PDA

View Full Version : VR3 VRPS100 Bumper Guard Back-Up Alarm Parking Sensor (ebay)

TTait
09-05-2011, 03:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130549397082+&viewitem=

"VR3 Bumper Guard Parking Sensor provides extra safety while backing up. This sensor can be installed in minutes. The electromagnetic sensor mounts inside any non-metal bumper without removing it.

It indicates object distance by emitting different beeping frequencies. This sensor detects objects at three feet or less. It comes with a 30-day limited warranty against flaws in the product. "

Cheap - shipped fast. Easy to install, and it seems to work fine.

To install I removed both tail light assemblies. I Installed metallic tape inside the rear fascia below the tail light lenses, all the way across.

I have an access hole from behind the left tail light into the antenna area of the left pontoon. I opened up the pontoon and installed a matchbox sized driver box.

Removed the Rear Trim panel and put the speaker in with the ECUs, (have not permanently mounted it yet - passed wires through into the left pontoon, plugged it into the control box.

Tapped power and ground off the left tail light.

Put the car in reverse and turned the key to run. It sensed my leg at about 24", and began beeping. At about 8" the alarm sounds constantly.

I have not driven the car yer as its down for multiple service items, but it seems like a good add. $10 and one hour. I'll install the second one on the other car in the near future.

sean
09-05-2011, 07:10 AM
So is the device constantly working or only in reverse? You said you tapped into the tail light for power and ground, I suppose you did this on the reverse light? Any pics of your install.

TTait
09-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Its hard to get any meaningful pics, but I'll try when installing the second one.

Yes, its tapped into the back up light, so it only comes on when you are in reverse.

Ozzie
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Good find.
I guess with this installation, there really is nothing on the exterior to show that it's there, which is kinda cool, considering that it adds a modern feature to our cars.
Like it.

Morpheus
09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
My Camaro has this feature, which is quite handy considering the lack of good rear visibility... A trait that it shares with the D.

TTait
09-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Seems to work fine so far. It gives one beep about a second after putting the car in reverse to let you know its active. As there is a delay there, I can't see it turning into a constant annoyance in a automatic as the selector passes thru reverse.

For $10, how can you complain?