PDA

View Full Version : New Florida resident

Farrar
12-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Hello! I just moved to Plantation, FL. Looking forward to meeting the DCF crowd! Is there an e-mail list/web-calendar to sign up for? Whom do I contact?

Thanks,
Farrar Hudkins & #2613

dn010
12-30-2017, 08:25 PM
The DCF club page is posted below. Seems a lot of the events are based in the Orlando or surrounding areas. Plantation, like where I am, is a bit of a hike from events.

http://www.deloreanclubfl.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMC-81
12-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Welcome to Florida Farrar!

The main DCF contact is Brandon Shelton. You can email him with the contact information on the DCF website or you can perhaps call DMCFL.

Cheers,

DeLorean937
12-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Welcome to Florida! Looking forward on meeting up at the next show, which I think, would be Celebration Exotic Car Festival!

Morpheus
12-31-2017, 09:11 AM
Welcome to Florida, Farrar!

Our next big show is going to be in April at Celebration, FL which is in the Orlando area. We need a few coordinators in other parts of the state so that we can do more!

Mike C.
01-01-2018, 09:41 AM
I used to live in Plantation. There are a few owners right near you. Dan Harris is a little east of you, in Margate, and Ozzie is in West Sunrise. Where in Plantation did you move to?

Farrar
01-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Brandon, I will probably stop by DMC FL on my way down after visiting family in Jacksonville.

Where in Plantation did you move to?

In the neighborhood of Cleary, University, American Express Way, etc.

aiki99
01-20-2018, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Brandon, I will probably stop by DMC FL on my way down after visiting family in Jacksonville.

In the neighborhood of Cleary, University, American Express Way, etc.

Welcome to Plantation Farrar !!! I am in Tamarac off of Pine Island and Mcnab..

Farrar
01-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Welcome to Plantation Farrar !!! I am in Tamarac off of Pine Island and Mcnab..

Thanks, Aiki! Nice to see another owner so close! Maybe we could meet up at a Cars & Coffee or other such event in the area.

Farrar
04-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Well, it's finally home. However, I did boil the coolant on the way here. Going to have to get that sorted before I attend any DMC FL events.

DMC-81
04-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Well, it's finally home. However, I did boil the coolant on the way here. Going to have to get that sorted before I attend any DMC FL events.

Glad that you/it arrived safely. A quick check for the coolant is the otterstat connections.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

Cheers,

Farrar
04-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Glad that you/it arrived safely. A quick check for the coolant is the otterstat connections.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car.

Cheers,

Otterstat is fine, radiator fans are fine. More than likely gunk in the coolant (took less than 300 miles to turn brown: cylinder liners shedding their corrosion after years of disuse) stuck the thermostat and/or clogged the radiator. I'm going to do as many system flushes as it takes for the coolant to stay green, and a new thermostat and radiator cap are on their way here for when that's done.

Thanks! :)

DMC-81
04-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Otterstat is fine, radiator fans are fine. More than likely gunk in the coolant (took less than 300 miles to turn brown: cylinder liners shedding their corrosion after years of disuse) stuck the thermostat and/or clogged the radiator. I'm going to do as many system flushes as it takes for the coolant to stay green, and a new thermostat and radiator cap are on their way here for when that's done.

Oh, I see. Good luck.

Farrar
04-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Oh, I see. Good luck.

Nicholas R
04-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Glad to have you and your car here! Sounds like your open items are pretty manageable and overall your car is ready for some serious mileage!! :thumbup:

Farrar
04-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Glad to have you and your car here! Sounds like your open items are pretty manageable and overall your car is ready for some serious mileage!! :thumbup:

Thanks, Nicholas! Yes, I will be ready to put some miles on this car very soon. But before I do too much driving, I need to get a new transmission controller from DMC-FL. The current controller is temporarily bypassed and I can shift by throwing toggle switches - not exactly a long-term solution, but it got me home. :)