PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Virginia Beach, VA!

Riley88
04-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Hey all. Moved to VA from Virginia for my new job. Im in VA beach. My car is still being worked on an DMC NW but will be shipping it here when the work is complete. How many local owners do we have in the VA /norfolk area? Meet ups?Tech Days? thanks!

91 zeee
06-05-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm in Richmond. We should keep in touch.

Riley88
06-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Sure. When my car is finished being worked on I will get in contact. Still is currently being fixed at DMCNW!

rickjames8
06-06-2017, 12:44 AM
There are quite a few of us in Northern Virginia. Not super close, but doable in a day. There are several cars-n-coffees we try to meet up at.

Alpharaider47
01-22-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm also a recent transplant to the Norfolk/Newport News area and would be interested in meeting some owners if my schedule permits. I do not own a delorean, but I would very much like to, and I would love the opportunity to meet some folks in person and learn more about the car from the owners.

Jim D
01-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Hi, I’m in Deltaville Va, a little over a hours drive from you. I have several cars I am restoring and you as well as others in the area are welcome to visit.
Jim

steve
01-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Hello Jim, Happy New Year. I'll meet at Jim's anytime.

Steve (Tappahannnock)

Jim D
01-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Happy new year back! Im replacing a dash and binnacle now.

Riley88
04-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Jim, my car should finally be done and on her way here in less than a month. If we get some people maybe we can do a meet up or have a nova tech day somewhere. I'd love to meet other local owners as I've been here a year now and haven't even met one yet lol

CFI
09-26-2018, 07:41 AM
I live in VA Beach and recently bought a DeLorean. My work schedule is crazy but I’d like to meet up with other local owners at some point.

Riley88
09-27-2018, 10:29 AM
I live in VA Beach and recently bought a DeLorean. My work schedule is crazy but I’d like to meet up with other local owners at some point.
Shoot me a pm. My car is still in Washington state due to my work schedule and Everytime it's done being worked on I have to travel so I have toby do something else lol. Surprised the man hasn't killed me yet but I have another car project now. But I'd love to come check out your car, and help with work or suggest any solid upgrades!

CFI
09-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Shoot me a pm. My car is still in Washington state due to my work schedule and Everytime it's done being worked on I have to travel so I have toby do something else lol. Surprised the man hasn't killed me yet but I have another car project now. But I'd love to come check out your car, and help with work or suggest any solid upgrades!

Cool. The car has quite a few upgrades already. Stage II, performance suspension, Bosch relays, etc. I’ve been driving it around the last 3 days having a blast. It draws LOTS of attention!

John P
10-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Hello All! I am looking for other owners in the Virginia Beach. I have had mine, #905, for the last 4 years and just saw my first DeLorean in the Wild Friday. I have lived her for 27 years. I believed the plate was "FLUX ON". I would like to meet other owners here, I am going to have more time to enjoy my hobby.

CFI
10-14-2018, 05:17 AM
Hello All! I am looking for other owners in the Virginia Beach. I have had mine, #905, for the last 4 years and just saw my first DeLorean in the Wild Friday. I have lived her for 27 years. I believed the plate was "FLUX ON". I would like to meet other owners here, I am going to have more time to enjoy my hobby.

Lol, FLUX ON is me. My son and I were enjoying a nice day at the park. My car just went into the shop to have the AC looked at but I might be able to get together next weekend.

CFI
10-26-2018, 11:26 AM
I might be able to do a little get together Sunday morning if anyone is interested. Maybe Lynhaven Coffee on Shore Drive? My car is getting a new starter installed so it all depends on when it’s finished. Otherwise I could do something on the 10th.

CFI
11-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Kinda quiet on here. Well if anyone is interested I’m bringing the DeLorean to the Miltary Aviation museum this Sunday for their 100 year anniversary of the end of WWI.

https://militaryaviationmuseum.org/events/summer-of-flight/

Riley88
11-10-2018, 12:28 AM
Been on travel out of state on and off sorry i havent reached out to you. its been a busy few months for me!

CFI
11-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Been on travel out of state on and off sorry i havent reached out to you. its been a busy few months for me!

No problem, my schedule has been wacky too. Took the car out for a 50 mile drive today. Stopped at the park to meet someone and ended up in a one man car show. Quite a few people stopped by for pictures or to chat. Very cool.

Jonathan
11-11-2018, 08:53 AM
I might be able to do a little get together Sunday morning if anyone is interested. Maybe Lynhaven Coffee on Shore Drive? My car is getting a new starter installed so it all depends on when it’s finished. Otherwise I could do something on the 10th.

Kinda quiet on here. Well if anyone is interested I’m bringing the DeLorean to the Miltary Aviation museum this Sunday for their 100 year anniversary of the end of WWI.

https://militaryaviationmuseum.org/events/summer-of-flight/

Wow, Lynhaven. Hadn't thought of that in a while.

I used to work for a water business and would come into Norfolk from time to time (Ecolochem headquarters there). I remember being in the parking lot of the Lynhaven Mall just looking up and marvelling at all the Navy jets overhead. I think I hung-out in that parking lot for an hour or two watching that. And listening. Nothing quite like that jet noise. Used to see people with bumper stickers on their cars saying I LOVE JET NOISE. Awesome.

Big Remembrance Day anniversary today. Have a good day with your car :)

CFI
11-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Big Remembrance Day anniversary today. Have a good day with your car :)

Thanks. Had a great time at the museum, and it was a beautiful day for a drive. I’ve put over 100 miles on the car in the last 48 hours.

Riley88
05-09-2019, 11:49 AM

Let me know when you are free, and maybe we can do meet and greet with cfi here as well. We have had a few car meet ups with the two of us and it's been great. Want to get more get togethers for us in the Virginia Beach area