PDA

View Full Version : Damns Yous Lucas!!!

sean
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Changes to the series for upcoming Star Wars Blu-ray collection (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20100085-1/lucasfilm-changes-original-star-wars-trilogy-again/?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Crave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RVJJfny4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnLgh3dudSk

Michael
09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Typical Lucas...just when the 40yr old nerds(having been bled dry from the previous releases) have saved up enough coin to move out of their parents basement, here come Lucas the Hutt to say" ohhh its all wrong, this release is the one that you need to see...if you truly are a fan".

Lucas has played the star wars card for everything its worth and then some.

Ryan
09-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Lucas still raping his movies?

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Dangermouse
09-01-2011, 01:00 PM
lol, I thought this thread was going to be about the Prince of Darkness :dork:

sean
09-01-2011, 01:03 PM

You know you're a DeLorean owner if.....

Mark D
09-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the shitty Lucas electronics used in the car...

sdg3205
09-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Haha, same! I was worried Sean's car was burnt to a crisp!

Dangermouse
09-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the shitty Lucas electronics used in the car...

Lucas Electrics a.k.a. The Prince of Darkness

Mark D
09-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Hmm I musta been in the 'darkness' on that reference... Had no idea that's what people were calling them these days! Makes perfect sense though.

Karin
09-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Sucking the Star Wars teat dry, is what's going on. I would like to see their company do something else, like make a sequel or heck some kind of animation to my most favorite game from them that is now 15 years old, Afterlife. Maybe make more games that has the same setup as Monkey Island and Full Throttle did. I heard Mark Hammel did the voice for the bad guy in Full Throttle.

Looks like I'll have to start making games if they don't get off their old butts with Star Wars. What they've done before, they've done. Quit it with the re-editing, old farts. Don't make that South Park episode come true with remaking Indiana Jones.

TheDutchTexan
09-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Lucas needs to stop improving upon the old classic movies. I want the classic star wars. While I like the add-on scenes with Jabba the Hutt in the first movie, I dislike "Greedo shoots first" immensely. I know it is politically correct, but Han was a scumbag.

He should also just break down and do 3 more movies. Take the thimoty zahn books and do it. Instead of 3d movies that where not shot in 3d to begin with.

And about games, well... I would love for lucasarts to pick up Full Throttle and re-animate the entire thing in HD. Or re-invision the storyline, so it's all new, but still the same. Just bring it out again for the new kids. Those games are a lost art. I loved the heck out of it when I played it, and re-played it... and re-replayed it. Awesome storyline, cool animation (for the time). Something kids these days don't appreciate anymore.

Mike C.
09-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Im glad I bought Dan's laser disk of the unmolested ep. 4,5,and 6.

Han shoots first, little boxie's around the computer effects, no digital creatures, all is right with the world.

The only added character ive ever liked was in Family Guy's "it's a trap!" when they used a sock puppet.

dvonk
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
i have the LaserDiscs that have been THX remastered. released in 1995, this was the last time the original version of Star Wars was available. all subsequent releases have been bastardized by Lucas.

Ikeaboy1
09-02-2011, 04:51 PM
At least these charges are nearly inconsequential, as opposed to the huge clash between the massive addition of CGI effects, characters singing into the camera, Han shooting second, etc.

Michael
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Never got Lucas' reasoning on the whole Han shot first thing.

Was Greedo's laser set on "impotent"..I mean he missed Han's head by 2 inches, and it barely made a burn spot in the wall. And moreso, he MISSED while sitting at a table pointing at Han...what kind of bounty hunter misses at point blank range?

Meanwhile Han, after dodging the laser ala "Neo", what is the Matrix Han?, fires his laser into poor Greedo instantly turning him into a extra crispy Greedo chicken strip. Man if Greedo had Han's gun he could have missed by a foot and still took his head off.

Alan
09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I dislike "Greedo shoots first" immensely. I know it is politically correct, but Han was a scumbag.

Even if Lucas wanted to portray Han as a more honorable character, I think he's doing the character an injustice. One of the great things about the original trilogy is the growth of the characters. If Han isn't a scumbag who shoots first, his evolution as a character is diminished. Han needs to find the right path as much as Luke needs to come of age.

Mike C.
09-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I remember when Lucas "reimagined" the original 3... He said this is exactly what he envisioned, but the technology at the time was lacking.... Yet here he goes tweaking again...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not necessary.

Why so negative, Vader?