PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Rental Request - Orlando / UCF Area SAT, SEPT 24 @ 8pm

Morpheus
09-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Sorry for the late notice on this one, but I just checked the email box and saw this one:

Hi,

My name is Arielle Ladin, I am a student at UCF in Orlando. I am involved in planning an 80s themed event. Knowing that the DeLorean was an iconic car from the 1980s, I was hoping to maybe have a few cars at the entrance of the venue on UCF campus to enhance the theme and set the tone for the 80s themed party. Cars do not need to be open, and people will take pictures next to them. The location will be supervised with the owners present. The event is open to the general student population at no charge to student. We were hoping some club members or owners would consider donating an hours time to our event, and they then will be invited to our party. The date of the event is September 24, 2011 at 8pm. The event is taking place at the Fairwinds Alumni Center at UCF. I am looking forward to your favorable response. If any of your members are UCF alumni, Knightro would love to take a picture with you and your car. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Arielle Ladin
Event Planner
(954) 495-5332

If any of you local boys can help her out, please give her a call. Thanks!

DMCBRANDON5873
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I wish I could but I gotta work that night 8(

Morpheus
09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
No problem, Brandon.

John? Are you available?

Evildeli
09-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Woah, this is short notice. I'm not sure if I can do it. I'll get back ASAP

Evildeli
09-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Okay so my Saturday is pretty packed, but I could fit it in, but I've got one minor issue. I'm currently working on renting my D out for two other occasions ( 1 is the wedding on the other thread), and they are both paying gigs. Would it be wrong if I ask for pay on this one too?

stevedmc
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Would it be wrong if I ask for pay on this one too?

I've offered use of my car at a church fund raiser, but it didn't work out due to other commitments I had that day. At my own church, I would donate my time and car with no problem at all. But it would be for fund raising purposes, not to bait people into attending a service.

Basically we were going to let people have their picture taken with the car for a small donation. The money would be donated to offset the expenses of kid's camp. Kids at my church, and kids who don't goto my church, get to goto camp whether their parrents can afford it or not.

It really is up to you whether or not you let them use your car for free. If it was for charity, then I would probably do it for free.

If its so they can razzle dazzle their members, then it would definately cost them some money.

Just my two cents.

Morpheus
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Okay so my Saturday is pretty packed, but I could fit it in, but I've got one minor issue. I'm currently working on renting my D out for two other occasions ( 1 is the wedding on the other thread), and they are both paying gigs. Would it be wrong if I ask for pay on this one too?

I would bring that up with Arielle, I'm not sure what their budget is. I don't think it's inappropriate to ask for a reasonable fee for your time and gas expenses, if indeed it is a UCF sponsored event.

If my car was driveable, i would certainly do the same.

Evildeli
09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Okay, I'll contact her.

Evildeli
09-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Well I called her, and offered my services, however she expressed her budget was low and was looking for a donation rental. She also mentioned that there would be about 300 guests in case anyone else is interested.

chef4u
09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
i'm working that night.
clarito