had more information.

Your response was: "Why should I help you?"

Needless to say, I found a group of other guys that got me the information I needed, and even sent me some parts at cost. I've also read your posts on other forums and have heard plenty about you from friends of mine in the BTTF hobby. I'm not trying to drag you though the mud but there are some pretty messed up photos of you floating around in the internet too. I know it was a halloween party man, but really?? I'm also thankful to have NOT seen certain other videos of you that are out there.

The internet is not written in pencil, so don't be surprised if your reputation preceeds you in the future.

Sometimes it's better to build friendships and relationships than to find a way to trash everybody else and try to take all their buisiness away. I get that you do this for a living but you can't just make it ONLY about the money. Most of us are doing this for fun so I'm sure it alienates would-be customers when they see all the other drama...

I saw those videos you made about your ghostbusters proton packs and it made me feel realy bad for all the guys in that hobby that now have to deal with that kind of crap. Is it the same in the knightrider's builder's forum? Just chill out and sell your stuff without all the drama and you'll still make a bunch of money.

But whatever, you don't have to take my advice. Just do whatever you think is the right thing to do.

Ryan
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM

MTV-2 at three in the morning doesn't count.

The others can GFTS's.

Santa?

videobob
10-03-2011, 01:40 PM
MTV-2 at three in the morning doesn't count.

Santa?

My videos play during Headbanger's Ball.
That might be 3 in the morning, but it is the only place that still plays music videos!
I think it was a great accomplishment.
I have made over 300+ music videos since 1991.
It is really difficult to have one played on MTV.
My bros in Pantera spent $250K on the "5 Minutes Alone" video and it was played ONCE. So I am proud of my work.

videobob
10-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Mark.
I don't want to argue with you, but I am positive I never said to you,
"Why should I help you?"
I have never said that to anyone.
I might have told you that I don't sell those parts individually, that might be the case.
When I had my bttfstuff.com forums running I gave away more information than anyone.
Pretty much all the printed stuff you see on eBay came from my site at some point.
As a matter of fact, I open my shop to most any local prop maker to come by,
use my tools, references, etc.

As for the Ghostbuster's junk, same crap, different movie.
Nothing changes but the names.

stevedmc
10-03-2011, 10:04 PM
The others can GFTS's.

Let it be noted that I bought a set of LEDs from Bob about two years ago. He gave me a very good deal and they are of the highest quality.

videobob
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks Steve,
I was the first to offer the LED kits back in 2003.
Of course, everyone offers them now!
Glad you like them!

Let it be noted that I bought a set of LEDs from Bob about two years ago. He gave me a very good deal and they are of the highest quality.

Only1Balto
10-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Hi guys :) I'd like to some day build my own time machine. Lets all be friends. :hihi: