PDA

View Full Version : Heat & A/C AC Fan #4 Not Working

lazabby
07-20-2018, 11:07 AM
I know I've read about this issue in years past but can't remember the cause. My AC fan #4 is not working. I can't remember if it was a vacuum hose or fuse or what. What can be the cause?

lazabby
07-20-2018, 11:40 AM
I know I've read about this issue in years past but can't remember the cause. My AC fan #4 is not working. I can't remember if it was a vacuum hose or fuse or what. What can be the cause?

Update - I started the car this morning and the #4 blower was working fine. I checked my coolant level and it was low so I recharged it. I have a leak in the system somewhere. Last night while returning from an event, the car began surging as if it was starved for gas (I had plenty). I turned off the AC and the surging stopped. Not sure what the AC would have to do with the surging.

NckT
07-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Look in the relay area and see if "fan relay No.4" operates. You can just put your finger on it and feel it click when you turn the rotary dial to number 4.

If it doesn't click, check the relay and that the electrical barbed connections stay in the relay base.

If it does click then you'll have to check the wiring from the relay to the fan motor.

If Fan speed No.3 works then chances are the circuit breaker is fine as this also supplied voltage to Fan No.4

I've just read your post so check for wiring integrity and for a dodgy Fan 4 relay

Re the surging, it may be the Idle control or the load causing by the ac compressor. Try disconnecting the ac clutch cable then turn the mood switch to ac and see if the surge is there to determine a mechanical or electrical loaf on the system.

Good luck with it