PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Front Wheel Bearing

hippieman9
07-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Has anyone used the Timken Front wheel bearings? I see Summit racing offers them. I have used Timken in many other applications, did know if anyone had feed back on these. I see a new SKF brand one is available too.

Jonathan
07-02-2018, 11:58 AM
What brand does Houston, or our other vendors use? I have two spares but they came without packaging and don't know off hand who made them.

hippieman9
07-02-2018, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=Jonathan;236056]What brand does Houston, or our other vendors use? I have two spares but they came without packaging and don't know off hand who made them.[/QUOTE

According to DMCH website they are SKF. The ones in my car are SKF currently but look original, so they are being changed.

DMC5180
07-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Are changing them just because of age or do you have a howler when putting steering pressure left or right while driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hippieman9
07-03-2018, 05:28 AM
Are changing them just because of age or do you have a howler when putting steering pressure left or right while driving?

Age, and the fact that part of the seal is missing. 6668 has 90,000 miles on it and the bearing has a"Crunchy" feel when turning it by hand. I have a shimmy in the front end as well, so while I am rebuilding the brakes I figured its as good of time as any to put new bearing in the front.

DMC5180
07-03-2018, 07:13 AM
SKF is the OE bearing brand. DMCH has the best pricing on them that I found anywhere. This is Especially true on the rear hub bearings. I would stick with them as opposed to trying ti save nickles on a generic China no name.

hippieman9
07-03-2018, 09:42 AM
I ordered the SKF's from DMCH, should be here tomorrow.