PDA

View Full Version : Got my passenger seat cover installed

Jakestrawn
07-28-2018, 04:34 PM
After a long wait for these bad boys i got the passenger side seat cover installed. Very happy with the outcome. The process is however is pretty much exhausting. Now i just need to come up with repair solution for drivers side bottom rubber pad before i tear into that one.

Riley88
07-28-2018, 08:00 PM
They look excellent grats man!

Jakestrawn
07-31-2018, 01:00 AM
Thank you!

mluder
07-31-2018, 06:17 PM
Now i just need to come up with repair solution for drivers side bottom rubber pad before i tear into that one.

Get high strength picture hanging wire from the hardware store. Lash it back and forth across the underside of the seat bottom. It doesn't have as much give as the rubber but it does have a little. More importantly it provide a lot of support.

Cheers
Steve

Alex Brooks
08-05-2018, 09:49 AM
I need to give this a try too.

Jakestrawn
08-05-2018, 01:37 PM
I need to give this a try too.

Yeah i think that might be the best option so far. Ive heard of ratchet straps but that seems a little too mickey mouse. Lee pattison also suggests removing rubber pad completely and stitching a piece of leather between the two halves to complete it again. But that involves complete removal and re-installation....

Ron
08-05-2018, 02:47 PM
I tried stainless electric fence wire once and it worked well except it wasn't long until it cut through. Had I put some kind of durable tubing over it, it would have lasted forever.

EDIT: I see some of the picture wire comes with a vinyl coating...

DMC-Ron
08-06-2018, 02:34 AM
I was lucky enough to see Jake's passenger seat in person this weekend. It looks even better in person than the photos!

Ron

Jakestrawn
08-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I was lucky enough to see Jake's passenger seat in person this weekend. It looks even better in person than the photos!

Ron
Thank you very much Ron.

MikeWard
08-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Nice work! There really is nothing like Lee Pattison's OE covers, they are second to none :thumbup: