PDA

View Full Version : Tech Day Meetup

ccurzio
03-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Hey guys.

It's been a while since our last tech day. I just moved into a new house (yes yes I do that way too often), and I'm thinking of hosting one for Spring. How many of you might be down for something sometime in the beginning of May?

RamblinDMC
03-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Sounds good to me!

Khummelprops
03-09-2017, 05:30 PM
In what area would this be held? I'm a new Delorean owner and new to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangermouse
03-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Chris is in the suburbs of Atlanta, if you are in the area KP.

I want to see this new house and get some stuff notarized :)

mr_maxime
03-09-2017, 07:56 PM
im down and this time you guys cant send me away for having a painted car :p

Soundkillr
03-09-2017, 09:16 PM
im down and this time you guys cant send me away for having a painted car :p

But now I have a painted car!

RamblinDMC
03-10-2017, 12:25 AM
This could be 2203's first tech day. :)

mr_maxime
03-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Anyone for a pre tech day tech day? I'm in town (Acworth, GA) this week and I'm trying to replace my radiator fans and do the front end recall kit. I got the DPI kit and I have no instructions with it. Googling for instructions gave me pictures of my own car lol

DMC-81
03-11-2017, 09:02 AM
But now I have a painted car!

Oh man! You got the Viper GTS? Pics please!! :burnout:

DL4567
03-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Oh man! You got the Viper GTS? Pics please!! :burnout:

Hi Dana, I just put up a bunch of pics. Please see the new thread here in SEDOC.

DL4567
03-11-2017, 03:54 PM
(Sorry for the double post, too late to edit the one above)

Meant to add --- beginning of May sounds good Chris!

RamblinDMC
03-20-2017, 08:17 PM
The only weekend I'd be available is May 6th/7th. This is right after finals week at school and then later in the week I'll be moving out of state for a semester for work in Michigan. The major things I could use help with on my car are replacing the front springs and replacing a torn CV joint boot. Has a date been set yet?

Thanks!

ccurzio
03-28-2017, 11:46 AM
No date yet, just threw this thread out there to gauge interest.

I can tentatively plan for the weekend of the 6th. My place is located in East Cobb, Marietta.

ccurzio
04-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Ok guys, I'm 95% sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on May 7. I'll be up in Knoxville Thursday and Friday, likely returning on Saturday so it'll have to be that Sunday. So to start putting this together I need some information. Specifically:

- Who's coming?
- How many of you are bringing your DMCs?
- Of those bringing DMCs, what work needs doing?

I will happily provide beverages and lunch (as I am wont to do), just give me an idea of what you guys would like. I can do like last time and fire up the grill, or I can do the SEDOC standby of ordering pizza. Either way is fine by me.

My car has two issues that need attention. First, the brakes are kind of boned. I'll probably want to replace the brake lines with the SS versions. Second, I really want someone to help me track down that damn whirring noise my engine is making.

DL4567
04-09-2017, 08:23 PM
I see on facebook (LifeInvader) that a couple people already can't make it on that date, so not sure if you'll end up changing it. But for what it's worth, either Saturday the 6th or Sunday the 7th should be ok for me. Probably would come in a different car, so no DMC work to put on the books.

RamblinDMC
04-09-2017, 08:30 PM
I should be able to go.

I was able to install my front springs myself, however I still need to replace my torn CV joint boot. Also need to replace the door to t-panel seals.

delorean16438
04-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Hello. Im interested in attending!!! Vin#16438. I have a vacum leak on my air selector and I need recharging of r34a.

We reposted this in our DMCGA page in Facebook. Maybe we get some others interested.

Thx

Hey guys.

It's been a while since our last tech day. I just moved into a new house (yes yes I do that way too often), and I'm thinking of hosting one for Spring. How many of you might be down for something sometime in the beginning of May?

mr_maxime
04-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Ill be showing up with my DMC. I need to change out my crossover pipe, but dont think that's feasible on a Sunday. I have to drive back Alabama cutting my time short.

@RamblinDMC: Im going to try to actually test out my shift plate design so that if it fits, you can cut out the real one and just bring it to the meetup.

RamblinDMC
04-12-2017, 01:20 AM
@mrmaxime
Sounds good! Just send me the CAD file and ship me materials and I can take care of it!

MB2241
04-14-2017, 12:01 AM
I am going to try and make it. This would be my first. Would bring my car and maybe replace the thermo-time switch. The plastic on the wiring plug is broken and allows the plug to go on either way. So want to be sure I am plugging the new one up correctly so will not burn it up.

Mark

nullset
04-14-2017, 10:24 AM
I can't make that day. I'll be at Euphoria.

Till next time......

rtcraver
04-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Hey guys.

I would like to attend also. Please post address for the meet... Thanks,

ccurzio
04-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 10A until whenever

Definites:
- DL4567
- RamblinDMC
- delorean16438
- mr_maxime
- rtcraver

Maybes:
- MB2241

Buddy's out due to Euphoria and Jai can't make it either. Haven't heard back from Sean. If someone could ping the others locally (Mike, Ron, etc.) it'd be appreciated. Soundkillr, you in?

Address will be private-messaged to the attendees before the event.

Holley'dDMC
04-17-2017, 07:09 PM
I should be able to make it . If its alright, could my buddy come too with his Alfa Spider?

Ezra 4608

Soundkillr
04-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Not sure I'll be able to make it, let me see if I can work it out....

ccurzio
04-18-2017, 07:46 AM
I should be able to make it . If its alright, could my buddy come too with his Alfa Spider?

Sure.

Holley'dDMC
04-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Is there a time and address for it?

ccurzio
04-20-2017, 08:22 AM
Is there a time and address for it?

Four comments up.

Date: Sunday, May 7
Time: 10A until whenever

Address will be private-messaged to the attendees before the event.

delorean16438
05-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Hello. 16438 needs the air selector fixed. I put the new rubber print but I think it's not done right as it's stuck on the vent that blows air to the floor and I hear air leak sound. Also I need to track why I get such low voltage when the air is on and see if there is a leak or what with my air on cuz I can't hold charge of r134a.

Ok guys, I'm 95% sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on May 7. I'll be up in Knoxville Thursday and Friday, likely returning on Saturday so it'll have to be that Sunday. So to start putting this together I need some information. Specifically:

- Who's coming?
- How many of you are bringing your DMCs?
- Of those bringing DMCs, what work needs doing?

I will happily provide beverages and lunch (as I am wont to do), just give me an idea of what you guys would like. I can do like last time and fire up the grill, or I can do the SEDOC standby of ordering pizza. Either way is fine by me.

My car has two issues that need attention. First, the brakes are kind of boned. I'll probably want to replace the brake lines with the SS versions. Second, I really want someone to help me track down that damn whirring noise my engine is making.

RammJaeger
05-02-2017, 09:35 AM
I'd love to be there, an actual SEDOC meetup. I thought those were the thing of legend 😀 But 10 AM on a Sunday is pretty tough for anyone that goes to church. Any chance we could start a little later? How late do you think it will go?

I've got some electrical gremlins I'd like to track down.

Holley'dDMC
05-03-2017, 05:09 PM
I would love to get my passenger door to close flush and possibly get my front turn signal working again. I also need a black leather shifter boot, if anybody has one they'd sell.

delorean16438
05-04-2017, 06:55 AM
Hello. I'm sure we will be there for a bit so come later. Unless you want to skip church for this day. I'm sure God will forgive you. ☺️

I'd love to be there, an actual SEDOC meetup. I thought those were the thing of legend 😀 But 10 AM on a Sunday is pretty tough for anyone that goes to church. Any chance we could start a little later? How late do you think it will go?

I've got some electrical gremlins I'd like to track down.

ccurzio
05-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Ok, I'm going out of town for the day tomorrow so I wanted to put together one final tally of who's coming and who's bringing what:

Definites:
- DL4567 (no DMC)
- RamblinDMC
- delorean16438
- mr_maxime
- rtcraver

Maybe:
- MB2241
- Holley'dDMC (+1)
- Nullset (told you I'd throw you on this list)
- RammJaeger

Anyone able to get in touch with Ron or Mike to see if they'd like to come?

But 10 AM on a Sunday is pretty tough for anyone that goes to church. Any chance we could start a little later? How late do you think it will go?

It's honestly the best balance I could manage with people's schedules. They typically run for a few hours, so I'm guessing that if it starts at 10 and we do lunch at noon people will probably start filing out around 2 or so. Possibly later depending on the work that needs doing.

Like 16438 said though, the Lord is the forgiving type. Romans 14:6-7 says that abstaining is all good as long as you give thanks, and both Psalm 139:7-10 and Jeremiah 23:24 make it super clear that God is everywhere anyway, so He will also be attending the tech day. :)

Dangermouse
05-04-2017, 08:53 AM
add me to the "maybe" column, but sans D.

I'll email this thread to Ron and a couple of Mike's as I'm not sure which one you mean.

ccurzio
05-04-2017, 09:17 AM
add me to the "maybe" column, but sans D.

Definites:
- DL4567 (no DMC)
- RamblinDMC
- delorean16438
- mr_maxime
- rtcraver

Maybe:
- MB2241
- Holley'dDMC (+1)
- Nullset (told you I'd throw you on this list)
- RammJaeger
- Dangermouse (no DMC)
- Doug (but probably not)
- Soundkillr

I'll email this thread to Ron and a couple of Mike's as I'm not sure which one you mean.

Sullivan.

ccurzio
05-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Everyone on the above list should have received a private message with my address.

Lunch has a few options. I can fire up the grill and make stuff, or we can order pizza or something. Pizza would be the better option so I'm not stuck cooking.

mr_maxime
05-04-2017, 06:20 PM
I already PMed my food vote before I saw this, so it wasnt really a vote lol. However, my real vote would be on wing cafe. Im fine with pizza though.

I also need a black leather shifter boot, if anybody has one they'd sell.

If you can wait a bit, I'm working on a gated shifter design. I'm still waiting on my coworker to cut the prototype out of wood, then another one is actually going to laser cut it. I could probably make an extra. I'm not sure that ill be able to actually do any machining on it and use countersunk screws like I want, so I plan on it being attached with 3M doublesided tape.

It won't be as fancy as the DMOCO one, but it'll work for my car without any shift linkage adjustments lol

davidrucker11387
05-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Too late to toss in my attendance? I should be able to make it, no DeLorean though still working on my Auto -> Manual conversion. Ill sift through the thread and peak and see what parts people need I have a descent selection of extras. I bought a wrecked 2nd D to get the transmission and all parts for the conversion. I have sold a lot but still have plenty.

Thanks,
David R. 6410 (DeLoDave)

Mike S
05-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Chris,

I'll attend the event. See you on Sunday.

Mike S.

davidrucker11387
05-06-2017, 12:11 PM
I see some people that need some AC work, I can bring my gauges I have a crap'tastic air compressor powered vaccum pump that mostly does the trick but if anyone has a vac pump I will bring my gauges. They are r134a but I have some r12 adapters somewhere that I can bring if need be. I dont have a lot of speciality tools but does anyone need anything that I might have and if I do I will be glad to bring.

Also, is there anyone coming from the North Ga/Chattanooga areas besides me? Be happy to work out a car pool of some kind for tomorrow.

Thanks,
David R. 6410 (DeLoDave)

ccurzio
05-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Everyone should absolutely bring some tools, especially the specialized stuff. I have a lot of tools but A) I'm still trying to get the garage organized so a lot of stuff is MIA, and B) I definitely don't have anything resembling a full diagnostic shop.

MB2241
05-07-2017, 04:46 PM
A big THANKS to Chris for hosting a fun and informative Tech Day! It was great to meet you all. A special big thanks to Doug, David, Mike and Todd for getting my clutch linkage repaired and my D back to moving out of 1st gear! What a time to have a car problem!! The local DeLorean community is strong. Look forward to another Tech Day down the road.

Mark

mr_maxime
05-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Nice to see everyone again.

For those who asked about my door light lenses. I got them from this guy http://www.az-d.org/lenses.html

They also sell the license plate clips http://www.az-d.org/clips.html

ccurzio
05-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Thank you to everyone for coming. We had a great turnout!

RamblinDMC
05-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Thanks again Chris!

If anyone took pictures please post them!

delorean16438
05-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Thanks Chris for a great Tech day. And thanks to all of you that help with my car. I learned much. Really looking forward to another tech day.