PDA

View Full Version : How To: Homemade Maintenance, Repair, and Upgrade Record

Maritime-elf
10-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Hi Everyone - I created a book to keep track of maintenance, repairs and upgrades for my Delorean. I kept finding strange things the previous owner did, without knowing the reason why they did it.(or in some cases ways to undue it) I kept wishing I had more records.

Anyway my wife said I should share, so here it is:

I printed the book at a Fedex kinkos, and had it bound on the left side with cover on the front and back (so it can lay flat) for about 25 USD. The book size is for legal paper 8.5X14 inch. I hope ya'll find it useful.

jackb
10-09-2018, 04:35 PM
That’s quite nice to make yours a bound book. But you’ve got quite a lot of pages for upgrades/maintenance, and only 5 for a yearly summary.
Lots of details in those blocks. Mine would be blank for most of them, as I don’t see a huge value added in tracking all of that (like a pcture of the job done).

I use an excel spreadsheet to log everything. There is a column for date, mileage, maintenance performed, and notes.
I also keep every receipt in a folder. If it is a thermal printed receipt, or fadeable carbon copy, I xerox it to avoid the content fading.

Gregadeth
10-10-2018, 12:11 AM
I use an excel spreadsheet to log everything. There is a column for date, mileage, maintenance performed, and notes.
I also keep every receipt in a folder. If it is a thermal printed receipt, or fadeable carbon copy, I xerox it to avoid the content fading.I do exactly the same.

Domi
10-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Nice job, thank you for sharing ;)

Rich_NYS
10-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Excellent.

Kevin011206
10-27-2018, 06:28 PM
I see a lot of thought was put into your work, Thanks For sharing.
Kevin011206

Owner as of Sept. 23, 2018
Of 1982 DeLorean 011206
Running but needs work to make her a Gem. :)
Stainless is perfect.