PDA

View Full Version : So apparently Video Bob's Delorean trailer was broken into for a peak at the car??

EngineerGuY
11-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Can't say I've ever heard of anyone going to this extreme to take a look at a Delorean Time Machine Replica! Anyone else have any crazy stories like this? Bob certainly seems to be telling the truth here, no reason to make this stuff up. Seems like a very bizarre situation. Happy the car wasn't damaged but what a huge issue. Hope the people get caught via social media.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bttfstuff/videos

Michael
11-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Two words:
Daryl Kemsley

EngineerGuY
11-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Two words:
Daryl Kemsley

Oh that's the guy who was driving the DMC that caught fire huh? :flamed:

Michael
11-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Oh that's the guy who was driving the DMC that caught fire huh? :flamed:

Well, his BMW was vandalized earlier and that was suspicious, then his DeLorean burnt down again under very suspicious circumstances and many speculated that he did all of that for attention and self promotion(he fancied himself as a youtube star in the making). Not saying that VB is doing that, but after al I have seen, I look at almost every event like this through the lens of suspicion....that is if I care enough to look at all.

EngineerGuY
11-13-2018, 07:51 AM
Well, his BMW was vandalized earlier and that was suspicious, then his DeLorean burnt down again under very suspicious circumstances and many speculated that he did all of that for attention and self promotion(he fancied himself as a youtube star in the making). Not saying that VB is doing that, but after al I have seen, I look at almost every event like this through the lens of suspicion....that is if I care enough to look at all.

Agreed! A lot of people will do a lot for attention. I've never been the biggest VB supporter but I believe him in this instance. It's too odd of a situation really. Hopefully pictures pop up on the internet of the people who broke in, as they were certainly taking pictures of the car. Would be easy to spot.

videobob
11-22-2018, 10:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fClj_U5TCsk&t=54s

Yeah, here's the direct link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fClj_U5TCsk&t=54s

I was working on a TV show for NBC, they wanted the Delorean for a scene, I was there a few days.
We wrapped at about 2am the night before, I locked it up in the trailer about 3am, so I slept late in the bus.
I felt the bus moving a little and at first I thought it was the wind, but the wind is usually a gentle sway along the bus left to right,
but this was a jole forward and back, like someone was jumping on the hitch.
When I checked my cameras I saw a little gray car driving away.
It took me a bit to get dressed and go outside and check and that's when I discovered the switched lock.

I asked the old man who was manning the Goodwill station next door and he confirmed there were people back there.
I checked with mall security but they were no help.
I went to the Target, the WalMart, Lowes and Home Depot that were near by and none of them had sold the lock.
So maybe it was shoplifted or purchased at a different store I didn't check.

Most people believe that the lock was put there so they could come back later and steal the car.
Little did they know I was inside with a very large pistol nearby.
Had I gotten up a few minutes earlier and caught them there would be full of lead right now.
Needless to say, I changed all the locks with the biggest ones I could find.
I am having a new trailer made soon and it will have an alarm system, inside and outside active cameras, etc.

This is another reason I don't advertise and put decals on the side, etc.
I don't anyone to know what is inside there.
If I so much as open the door to check the ties, I will hear cars screech to a stop behind and people will jump out
and run up to take pictures and ask stupid questions...
I should be thankful, it has kept in business since 2004, hundreds of rentals and 28 car builds.
I just need to beef up the security from now on.

DMC-81
11-23-2018, 08:48 AM
I tried to watch the video.... Too many F-bombs for my liking. Didn't finish it.

Here's an easier, less expensive security method. Back the trailer close up against a wall. This prevents unauthorized access to the rear door, and unhooking and outright trailer theft. Boom, problem solved without a risk of being in the news because you blew away a delinquent BTTF nut with your "very large pistol".

:gun:

BladeBronson
11-23-2018, 07:27 PM
Little did they know I was inside with a very large pistol nearby.
Had I gotten up a few minutes earlier and caught them there would be full of lead right now.

Yeah right.

What happened to this lock?

Jimmyvonviggle
11-23-2018, 07:46 PM
I tried to watch the video.... Too many F-bombs for my liking. Didn't finish it.

Here's an easier, less expensive security method. Back the trailer close up against a wall. This prevents unauthorized access to the rear door, and unhooking and outright trailer theft. Boom, problem solved without a risk of being in the news because you blew away a delinquent BTTF nut with your "very large pistol".

+1 well said.

81dmc
11-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Yeah right.

What happened to this lock?

A lot of people don't put two locks on their car hauler. I know I don't...

As for the pistol comment... All I can say, is that in Texas, we're all packin. Also, if I found someone breaking into my property or threatening my life, they'd have a meeting with my old friend, Mr. HK45....

Was that a little too much for Talk? Oh well:spank:

Jonathan
11-24-2018, 08:40 AM

^ AKA the Canadian approach. :)

Ron
11-24-2018, 12:49 PM
^Seems to me that the only thing that would change is that your neighbor becomes the victim...

Michael
11-26-2018, 04:50 PM
My gun is bigger

ssdelorean
11-26-2018, 09:41 PM
Two words:
Daryl Kemsley

At least Daryl's videos are more than one long selfie and less use of the words "I" "me" and "mine" :-)

videobob
12-05-2018, 12:14 PM

I apologize to your sensitive virgin ears.
I always back up against a wall in the middle of mall parking lot but someone moved the wall while I was asleep.

videobob
12-05-2018, 12:18 PM
+1 well said.

Neither of you guys have ever traveled.
If you back a 40' bus with a trailer, about 65 feet long and back it up the building, which is usually flanked with a side walk and grass, almost 100% also zoned as a fire lane, in about 10 minutes the police or security will be removing you from the property.
Or you could back up to a truck loading dock, again, unless you are making a deliver you will be asked to leave.
The only way you can squat in a parking lot is to be out of the way as much as possible, even when you are hired to be there.
This is the most unhelpful suggestion made so far.

videobob
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
A lot of people don't put two locks on their car hauler. I know I don't...

As for the pistol comment... All I can say, is that in Texas, we're all packin. Also, if I found someone breaking into my property or threatening my life, they'd have a meeting with my old friend, Mr. HK45....

Was that a little too much for Talk? Oh well:spank:

You might like this video - https://youtu.be/5Mjy6OjtyNc

DMC-81
12-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I apologize to your sensitive virgin ears.
I always back up against a wall in the middle of mall parking lot but someone moved the wall while I was asleep.

Your response is as classy as the video.

Neither of you guys have ever traveled.

Very wrong, and I'm afraid you missed the larger point which was prudent security. But, I'm sure you can figure it out.