PDA

View Full Version : Hemmings Sport & Exotic Car Closure

OverlandMan
03-21-2017, 08:06 AM
Yesterday I received my new and now last issue of HSEC (issue #141). In the magazine bag was a one-page letter to subscribers informing us this magazine is no more and our remaining subscription will be converted to Hemmings Classic Car or we can call for a refund.

I know at least a few members here were readers/subscribers. One or more folks had their cars in this magazine over the years (12 year run). I gotta say, I'm really bummed about this. This magazine was something I really had enjoyed since I started subscribing several years back.

Anyone else see this news?

Michael
03-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Print is a dying medium. Just the other day the local paper was offering free 2 week subscriptions and people were like "why would I?"

jmpdmc
03-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Yes, saw it too. I enjoyed the foreign car focus they had that the replacement magazine does not.

Jeff

OverlandMan
03-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Print is a dying medium. Just the other day the local paper was offering free 2 week subscriptions and people were like "why would I?"

I get that but I would rather not subscribe versus paying for a digital copy of something. I prefer print for magazines.

Now news on the other hand is entirely different in my opinion.

OverlandMan
03-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes, saw it too. I enjoyed the foreign car focus they had that the replacement magazine does not.
Jeff

Exactly. I'm not really into Cameros, Mustangs, Vettes, and tri-5 Chevys so the replacement probably won't do much for me.

AugustneverEnds
03-21-2017, 04:12 PM
This probably was inevitable but I am hugely disappointed Hemming Sports & Exotic is joining print's casualty list. It's the only magazine I subscribe to and the only one I have kept each issue. Really enjoyed each and every page, learned some facts and useful shop tips and even my three year old nephew likes to look at the photography.