PDA

View Full Version : Announcement about DMC Florida - January 10, 2017

DMCH James
01-10-2017, 06:21 PM
January 10, 2017

DeLorean Motor Company is pleased to announce the opening of its new and only authorized Florida location in Orlando. Pending permits, build-out of the facility and licensing we expect to open this new location in February 2017. Reservations for service/restoration work can be made now by calling (407) 203-2300 or by email to ‘[email protected]’.

“While the location in Southwestern Florida has served us well for many years, we are excited to be able to address the needs of the DeLorean community by being more centrally located”, said Stephen Wynne of DeLorean Motor Company, “and the close proximity to the numerous tourist attractions makes it convenient for owners and enthusiasts from all over the world to add us to their ‘must-see’ list while visiting Central Florida”.

Tony Ierardi promises dedicated, exclusive DeLorean service and access to DeLorean’s entire warehouse of parts and on-hand availability going forward, saying, “With this new dedicated DeLorean facility, we’ll be able to focus on having large quantities of DeLorean parts and accessories not only to ensure rapid service and thorough restoration work, but also to serve the needs of walk-in and mail-order clients as well.”

More details, including operating hours and location, will be announced soon.

dmcnc
01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
VERY EXCITING! This is way more centric for me! Looking forward to checking out the new DMC-Fl!

Morpheus
01-10-2017, 06:35 PM
AWESOME news!

Timeless
01-10-2017, 06:48 PM
What, if anything, is going to happen to the Bonita location? I live a few miles from there - I hope they will still offer the same services.

Morpheus
01-10-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm told that Gulf Coast Motorworks will continue to exist, but it is no longer an authorized DeLorean dealer or service center. DMC Florida in Orlando will be the only authorized DeLorean dealer/service center in the southeast going forward.

Timeless
01-10-2017, 07:10 PM
I'll have to make a trip over there. I assume their inventory and Proto 1 will be relocated.

Michael
01-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Still no location for East Tennessee. I'm looking forward to the service center for the 6 or 7 cars here.(Maybe a tad liberal) 2 or 3 cars here.

GCMW Deloreans
01-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Gulfcoast Motorworks will still be servicing Deloreans as we have for the past years. The same technicians that have worked on the vehicles the past 3 years will still be remaining in Bonita Springs. Proto 1 and all Delorean inventory belong to Gulfcoast Motorworks and we intend to continue selling the finest Deloreans. Please feel free to stop by at the end of this month and see our new Delorean showroom. Our 16,000 square foot facility offers vehicles for just about any taste.

DMC-81
01-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Thanks Stephen, James, and Tony!! That is outstanding news, and it makes total sense to me! :thumbup:

Wow, a DMC location in my city. :wiggle:

Bullitt
01-11-2017, 06:01 AM
Hmm, then I guess I will have to visit both places this summer....

Delorean Industries
01-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Well this just got interesting. When I heard a while back that wynne was going to personally fund tony back into business and screw over gcmw who by far sells more cars than all other franchises combined I thought... damn.

Thank god I never signed up with this scum. First steger now gcmw.

Glad to see the collateral damaged included proto 1 and low mile cars in gcmw favor.

steve
01-11-2017, 08:47 AM
And the Auto Train goes from Virginia to Orlando. This might just work out.

Steve

SamHill
01-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Well this just got interesting. When I heard a while back that wynne was going to personally fund tony back into business and screw over gcmw who by far sells more cars than all other franchises combined I thought... damn.

Glad to see the collateral damaged included proto 1 and low mile cars in gcmw favor.

Michael
01-11-2017, 09:22 AM

What? I thought Tony owned GCMW and this venture was more or less a offshoot of that dealership that focused on DeLoreans(and now both would be under Tony)

Delorean Industries
01-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Nope. The real owner severed things back in 2015 at some point with Tony. Speculation has it being an interview around the time of BTTF day where Tony publicly said he was the owner which was false. They then waited the current franchise agreement out and opted not to renew with GCMW. I'm sure the writing was on the wall but still it is shady as hell. Its a mess that should be blown wide open for all to see. Hopefully preventing anyone from ever making the mistake of signing a franchise agreement with DMC again.

The list of independents grows +1

GCMW Deloreans
01-11-2017, 09:33 AM
This has been a very difficult situation concerning GCMW and Delorean. Stephen has always wanted to have a Delorean presence in Orlando or another major city in Florida. When Tony left us in 2015, we continued doing business as usual, taking care of Deloreans and selling some fine cars. We will still continue that legacy. We wish Stephen and Tony well in the new location and I want people to remember the car that has brought us together rather than the gossip that will divide us.

Delorean Industries
01-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Mike,
Will they continue to sell you parts even though you will be in direct competition with their new location? Or did they pull the same thing as with many of us? "Its just business" and cut you off? Regardless you really do not need them to continue your work. Feel free to contact us directly and we will get you plugged into a thriving independent network of NOS, reproduction and innovative component suppliers.

Michael
01-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Well this can mean only one thing on talk:
:lockdance::lockdance::lockdance::lockdance::lockd ance::lockdance::lockdance::lockdance::lockdance:

Delorean Industries
01-11-2017, 09:43 AM
This isn't out of control yet Michael. Just kind factual talk between people.

Dangermouse
01-11-2017, 09:44 AM
When Tony left us in 2015, .

I must have missed this news.......

Michael
01-11-2017, 10:12 AM

I agree completely but this is talk...they lock threads when it paints golden vendors in a bad light..it's what they do.

Me making this statement means the admins will now go out of their way NOT to lock it.

SamHill
01-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Ah, the old double negative reverse troll. Well played.

When going down to FL it was always for a few days so it was hard to justify spending hours driving to get to DMCFL. Orlando is a great location.

Now, can we get someone to service the MidAtlantic Region?

Delorean Industries
01-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Ah, the old double negative reverse troll. Well played.

When going down to FL it was always for a few days so it was hard to justify spending hours driving to get to DMCFL. Orlando is a great location.

Now, can we get someone to service the MidAtlantic Region?

I thought that is what Grady did?

SamHill
01-11-2017, 10:48 AM
I thought that is what Grady did?

I don't think of NY as being particularly close.

Iznodmad
01-11-2017, 10:50 AM
This is all fine and dandy. I have just one question. What is the importance of this "authorization" everyone keeps speaking of?

Morpheus
01-11-2017, 11:21 AM
This is all fine and dandy. I have just one question. What is the importance of this "authorization" everyone keeps speaking of?

It refers to shops who are under the umbrella of DeLorean Motor Company, such as Houston, California, Northwest, Midwest, and now Orlando, FL.

Iznodmad
01-11-2017, 01:21 PM
It refers to shops who are under the umbrella of DeLorean Motor Company, such as Houston, California, Northwest, Midwest, and now Orlando, FL.

Well, of course it does. I'm hardly a beginner in this community. But that is not my point. Is that supposed to make me believe that it is better for some reason? And therefore, all of a sudden, the other place (GCMW) is not? It seems like that is the impression they are trying to make. If I am alone in this and mis-interpreting, then I am just reading into it wrong. I can claim myself the best underwater basket weaver in the world. It doesn't mean that I am just b/c I make that "statement". Eh, forget about it....y'all enjoy and good luck with all that is going on in Florida. I'm happy with more options out there.

Mark D
01-11-2017, 02:44 PM
When I see "authorized" I just think "authorized to sell you NOS parts from the DMCH warehouse at the price listed on the website" and all of the related DMCH specific reproduction parts, 'Stage' kits, etc.

It seems like the independent vendors have their own sources for parts (NOS dealer stock they've purchased over the years?) or fabricate certain parts from scratch. I think some also buy parts from DMCH at retail price if they can't find it anywhere else. Unless DMCH is blocking sales of parts to independent vendors... but I don't know if that's the case.

I would also imagine that the owner of a DeLorean looking to have work done could buy parts from DMCH online and still have an independent shop do the install work for them.

DMCFL Tony
01-11-2017, 05:52 PM
The speculation on this thread about me, my ownership of companies, or lack there of, are rumors and half truths.

I continue to have a good relationship with my ex business partner and wish nothing but the best for GCMW, after all I was the co owner/founder.

I have never left the DeLorean business, I have been working with DMC since I stepped away from Gulf Coast for personal reasons.

I have been in the DeLorean Community for about 27 years now and the only part I wish different was the infighting.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me if I can assist you.

Thank you,

Tony Ierardi

DMC Florida

407-203-2300

[email protected]

DMC-81
01-11-2017, 10:10 PM

The unfortunate posts in this thread are another reason why I'm not a fan of Josh Bengston and Delorean Performance Industries / DPI. It has nothing to do with the products offered. It has everything to do with this vendor's crass and arrogance. To me, these posts from Josh are mean spirited and they smack of sour grapes.

Meanwhile DMC personel and Mike from GCMW have responded professionally, as usual. You see, Josh, they are professionals. As an owner, I only see childish, bullying behavior from you here. Josh, no vendor picked apart or injected rumors on your announcement on 12/31.

Instead of trying to sabotage an otherwise great news story, you would be better served by spending that time and energy working harder at communicating and following up with your customers. (Which is another reason that I steer clear). Perhaps with a different attitude/approach, you can reduce the desperate posts in customer service graveyard threads like these...

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11247-DPI-Delorean-Performance-Industries-No-response

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?13553-Bolts-on-rear-fascia/page3

You see a pattern here? These are messes that have been blown wide open for all to see. Just look at the number of views on these threads. This is your target market.

Josh, please grow up. More vendor choice is a good thing and I wish you the best, but you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Delorean Industries
01-12-2017, 03:40 AM
Dana I'm not even going to attempt to justify my actions on this topic to you. It's nothing personal but even giving you details I can't post probably won't make it clearer in your mind. You are right that I shouldn't have stepped in on this without being able to see it through past initial posts. But I have and will benefit from it greatly regardless in the time to come. think about it.. I knew I would look like an ass to many going in. There's gotta be a reason....

dn010
01-12-2017, 08:47 AM
I am just posting here so that this thread will go to tapatalk on my phone.

DeLorean937
01-12-2017, 09:07 AM
All politics aside, I just want to wish Tony and his team a big congratulations and best wishes to getting this off the ground. Also, to thank all vendors for there commitment and motivation to help keep the cars alive and going. Tony and his team has always been a great asset to the DeLorean world and has been a great person to me for over the 10 years I've known him.

Time for :cheers::cheers:

Morpheus
01-12-2017, 09:16 AM
think about it.. I knew I would look like an ass to many going in. There's gotta be a reason....

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

RammJaeger
01-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Just to weigh in here - I had an extensive restoration done to my D at GCMW. This included new interior, stage 2 engine upgrade, eibachs, transmission work, engine compartment restoration, etc. They did an amazing job with my car. I'm so used to being disappointed when I get a car back from a restoration shop. But GCMW really surprised me. My car was better than I expected, It just blew me away.

They were really communicative, and did the work they said they were going to do. Yes, they were not cheap, -and there were a few details that could have been done better. But overall the car turned out great. They are the only restoration shop I've ever used that I would use again or recommend to a friend.

Here is how my car turned out:

Michael
01-13-2017, 11:39 PM
NICE!!

I didn't realize there was a strap to hold the coil cover in place. I need one!

Also what's that module on the right firewall(against the metal build plate)?

sdg3205
01-14-2017, 02:53 AM
NICE!!

I didn't realize there was a strap to hold the coil cover in place. I need one!

Mine is held in place with vulgarity, dried blood and wishful thinking... i too could use that strap.

Iznodmad
01-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Mine is held in place with vulgarity, dried blood and wishful thinking... i too could use that strap.

That strap on the bulkhead cover is only present on very late build cars. Probably one of the very last changes the true and original DMC ever did before production ceased.

JETS 81 DMC
01-14-2017, 10:13 PM
Here it is $9.95 Part #108997

https://store.delorean.com/p-7138-strap-cover-ret.aspx

More info and how to get the coil cover attached.

http://dmctalk.org/archive/index.php/t-4760.html