PDA

View Full Version : General Does anyone know the torque settings for the brakes, and for the rest of the car?

DeLorean937
05-27-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm having trouble finding the torque settings for the reinstallation of my caliper's, does anyone know the torque settings for them? Is there a master sheet for the car anywhere?

DMCMW Dave
05-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Caliper torque is in the manual on page A:03:01 40 ft-lb. 55 Nm

Delorean Industries
05-27-2011, 10:53 AM
All of these specs are listed in the first few pages of the workshop manual.
rear caliper to hub carrier 40 lb. ft
front caliper to mounting bracket 55 lb. ft

The closest thing to a master sheet is the General data section and individual workshop manual sections also contain settings.

DeLorean937
05-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Awesome!! Thanks alot for the info. I don't have that section in my parts manual. I have a feeling that it was removed and never placed back.

-Robert

GS450-Junkie
09-13-2015, 05:42 PM
What about torque specs for the master cylinder mounted to the brake servo? And....the two brakes lines that screw into the master cylinder? I checked the manual but didn't see them. Did I miss those torque specs?

David T
09-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Brake lines have no specified torque. Same with the brake master to booster. Instead refer to generic torques for the appropriate thread size. The torque specs are for critical fasteners that are NOT generically torqued. An experienced tech will know when it is tight enough but not so tight as to damage things and not so loose as to be able to fall apart. Also the generic torques are for fasteners NOT subject to cyclic loading so it is not as critical.

PJ Grady Inc.
09-14-2015, 05:26 PM
What about torque specs for the master cylinder mounted to the brake servo? And....the two brakes lines that screw into the master cylinder? I checked the manual but didn't see them. Did I miss those torque specs?

The workshop manual (and my shop as well) don't use torque figures on these parts but I'd suggest about 24 to 28 Lb on the master and 8 to 10 Lb's on the brake lines if you want to torque them.
Rob