PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Antonio
04-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been a long time fan of the car and finally aquired one of my own. Vin 01395 is now mine.

Being new here I hope the opportunity comes along to meet with fellow owners in the San Francisco Bay area.

Thanks!

Col Bennett
04-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been a long time fan of the car and finally aquired one of my own. Vin 01395 is now mine.

Being new here I hope the opportunity comes along to meet with fellow owners in the San Francisco Bay area.

Thanks!

Hi Antonio

Fantastic. Huge congrats on 01395. I know the feeling. I acquired mine almost two years ago. Ownership is an amazing adventure.

We have a lovely bunch of owners in the bay area and we'd love to meet you.

A lot of us are active on the NorCal DeLorean Facebook page. Be sure to introduce yourself:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorCal.DMC

And also sign-up for the Yahoo group mailing list here:
http://www.ncdmc.org

Thanks!
Col

DMC-81
04-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Welcome to ownership and the forum Antonio. Ownership is an amazing experience....congrats!

I'm sure the other owners in the area and on this forum will be supportive in your journey. There is one thing in my opinion to check/address right away based on your VIN and the DOD list that indicates the car is a manual. I encourage you to read the last post in this thread, and more as necessary.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14544-5-Speed-gearbox-flaw-repair

Other than that, enjoy the ride!

Cheers,

jawn101
04-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the area! We do have a very active local group and I hope you'll participate in some of the cool events throughout the year.

How about some pics of that new ride?

blueshark66
04-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a DeLorean! I've had mine for almost two years and it still makes me smile every time I walk into the garage. Get ready for a lot of attention when you take it out! :)

Rich
04-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Hi and welcome, Antonio. Very happy to hear you're interested in getting together with other local owners - it's a great group in NorCal.

We'll look forward to seeing you and 1935 soon, I hope.

The most recent tech days were a couple of months ago but let us know if there are any urgent needs from your side.

-Rich

Michael
04-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Welcome!!!

9 years+ here. Even after all that time, I still look forward to the coming driving season with my wife at my side, a full tank of gas and no agenda.

Antonio
04-19-2018, 12:00 AM
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! I'm slowing getting familiar with the car and will speak up when I need assistance or advice.

Here are a few pictures of 1395.

I'll post more photos overtime. As you can see I had to drive the car to the DMV for an inspection to complete the registration. A part of me thinks they just wanted to see the car.

BladeBronson
04-19-2018, 11:28 AM
When I took mine to the Oakland Coliseum DMV for inspection, the inspector was a really rude old guy. He ordered me to open the hood. I asked if he wanted to see the engine. He glared at me and said, "Open. The. Hood." I opened the hood and watched it sink in before asking again, "Do you want to see the engine?"

Hope to meet up soon.

burch
04-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Welcome, Antonio! Congrats on the purchase!

mark w
04-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Welcome. Follow NorcalDMC facebook for our events updates and gtg's like cars and coffee.

Antonio
04-19-2018, 11:13 PM
When I took mine to the Oakland Coliseum DMV for inspection, the inspector was a really rude old guy. He ordered me to open the hood. I asked if he wanted to see the engine. He glared at me and said, "Open. The. Hood." I opened the hood and watched it sink in before asking again, "Do you want to see the engine?"

Hope to meet up soon.

Ha. Even though I'm closer to the Oakland Coliseum DMV I went to the Hayward one for whatever reason. My experience there sounds like it was the opposite. Everyone loved the car and the inspection took way longer than it should have because they kept asking so many questions.