PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Industries ditches K jet effective January 2018

Delorean Industries
08-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Full update below on the end of K Jet at Delorean Industries.

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/d-tech-blog/the-end-of-bosch-kjet-service-at-delorean-industries/

Nicholas R
08-23-2017, 09:44 AM
I understand this move from a reliability and performance standpoint, but doesn't this limit you from the concours and originality market? I was under the impression that high end concourse owners were a large part of your base. Regardless, a move like this can certainly help further bring EFI even further into the mainstream, for which I am all for. Hopefully this fuels even more innovation through the community!

Delorean Industries
08-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Nick- Unfortunately we have decided to go the take it or leave it approach. Customers demand modern reliability out of a nearly 40 year old fueling system design flawed from the get go. You can't have your cake and eat it too as they say. Our customers demand modernized cars that are truly reliable. This isn't possible with K jet no matter what others say.

Christian Dietrich
08-23-2017, 10:53 AM
EFI is something i have thought about doing in the future. My K-Jet runs like a top and tuned just right but i know K-Jet parts can be expensive. Hell its about $500 for a fuel distributor. Frequency valves are hard to come by and then theres the i hope i got the fuel lines tight so i dont spray fuel on a hot engine and set it a blaze. Im down with EFI. Even though I'm technologically stupid I know I could still figure it out lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

SamHill
08-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Good move. I, for one, welcome our new fuel delivery overlords.

Citizen
08-23-2017, 12:12 PM
EFI is something i have thought about doing in the future. My K-Jet runs like a top and tuned just right but i know K-Jet parts can be expensive.

I too have thought about EFI for the future, and I'm sure this announcement will help put the pressure on me to move ahead. But right now my K-Jet system is also working fine, and I have heard stories of dissatisfied customers of MegaSquirt systems not being able to be tuned right. So at this time I'm not going to do anything.

Thomas

opethmike
08-23-2017, 01:27 PM
I too have thought about EFI for the future, and I'm sure this announcement will help put the pressure on me to move ahead. But right now my K-Jet system is also working fine, and I have heard stories of dissatisfied customers of MegaSquirt systems not being able to be tuned right. So at this time I'm not going to do anything.

Thomas

Megasquirt is super easy to tune correctly. If a Megasquirt system isn't running right, it isn't because of Megasquirt, but because it isn't tuned correctly. This can (and does) happen with any brand of ECU.

I've been running Megasquirt for five years now, and I am very satisfied.

Citizen
08-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Megasquirt is super easy to tune correctly. If a Megasquirt system isn't running right, it isn't because of Megasquirt, but because it isn't tuned correctly. This can (and does) happen with any brand of ECU.

I've been running Megasquirt for five years now, and I am very satisfied.

I stand corrected. I won't rule out MS when it comes my time to go EFI. Thanks for that input.

Thomas

Andrew
08-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Are any of the vendors offering carb conversions yet?

On an aside, Andrew's Garage has limited itself to only supporting dual Solex systems. If I ever get into this professionally, I have limited my customer base to about 4 cars that I know of...two of which I already own :-)

Christian Dietrich
08-23-2017, 07:56 PM
I stand corrected. I won't rule out MS when it comes my time to go EFI. Thanks for that input.

Thomas

...Dont trust this guy.... He is a troll! JK I have known this guy for a long time now and I can assure you he has not have any problems with his megasquirt system and his 81 DeLorean plus he has ported heads and different cams and his car runs really strong.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Lwanmtr
08-23-2017, 08:07 PM
EFI is something I may do in the fututre (a ways down the road)...but its one of those things I'd have no idea where to start things..hehe

opethmike
08-23-2017, 09:21 PM
EFI is something I may do in the fututre (a ways down the road)...but its one of those things I'd have no idea where to start things..hehe

Let me when you get serious, I can walk you through it. I also have an older PDF write-up of how I did my conversion somewhere on this forum.

Lwanmtr
08-24-2017, 12:13 AM
Lol..thats a long way off...I still have alot to do just to get the car on the road

sdg3205
08-24-2017, 01:29 AM
Josh, are you going to liquidate your k-jet inventory?

Delorean Industries
08-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Yes our remaining stock will be liquidated.

MikeWard
08-28-2017, 07:34 AM
Full update below on the end of K Jet at Delorean Industries.

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/d-tech-blog/the-end-of-bosch-kjet-service-at-delorean-industries/

Delorean Industries
08-28-2017, 10:42 AM
That made me laugh Mike. I can see how you would view it as this from the outside looking in. Unfortunately we have a stronger pulse on the situation than owners in general.

Iznodmad
08-28-2017, 07:46 PM
I'd say this is a company that knows the market they serve. The are a ton of vendors for this car considering the numbers involved and they all do the same thing.....except one. Innovators for any business see things happening before they actually happen and can anticipate a market paradigm shift. The DeLorean community was once a very stagnant place with very little change. I'm glad this company came along and started offering things that have never been offered before.

Michael
08-28-2017, 08:14 PM
I'd say this is a company that knows the market they serve. The are a ton of vendors for this car considering the numbers involved and they all do the same thing.....except one. Innovators for any business see things happening before they actually happen and can anticipate a market paradigm shift. The DeLorean community was once a very stagnant place with very little change. I'm glad this company came along and started offering things that have never been offered before.

https://media.tenor.co/images/0f0fd7556354893b79a1bf48e0d41a1d/tenor.gif

Not saying I disagree, it was too funny not to hit :rofl:

Nuclearbacon
08-28-2017, 11:39 PM
If there is a K-jet liquidation page put up by DPI I'd love to check it out.