PDA

View Full Version : DCB-12: DeLorean Convention Belgium 2012

Andy
09-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Hi everybody

I know this is gonna be a bit far for most of you guys, but I'm going to post it anyway, just in case someone wants to come over to Europe.

The Belgian DeLorean Club is proud to announce their first event. It's called "DCB-12" (for "DeLorean Convention Belgium 2012") and is going to happen from Thursday 17th of May 2012 to Sunday 20th 2012.

Here is the rough program (details could still change in time)

* Hotel location in Bruges ( www.brugotel.be )

* Thursday 17th
- From midday to evening: arrival of guests in the hotel.
- Welcome dinner

* Friday 18th
- Drive through Flanders and visit of Flanders Fields.
- Specific locations to be confirmed but we are looking at some impressive stuff.
- Evening in local bar of Delorean owner, Delorean & BTTF decorated for the occasion.
- Coaches from & to the hotel will be available to avoid drinking & driving!

* Saturday 19th
- A day in Bruges!
- Cars will be allow to park on a central public square with security.
- Media coverage (TV, newspapers) will take place during this time
- Possibilities to do a touristic walkaround / shopping frenzy or a tour in "The Fool Of Bruges" brewary.
- Return to the hotel for the gala dinner.

* Sunday 20th
- A late breakfast (probably), some asperine, sunglasses and soft noises for all those hangovers.
- Departure of guests to their respective countries.

We also try to keep out facebook page updated : DeLorean Convention Belgium 2012. Check it out!

PS: DCB-12 stands for "Delorean Convention Belgium", but also means "Delorean Club Belgium". The 12 is a reference to our favorite car but also 2012... It works on so many levels... we thought about that one!

Regards from Belgium!

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610

Andy
09-27-2011, 02:36 AM
It's official!

We, DeLorean Club Belgium, have the pleasure in inviting you all to our very first convention on May 17th - 20th 2012!

We have chosen Bruges as the base for a 3 day get together and have planned a program with lots of diversity wich we hope will please everybody. Driving through and visit Flanders Fields, visiting historic Bruges and enjoy all the good stuff we have here in Belgium.

Send us a mail and we will send you the information and registration sheet where you can find all instructions.
Hotel rates are 99.5€ for a double room / night, single room 90.5€ / night. Eventrate is 125€ per person.

Please mail your request to [email protected] (club president)

We hope to see a lot of familiar faces (and plenty of new ones!) to our event!

Best Regards
The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)

Andy
01-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Dear Delorean enthousiast!

Since there has been one guy allready registered from New Jersey (!!) who's attending our event in Belgium, I'm gonna place an update anyway ...

Only 4 months to go to the first Delorean Belgium Convention! The event is taking it’s definitive shape and we have recieved international registrations.

We have made some changes to the booking form, please visit www.dcb12.be for all updated information.

If you want to attend our meeting please:

- Go to the site and download the booking form and follow hotel & event registration instructions.
- On that same site download the exel sheet, fill it in and send it back to [email protected]
- You’ll also find the latest itinary of the event

Please note: we have put up a registration deadline of March 17th due to reservation and booking deadlines of various locations

Do you like to trade / exibit in the event or have something special?

- We’re still looking for vendors who like to sell, trade or exibit Delorean related items in the conference room of the hotel. This room will be accessible during our presence in the hotel and locked off in between.
- Do you have something unique to show? Scale models, artwork, etc… feel free to bring it along and we will exibit this for you in the hotel and /or Gala diner at the Crowne Plaza!
- Delorean clubs are invited to bring their own flags / banners / goodies.

We hope to gather a great number of cars for our very first convention, and will provide you all with an unforgettable time in Belgium!

Best Regards,

The DCB-12 organisation (Frederik, Andy, Lindy, Philiep, Saskia, Dirk, Jo & Dominiek)

www.dcb12.be
Facebook : Delorean Convention Belgium 2012

Andy
02-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Hi everybody

Things are starting to get closer: only three months to go and 1 month before the registration deadline!

Just a quick update on our event:

- in the last weeks we welcomed new car registrations from Holland, France and Germany.
- we’re also honored to announce that Joseph Murray and Neal Barclay have confirmed they will be attending our convention! For those who have a lapse of memory: they where both employed in the original DMC factory in the eighties and know a lot of our cars history. They also have met the man himself: John Delorean. For those who attend: talk with these guys, they have some amazing stories to tell you !
- saturday will be our convention highlight, we recieved the official paperwork from the Mayors Office for our presence on the The Burg: http://www.360cities.net/map#lat=51.20709&lng=3.2301&name=square-bruges-brugge-belgium&zoom=17
- keep following our Facebook page “Delorean Convention Belgium” or www.dcb12.be for all detailed info.

We're still hoping to see a few more of you guys, so don't hesitate to get registered and come over!

Oh, did I mention that we also have great beer and delicious chocolades!

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

Coulombe
02-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi Andy, Just wanted to say Congrats on your first DMC convention. I hope it goes over extreme well and becomes an annual event.

So far to date do you have only stock Deloreans registered or do you have anyone registered to bring their BTTF Delorean Time Machine? If so, I'm curious as to how many will be attending and from which countries.

My company Coulombe Enterprises has been fabricating Back To The Future Time Machines replica's and Full scale Time Machines out of Delorean's since 1996. We are currently under contract for a Delorean Time Machine build for a gentleman from Belgium. I don't know if he knows of your event but I will be passing this info to him. I also have several DTM clients from the UK & France I'll be informing them of your upcoming event.

Will you be having a raffle of some kind for charity? Maybe something for Team Fox? Check out our website: www.DeloreanTimeMachines.com and then privately email me at: [email protected] I'd like to talk to you about possibly my company donating a BTTF prop replica for your event. We are currently registered to attend the DCS show here in Orlando Florida in June 2012 and have promised to donate a BTTF prop for their raffle in the name of Team Fox.

Drop me an email. We'll see what we can work out - Bruce

Andy
02-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Hi Andy, Just wanted to say Congrats on your first DMC convention. I hope it goes over extreme well and becomes an annual event.

So far to date do you have only stock Deloreans registered or do you have anyone registered to bring their BTTF Delorean Time Machine? If so, I'm curious as to how many will be attending and from which countries.

My company Coulombe Enterprises has been fabricating Back To The Future Time Machines replica's and Full scale Time Machines out of Delorean's since 1996. We are currently under contract for a Delorean Time Machine build for a gentleman from Belgium. I don't know if he knows of your event but I will be passing this info to him. I also have several DTM clients from the UK & France I'll be informing them of your upcoming event.

Will you be having a raffle of some kind for charity? Maybe something for Team Fox? Check out our website: www.DeloreanTimeMachines.com and then privately email me at: [email protected] I'd like to talk to you about possibly my company donating a BTTF prop replica for your event. We are currently registered to attend the DCS show here in Orlando Florida in June 2012 and have promised to donate a BTTF prop for their raffle in the name of Team Fox.

Drop me an email. We'll see what we can work out - Bruce

Thanks for the reaction, you're the first one ...

At the moment, we have about 10 (stock) DeLoreans at the meeting, people from Belgium, France, Netherlands, Germany and the UK. And we are proud to announce that we will be having 2 ex-DeLorean-workers at our event, Joseph Murray and Neal Barclay.

Also, a guy from the UK with a BTTF-replica (Steve Wickenden, I think) has told us he would come over to Belgium, but so far he hasn't registered yet ... And someone from New Jersey is also coming over (without a DeLorean though).

And the guy you're referring to is Steve and yes, I know him very well. He's the owner of the Belgian DeLorean Service Center in Bruges and he just bought an extra DeLorean to start building his BTTF-project. He hasn't actually started building the car as he hasn't got all the parts yet. He says he going to start in the next few weeks ...

We'll be having a few suprizes in stock for those who participate at our event, but I won't tell which (otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise anymore) ...

About that BTTF prop: would it be possible to send an email about that to Frederik Van Acker?. He's the main organiser for the event. You can reach him at [email protected], he'll be very pleased to hear from you!!

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610

Andy
04-05-2012, 05:05 AM
UPDATE:

Due to the fact that some owners have their cars in winter repairs and are working furiously to get them finished for our event we have extended the registration period until APRIL 15th. We talked to all venues and they have granted us this extension.

Until now we have 17 cars registred and welcome 3 VIP’s: Joe Murray & Neal Barclay, both former DMC factory workers are our special guests at our convention, together with Brian O’neills exellent Back To The future replica!

Hope to still see some late registrations, 6 weeks to go!

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

David_NYS
04-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Oh, did I mention that we also have great beer and delicious chocolades!

See you in Belgium!

Best Regards,

Wow! I really wish I could make it over! It sounds like it will be a great time! :Headspin:

Fingers crossed, perhaps next year!

David

Andy
04-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Wow! I really wish I could make it over! It sounds like it will be a great time! :Headspin:

Fingers crossed, perhaps next year!

David

Thanks, the Belgian club is known for having fun, so I'm sure we'll be having a great time with everybody!

Don't know about next year though, it all depends on the succes of this years edition ; it's our first own event as a club, so we'll have to wait for everybody's reactions to see what we we'll be doing next year ...

There is a guy coming over from New Jersey this year ...

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610

Andy
05-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Only one week to go, we now have 21 cars registered and 50 people attending!

Let's hope for some more sunshine than we had the last few weeks ...

Andy
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
A few pictures for those who are interested ...

We had a great DeLorean weekend in Bruges with 22 cars attended and our special guests Joe Murray and Neal Barclay, 2 ex-workers from the factory in Northern Ireland. As you can see, the Delorean is still alive and kicking in Belgium!

11619116351163411633116321163111630116291162811627 11626116251162311622116211162011636

Domi
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Great pictures, thank you for sharing :thumbup2:

dvonk
07-05-2012, 07:38 PM
looks like you had good attendance! :smile:

Coulombe
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Great Pictures! Glad you had a successful event. Thanks for sharing.