PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Help replacing head gasket (paid)

nullset
11-26-2017, 04:38 PM
It's time for a head gasket job on 2072. I'm not comfortable doing it myself, without someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm willing to pay for someone's time or eyes on this, as I _really_ don't want to screw it up.

I can take the car to a location of your choice - my driveway is probably not ideal, but it could work as long as the HOA doesn't get too nosy. I do have most tools you'd need. As a condo owner, i probably shouldn't have an air compressor, but ce la vie!

PM me or post here if you're willing and able to help, and/or can recommend someone.

I have a head gasket kit and already remanufactured cylinder heads on hand from DPI.

Thanks!

vwdmc16
11-26-2017, 04:57 PM
You probably want to put your location.

nullset
11-26-2017, 05:06 PM
You probably want to put your location.

Atlanta. (Hence posting in SEDOC.....).

sdg3205
11-27-2017, 02:29 AM
You can do it!

I've done a few engines now from motorcycles to cars including my Jeep's PowerTech 4.7 v8 with 3 timing chains. If you are well researched and take your time, get the right tools and keep in touch with people you can totally tackle it yourself.

nullset
11-27-2017, 09:38 AM
You can do it!

I've done a few engines now from motorcycles to cars including my Jeep's PowerTech 4.7 v8 with 3 timing chains. If you are well researched and take your time, get the right tools and keep in touch with people you can totally tackle it yourself.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I've never done a head gasket job on any vehicle. While I probably _could_ get it done, chances are it would either take me several weeks to months, or that I would mess something up and end up having to redo it due to my inexperience.

That's why I'm looking for help, and willing to pay someone for it.

nullset
12-11-2017, 04:48 PM
I'm still looking for someone to help me with this job. It can be at my place, or I can take the car to you.

PM me if you're interested or available.

Ron
12-12-2017, 08:58 PM
PM sent...