PDA

View Full Version : Scott K - Orlando - VIN 4117

DMCH James
09-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Is he here on DMCT? I found a photo of his car from 30 years ago and would like to get a copy of it to him.

James

Chris Burns
09-20-2011, 01:12 PM
He was on the old DMC Talk. After his car was totaled in a fire he bought a Vette and kind of dropped off the scene. My friend Ed, lives a few blocks away from him.

DMCH James
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
He was on the old DMC Talk. After his car was totaled in a fire he bought a Vette and kind of dropped off the scene. My friend Ed, lives a few blocks away from him.

So 4117 was burned and totaled?

Chris Burns
09-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Scott took it down to Tony at DMC Fl after it happened. Tony said the problem was fixable, but it would take awhile. Since it was Scott's only car at the time, he just got a settlement with the insurance company and bought another car. I haven't seen the car since then.

EdFerri
09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
I just talked to Scott. He'd love to see those pics. He said that he would hop on the board here later on....

Kozmatic
09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Hey guys....been a while. Yeah, I miss the car. It was totaled...by NOT by choice. Tony said it needed $12k in repairs. Insurance said they would not pay for repairs and instead paid out a settlement. Then refused to even let me have a chance to buy the salvage. I'd love to know what really happened to it.

Would love to see the 30 y/o pic though!

Kozmatic
09-20-2011, 02:24 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0314.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0315.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0316.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0319.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0320.jpg

Domi
09-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow, sorry for you to see these sad pictures!
Is there a way to know what happened exactly to the car? Why the fire start in the engine compartment? Fuel leaking maybe?

Chris Burns
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey Scott! Long time no see.

Kozmatic
09-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey Scott! Long time no see.

Hey Jammer....yeah...been a minute...how are you?

Kozmatic
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow, sorry for you to see these sad pictures!
Is there a way to know what happened exactly to the car? Why the fire start in the engine compartment? Fuel leaking maybe?

It was an electrical fire. No question. Something shorted out at the firewall connections and didn't trip a breaker or blow a fuse. There's one pic with the battery on the ground. Once I realized what the issue was I ripped it out, burning myself pretty good in the process as the hot wire was....err...HOT!

Chris Burns
09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey Jammer....yeah...been a minute...how are you?

Not bad. Still helping Ed with his car at car shows, having fun. Job hunting right now, so I can afford a D hopefully!

BTTF-1
09-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Scott
Your D was superb.

Ed from OP.

Any advice for other D owners on issues to look out for. It looked like you had new fuel hoses and vacuum lines on your D.

Ed

Chris Burns
09-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Not sure where VIN 4117's electrical fire started. Scott really took good care of his Delorean and literally drove everyday! The car sat for 14 yrs in someone's yard until it was purchased. The engine was rebuilt and fuel system was redone. Interior was redone in a really cool two tone leather. My advice is to keep the fuses, relays, and wiring in check.

Presicion25
01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0314.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0315.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0316.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0319.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/skosowski/IMG_0320.jpg

That must have been a sad state of Affairs :angry:

thirdmanj
01-23-2012, 08:11 AM
That looks like it was terrible event Koz. She was a beautiful car. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

But, since this is all in the past, my twisted sense of humor took a turn for the worst and I thought up a couple captions for these remarkable and rare photos... Ahem,

"MY DELOREAN IS ON FIRE!! QUICK, TAKE A PICTURE FOR THE INTERNET!"

Or

"Flux Capacitor FAIL"

I know, I know, sorry... But with the right photoshop these pics could be an Internet phenomenon!!

Michael
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
That looks like it was terrible event Koz. She was a beautiful car. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

But, since this is all in the past, my twisted sense of humor took a turn for the worst and I thought up a couple captions for these remarkable and rare photos... Ahem,

"MY DELOREAN IS ON FIRE!! QUICK, TAKE A PICTURE FOR THE INTERNET!"

Or

"Flux Capacitor FAIL"

I know, I know, sorry... But with the right photoshop these pics could be an Internet phenomenon!!

Not even remotely funny, and from a fellow owner its borderline insulting.

ccurzio
01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Time to get a sense of humor and not take things so seriously.

Yes it sucks, but at the end of the day it's only a car.

Michael
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM

I have a sense of humor, which is why I know that was not funny. Maybe when you watch your dream car go up in smoke in front of your eyes you will see the tasteless manor of your fellow owners making wise cracks. I would expect no less from the average internet troll, but a fellow owner?

ccurzio
01-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I have a sense of humor, which is why I know that was not funny. Maybe when you watch your dream car go up in smoke in front of your eyes you will see the tasteless manor of your fellow owners making wise cracks.

My dream car is a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 and I currently own a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12. If it exploded into flames, yes it would suck but again, I don't have such a stick so far up my ass that I couldn't also laugh about the situation.

Maybe it's just me. (But I doubt it.)

Chris Burns
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I remember when this happened. This was my bud's Scott's car. It did this in the middle of rush hour traffic and thankfully he was able to pull off the road and no one got hurt. He will be getting another one before long!

Mike C.
01-23-2012, 12:29 PM
"Flux Capacitor FAIL"

It sucks that it happened, but I lol'd...

:dunno:

Ron
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I'd of been dipping water out of that port-a-pot!

thirdmanj
01-23-2012, 02:42 PM

My bust man. I did the best I could to soften the comments. 1258 is my dream car and my baby, and I'd be mortified if something catastrophic like this happened to her, really I would. But the way I understand it, this was a while ago, and the owner has since moved on. It didn't happen yesterday or the day before, it's over and long done with.

If this had been me, in the same situation, today I could see the humor in it. In other words, it's not "too soon" in my opinion. But it is a terrible thing, and it's regrettable that it happnd to such a rare car. At least no one was hurt.

Respects,
James T.

Jimmyvonviggle
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Now I don't feel bad for carrying a little fire extinguisher in my D. That was a nice car. Where is it now? Parted out I wonder?

leroyvette
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Terrible loss---this is the reason every collector car should have a battery cut-off-switch, and a fire extingusher within easy reach---could possibly prevent such an occurance.

Michael
01-23-2012, 04:20 PM
My bust man. I did the best I could to soften the comments. 1258 is my dream car and my baby, and I'd be mortified if something catastrophic like this happened to her, really I would. But the way I understand it, this was a while ago, and the owner has since moved on. It didn't happen yesterday or the day before, it's over and long done with.

If this had been me, in the same situation, today I could see the humor in it. In other words, it's not "too soon" in my opinion. But it is a terrible thing, and it's regrettable that it happnd to such a rare car. At least no one was hurt.

Respects,
James T.
No problem, sometimes its hard to detect the tone of the text. Seems like I'm in the minority anyway.

Chris Burns
01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Now I don't feel bad for carrying a little fire extinguisher in my D. That was a nice car. Where is it now? Parted out I wonder?

It was totaled out by the insurance company, but it may of been spotted in Daytona last year. Someone filmed it as it was going down the road. It's a private video so can't post it.

DashEight
06-26-2013, 08:35 PM

I Agree.

thirdmanj
06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
I Agree.

Aaaaand for the resurection, ladies and gentlemen; DashEight!!!

:drummer:

DashEight
06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Aaaaand for the resurection, ladies and gentlemen; DashEight!!!

:drummer:

There are ladies on this forum? :drummer:

dvonk
06-27-2013, 11:38 PM
There are ladies on this forum? :drummer:

only occasionally.

Dangermouse
09-23-2013, 03:50 PM
It was totaled out by the insurance company, but it may of been spotted in Daytona last year. Someone filmed it as it was going down the road. It's a private video so can't post it.

It is alive and well in Ft Meyers FL, apparently.

Chris Burns
09-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Really? Where did you get that info from?

dmc4087
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
It is alive and well in Ft Meyers FL, apparently.

Could well believe it, the damage doesn't look that bad.

Dangermouse
09-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Really? Where did you get that info from?

I am one with these cars, I know them and they know me. They are sentient beings at one with each other and with their caretakers. They talk to me across the night sky.

I am…….the DeLorean whisperer.

Well, either that, or I stuck the VIN into Autocheck months ago when this thread was revived and forgot to post it.

7 months after the carbeque it was registered in Ft Myers, presumably repaired to its former glory, and has been annually re-registered there ever since.

BTTF-1
09-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Awesome.

Back to the Future again!

Ed:banghead::banghead::notworthy::notworthy::bangh ead::banghead:

Chris Burns
09-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Awesome!!

I will have to tell Scott that when I see him on FB. Thanks Dermot!:headbang:

He will have another Delorean at some point for sure!!