PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Coast Delorean Owner's "Open House" - October 15th - Tech session/Cruise in

stevedmc
09-23-2011, 12:30 PM
As of right now the Gulf Coast Delorean Owners club will be having an "Open House" event on October 15th.

Here is the link to our website: http://www.gulfcoastdeloreans.com/

The club members decided to have this event after learning that most of us would be unable to make the DMCH Open House. We are opening up this event to anyone in the Gulf Coast that is interested in attending but of course this is not meant to compete with the DMCH guys.
Everything is free and is open to owners and enthusiasts as well. Just bring an appetite for cars and burgers.

Agenda:
-Meet at my house in Livingston, Louisiana around 10am
-Grill some burgers
-Have our tech session, exchange stories, and fix whatever needs fixin
-Leave a little after 4pm for the 45 minute cruise down I-12 and I-10 to the Tanger Outlet Center
-Cruise in lasts from 5pm to 9pm

Contact me privately for directions and my phone number. Please post any comments or suggestions on the thread.

Here are the details from the Tanger Outlet Center Cruise In:
10/15/2011
Join in the fun and remember the good old days when cruisin' was the
thing to do those hot summer nights. A Classic Cruise Car Show is held
every third Saturday of the month from 5pm - 9pm (March - October) in
the parking lot between Suite 159 and Cracker Barrel.
http://www.tangeroutlet.com/GONZALES/events/10

stevedmc
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Just a reminder that this is taking place this Saturday. If you are able to join us please let me know.

Kenny_Z
10-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I wish I could but I doubt Red would make it even if I didn't have prior plans. By next year I expect Red to be in much better condition.

john 05141
10-11-2011, 03:05 AM
Wow, now that is a cool idea. Such tech sessions at home I have not seen over here yet. Must be great. Please send pics afterwards.

John

Farrar
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Sorry about the lack of updates on the website... I keep forgetting which computer I left the files on. I should be able to put up the info this afternoon, and I will take plenty of pictures Saturday to post after the fact.

Farrar

stevedmc
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I wish I could but I doubt Red would make it even if I didn't have prior plans. By next year I expect Red to be in much better condition.

Alabama isn't that far for me. Be sure to invite me to your next shin dig.

Farrar
10-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Are the girlfriends/wives coming? Ally can come but she doesn't want to be the only female in attendance.

Also, do you need any supplies? Dip? Dr. Pepper?

Farrar

BigBenb84
10-11-2011, 11:19 PM

I won't be making it either. Just a little too far without a lot of time on my hands. I'll be going to a local show though here in Destin. I know Destin is almost 3 hours from Gulf Shores but just letting you know where I'll be if your in the neighborhood.

stevedmc
10-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Are the girlfriends/wives coming? Ally can come but she doesn't want to be the only female in attendance.

Also, do you need any supplies? Dip? Dr. Pepper?

Farrar

Fred was interested in bringing his wife. That would be perfect for the time spent at Tanger but I'm not sure about the time at my house. I have a tv and a sofa, thats about all there is to keep them entertained. The closest mall to my house is 20-30 mins away.

Drew said he will be joining us as well. He's a single man, so he's going to be solo as well. You are welcome to bring Ally along but it could get boring for her.

I would get in touch with Fred and if his wife is still interested in going yall could maybe come in the afternoon so they wouldn't be bored so much. Its up to you guys. I don't have much work to do but we can work on whatever till 4ish. I'd love to see if I can help figure out some of your car problems.

stevedmc
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have any specific problems they would like to work on Saturday? I started compiling a list of some small things I need to do. I'll probably start on my list sometime Saturday morning before everyone arrives and we can work on other stuff as well. I have no plan to finish all of my stuff that day but I just thought it would be a good idea to list some things to work on this time.

1. Passenger window is slightly off track (I'd also like to remove door lock solenoid and front lock rod while I'm in there)
2. One of my speaker connections seems to be loose
3. Need to reinstall rear fascia support (I removed it when I was fixing an oil leak last weekend)
4. My glove box lid needs to be installed (Right now it just sits there, unfastened)
5. Replace fuel injector plugs with the handy ones Farrar gave me (my car is carbureted)
6. Steering bushing needs to be repalced (I don't even have one on order but I'm adding this to my honey do list anyway)
7. Intsallation of red neck cruise control unit (ordering today)

I certainly don't plan on doing all of this stuff Saturday. I'm looking forward to spending time working on Farrar's car and swapping parts with him to see if we can figure out what seems to be causing his problems.

Does anyone else have a honey do list of things that need to be done?

-Steve

Farrar
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't have a steering column bushing, either, but I have been waiting for a bigger parts order before tossing that on. If you care to add another one to your shopping list I will pay you back for it; I just didn't feel like paying shipping for such a tiny, lightweight thing.

We can attach my glove box lid, too -- I removed it a while ago and haven't had a chance to put it back on, either.

Edit: Of course my engine still misses like anything, so we could possibly troubleshoot that a bit if anyone's interested.

Farrar

stevedmc
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't have a steering column bushing, either, but I have been waiting for a bigger parts order before tossing that on. If you care to add another one to your shopping list I will pay you back for it; I just didn't feel like paying shipping for such a tiny, lightweight thing.

I'll put an order in with Hervey in a day or so. I tried the DMCH bushing and it didn't stay put for very long.

Kenny_Z
10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
It's too bad that is the weekend of Deluna fest Ben. The exotics show looks awesome. I'd rather not fight my way through that traffic or have Red get stuck on the bay bridge.

The next event I may take Red too is a tuner car cruise in that happens most saturday nights called Bayfront. I'm supposed to check out this 240 that a coworker's son owns and he goes to that all the time. Other than that the car show season has almost died in this area. I think I'm going to skip the Emerald Coast in Panama City this year as well. Red has eaten her way into my Nova's restoration fund so there's no reason to go if I can't pick up some parts.

Farrar
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
I will have to leave early on Saturday: Ally has a gym appointment at 3pm. So I guess I can do the tech session but not the cruise-in. In spite of the lack of other women in attendance, she plans on coming with me Saturday, since that's her only full day in town this week.

Farrar

stevedmc
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
I will have to leave early on Saturday: Ally has a gym appointment at 3pm. So I guess I can do the tech session but not the cruise-in. In spite of the lack of other women in attendance, she plans on coming with me Saturday, since that's her only full day in town this week.

Farrar

Sometimes I'm very glad to be a single man.

Farrar
10-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Sometimes I'm very glad to be a single man.

Having a girlfriend who travels a lot has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage this week is that I didn't have to bother showering when I came inside smelling like gasoline, oil, and cheap cigars. The disadvantage this week is that I only see my girlfriend for a few hours. I take the good with the bad. :)

Farrar

stevedmc
10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Having a girlfriend who travels a lot has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage this week is that I didn't have to bother showering when I came inside smelling like gasoline, oil, and cheap cigars. The disadvantage this week is that I only see my girlfriend for a few hours. I take the good with the bad. :)

Thats not a very bad deal. I'm on the look out for either a future ex girlfriend or a part time girlfriend. Full time is too difficult for me.

Farrar
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm on the look out for either a future ex girlfriend or a part time girlfriend. Full time is too difficult for me.

Keep your eyes open at the cruise-in. ;-)

Farrar

OK, gang, I think I am going to have to bow out. When I was checking the courtesy light circuit, I noticed the fuse box was HOT!!! Something is definitely wrong but not wrong enough to blow a 10-amp fuse. Still, I would feel uncomfortable driving the car not knowing exactly what's going on, so I will have to stay at home Saturday morning and do my own electrical troubleshooting. The last thing I need is for the car to catch fire while I am driving down the Interstate (again).

Sorry!

Farrar

stevedmc
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
OK, gang, I think I am going to have to bow out. When I was checking the courtesy light circuit, I noticed the fuse box was HOT!!!

Deloreans suck.

I guess this means I'm stuck being the camera man. Ouch.

stevedmc
10-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Man we had a blast today at our Open House and Cruise In event.

Drew arrived with just a few small problems. We were able to help him with a door light problem and were able to fix his AC blower problem. His AC blower wouldn't stay on at speeds 3 and 4. Replacing the 25a circuit breaker with a 30a circuit breaker fixed the problem and he was happy as could be.

Fred's car is beautiful and really doesn't have any problems. I can't remember doing anything on his car other than checking his refrigerant level.

My car is a basket case in progress. We removed the center console so I could redo some radio connections and before everyone arrived I reinstalled the support bracket for the rear fascia.

I showed the guys my bent crankshaft pulley and Fred suggested straitening it out and installing an AC belt. We did this, and I am proud to say I now have AC again.

The cruise in was a blast. Drew's car is decked out in all the Back to the Future stuff and Fred had a very creative Doc costume. It was great to see the excitement he brought to all the kids and adults at the show.

I kept trying to take pictures of the Deloreans at the show but it was difficult with all the people surrounding the cars.

I loved our little get together today and it was a blast to share our cars with others tonight as well. At the cruise in I kept thinking to myself, "This is what its all about".

And here is a link to a quick youtube video I made at the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEDCQnNncXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEDCQnNncXE