PDA

View Full Version : New pics of VIN 20105, the 24k gold Delorean

Chris Burns
11-16-2017, 09:12 AM
These were provided to me by my FB friend Micke (Swedish for Mike) the filmmaker of the upcoming documentary The Golden Wings.

He filmed 3 gold plated Deloreans and interviewed the owners. Should be a good film!!

BladeBronson
11-16-2017, 02:13 PM
The rack of shovels is giving me a heart attack.

Delta DeLorean
11-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Is that a gold plated torsion bar in picture 4? I think normal torsion bars are expensive, wonder how much this one would set you back!

louielouie2000
11-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Is that a gold plated torsion bar in picture 4? I think normal torsion bars are expensive, wonder how much this one would set you back!

I noticed that as well! Surprising how the gold plating hasn't cracked & flaked from the bars being twisted through use.

Those carpets are interesting as well. They appear to be a dark charcoal grey- the other saddle interior gold DeLorean had matching tan carpet. The carpet section covering the vertical part of the bulkhead behind the seats looks like a sloppy last minute solution- it isn't simply an original carpet section dyed a darker shade. I do love how vinyl edging of the carpet sections along the door sills is saddle colored, though. Little details like that make me so happy. :thumbup:

It's great to see an update on this car. I've been wondering about it since the recent article on the gold cars! http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/delorean/dmc-12/5765/gold-plated-amex-delorean-gold-rush

JRNY13
11-16-2017, 09:26 PM
I noticed that as well! Surprising how the gold plating hasn't cracked & flaked from the bars being twisted through use.

Those carpets are interesting as well. They appear to be a dark charcoal grey- the other saddle interior gold DeLorean had matching tan carpet. The carpet section covering the vertical part of the bulkhead behind the seats looks like a sloppy last minute solution- it isn't simply an original carpet section dyed a darker shade. I do love how vinyl edging of the carpet sections along the door sills is saddle colored, though. Little details like that make me so happy. :thumbup:

It's great to see an update on this car. I've been wondering about it since the recent article on the gold cars! http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/delorean/dmc-12/5765/gold-plated-amex-delorean-gold-rush

Great to see some high-quality photos of the gold car. I've never seen it look so good.

Domi
11-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Thank you for sharing :)

Jonathan
06-24-2019, 08:33 PM
More pics here (https://www.instagram.com/p/BzG0FDklNjM/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet) posted today on someone's Instagram account. Pretty friggin' sweet. And the $125k price tag window sticker to go with it.

Chris Burns
06-25-2019, 01:00 AM
The Tri State Delorean Club posted some great pics of the gold Delorean as well.

Ryan King
06-25-2019, 01:49 AM
I *really* wish that saddle brown interior had made it into full production.

David T
06-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Just a reminder, a couple were plated by owners (2 I think) for a grand total of 5. DMC built two for AMEX and assembled the last production car out of parts (has the bad door).

Mark D
06-25-2019, 01:09 PM
I *really* wish that saddle brown interior had made it into full production.

Me too.

I thought it was an interesting choice that they also created a brown steering wheel instead of using the standard black wheel. I think I remember seeing some photos of a prototype gray steering wheel that they were considering for the gray interior, but ultimately chose black instead. Or maybe that was the prototype light blue interior? I can't remember now.

Either way, I think the black steering wheel would help break up the monotone look where EVERYTHING is brown. Pair the black wheel with some black carpets and I think it would be just about perfect.

Pizza Joe
06-25-2019, 03:42 PM
Any idea what this thing is worth in today's money?

David T
06-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Probably between $125K and $150K. They were $100K new.

DavidProehl
02-06-2022, 01:54 AM
Has anyone heard an update on when the documentary these pictures were taken for will be released? This trailer from 2019 was the last I heard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ubpQm1rkM

john 05141
02-06-2022, 03:39 PM
Interested to see this as well