PDA

View Full Version : Dragoncon parade report!

nullset
09-03-2011, 11:12 AM
No major failures, but a few minor issues.

The parade was (mostly) a success!

Things I realized:
- After driving there, I realized I'd forgotten to put the front grille back in. So there's lots of pictures of it missing the front grille. Oh well…..
- I think there's a problem with the radiator cap. It's new, but I'm not 100% sure it's right. Does anyone know what radiator cap goes with the black bottle? My other car has the stainless overflow tank, and I thought the caps were the same, but at some point in the parade, it boiled over. I stopped the engine and the route was mostly downhill from there. I let it cool down, and it still had coolant. I filled it up with water and drove it back.

Now it's going to be parked for a while….. then worked on some more :)

Look for photos on flickr/etc soon.

--buddy

TTait
09-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Congratulations! Glad you had fun.

My first guess is that you may have have needed to bleed the coolant a bit more.

You have to bleed at the thermostat housing and the radiator (Toby sells kits to assist with those) as well as tun the run the heater for a bit.

The correct cab will be 15 lbs. If it fits correctly and holds pressure until the car reaches temp its probably working. I presume when it boiled over it vented from the radiator cap, so we know it opens.

Nicholas R
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Glad you made it through the parade! I heard you ended up pushing it at some point. They asked me what happened to your car but I had no idea.

My car made it through then I parked it in the Hilton garage, did the Doctor Who photo shoot, got back in the car and drove to Orlando! (rainy Orlando)

It was cool seeing you at the parade. Sorry to hear about the issues.