PDA

View Full Version : Best Exhaust Manifold Gaskets?

dn010
09-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Title says it all, any thoughts on who sells the best? Experiences? Many many years ago I had purchased a few sets of then SpecialTAuto's stainless exhaust manifold gaskets. They blow out on me. I continue to hear the hiss of a leak every time I drive and also wonder if my exhaust is overly loud because of it, and while I dread doing this repair, I finally want to get it fixed.

PJ Grady Inc.
09-06-2018, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=dn010;238594]Title says it all, any thoughts on who sells the best? Experiences? Many many years ago I had purchased a few sets of then SpecialTAuto's stainless exhaust manifold gaskets. They blow out on me. I continue to hear the hiss of a leak every time I drive and also wonder if my exhaust is overly loud because of it, and while I dread doing this repair, I finally want to get it fixed.

We offer three kits. Our premium kit uses Volvo one piece gaskets combined with hardened stainless M7 studs With copper coated flanged locknuts. This lasts longer than anything else we have tried.
Rob

dn010
09-07-2018, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=dn010;238594]Title says it all, any thoughts on who sells the best? Experiences? Many many years ago I had purchased a few sets of then SpecialTAuto's stainless exhaust manifold gaskets. They blow out on me. I continue to hear the hiss of a leak every time I drive and also wonder if my exhaust is overly loud because of it, and while I dread doing this repair, I finally want to get it fixed.

We offer three kits. Our premium kit uses Volvo one piece gaskets combined with hardened stainless M7 studs With copper coated flanged locknuts. This lasts longer than anything else we have tried.
Rob

Will call to discuss, need a pilot bearing from you as well.

vwdmc16
09-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Also just installed the volvo one piece gaskets. Good stuffa

dn010
09-12-2018, 04:23 PM
I ordered the gaskets from Rob, it will probably be two weeks before I tackle the gasket replacement and the clutch at the same time.

Boxbot
11-16-2018, 01:16 PM

Rob

Rob, Is there a link? I can't find any gaskets on your website. Thanks!

(I am installing a used Stage 1 exhaust - shouldn't matter, right?)