PDA

View Full Version : Motor cuts after engaging the clutch

Philipp
06-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Hi folks,

I was going thorugh older posts but not sure if I got the right information out of it. Therefore I take the liberty to 'present' my case in a new thread:

Idle speed was and is an issue with my DeLorean. Apart of the fact that idle/low speed regulator response is usually slow, the motor sometimes cuts after engaging the clutch when stopping at a road junction for example.

I checked the complete system and it seems that all components work as they should. I've also attached a video to show the reaction of the motor when throttling.
https://vimeo.com/273127652

According to the information I found on the net it must be a defective RPM relay which can be replaced with an aftermarket solution as provided by e.g. dm-eng.weebly.com. Is this the right conclusion? Any other thoughts?

Thanks and cheers
Philipp

Bitsyncmaster
06-02-2018, 05:22 PM
No it's not a fault of the RPM relay. If you find the engine stalls letting off the throttle, most times you can solve that problem turning the curb idle screw up (clockwise) a little.

DMC-81
06-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Aside from your idle problem, I whole heartedly recommend the solid state RPM relay from Dave. It's a nice upgrade.

Philipp
06-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Will try turning the curb idle screw up a little. I hope it is that easy...

Cheers
Philipp