PDA

View Full Version : General How do I get the fact sheet blown up?

jagee
09-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot but I found the fact sheet from ohiodeloreans.com and read that somebody had made this bigger through walgreens.com. My walgreens account will not allow me to upload a pdf file. Does anyone have this saved as an image file? Is there any way to change it to an image file?

dmc6960
09-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot but I found the fact sheet from ohiodeloreans.com and read that somebody had made this bigger through walgreens.com. My walgreens account will not allow me to upload a pdf file. Does anyone have this saved as an image file? Is there any way to change it to an image file?

Take the PDF to a FedEx-Kinkos store, or any basic sign or printing shop.

stevedmc
09-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Take the PDF to a FedEx-Kinkos store, or any basic sign or printing shop.

Why not Walgreens?

dmc6960
09-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Why not Walgreens?

Because I've never seen a Walgreens with a large-format printer. Photo development, yes, but never a poster. I'm just speaking from experience, and I know what I mentioned does have the large format printing capability.

Ron
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Tell me what you are trying to do in the end...maybe I can help.
Do you have a non-free version of Acrobat?

stevedmc
09-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Because I've never seen a Walgreens with a large-format printer. Photo development, yes, but never a poster. I'm just speaking from experience, and I know what I mentioned does have the large format printing capability.

I'm pretty sure they are capable of ordering prints from the same printer as Walgreens.com.

Plus he never said what size he was looking to enlarge to. Surely any Walgreens is capable of prints up to 11x17.

Canon20DFan
09-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I just made a poster, 24x36, at Office Depot, of the Ohio Deloreans Fact Sheet. Be careful to ask, I got my poster for $30 or so, but the girl behind the counter was going to initially charge me $70 until I pointed out the "poster" price, not the photo print price.

robvanderveer
09-16-2011, 03:55 PM
C4, Semtex, Dynamite, Gun Powder, lol

(sorry, could not resist)

EdR5150
09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
That was me. I probably used Photoshop to change it from a PDF to a JPG, then uploaded it. If you need a JPG, PM with your email address.

I never posted a pic of the Poster in my front seat...

jagee
09-16-2011, 08:33 PM
PM sent

EdR5150
09-16-2011, 09:41 PM
I tried the 8.5x11, legal, and 17x22 sheets. People rarely read them.

Peope are drawn to the framed poster, and it keeps people out of the seat. Bad pic, but you get the idea.

Denver DMC
09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I just created this same poster in 18" x 26" through BigPosters.com for $70. It was a hit a last weekend's car show. The higher cost was because I ordered a sturdier backing (gatorboard) and a custom size. You can get this for $30 - $40 is you didn't order the options I chose. See http://www.bigposters.com/2000mounting.html,

P.S. I am not promoting this vendor, as there are dozens, I am only trying to provide an example and let folks know of the cost.

Canon20DFan
09-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Why, it *was* the hit of the show. Now I shall have to bring one and see which one is read more...

I just created this same poster in 18" x 26" through BigPosters.com for $70. It was a hit a last weekend's car show. The higher cost was because I ordered a sturdier backing (gatorboard) and a custom size. You can get this for $30 - $40 is you didn't order the options I chose. See http://www.bigposters.com/2000mounting.html,

P.S. I am not promoting this vendor, as there are dozens, I am only trying to provide an example and let folks know of the cost.

nelshaun
08-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Because I've never seen a Walgreens with a large-format printer. Photo development, yes, but never a poster. I'm just speaking from experience, and I know what I mentioned does have the large format HP 85a from InkJetSuperStore.com (http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/hp-ce285a-oem-laser-cartridge) capability.

Bump. ^ True. That is why you are better off looking for a printing shop or else you can't get done what you are supposed to do. Or buy a large printer for it and start a business that allows you to do such printing. Just kidding :giggle: