PDA

View Full Version : Another guy claiming to own a screen used Time Machine

EngineerGuY
03-15-2019, 08:30 AM
So a guy claiming to own a Delorean Time Machine screen used just pulls up to your garage for some diagnostics ...... tell me if you've heard this one? He owns the screen used "D" car. I'm pretty sure this is a Bruce Coulombe replica?

aotmfilms
03-20-2019, 08:27 AM
So a guy claiming to own a Delorean Time Machine screen used just pulls up to your garage for some diagnostics ...... tell me if you've heard this one? He owns the screen used "D" car. I'm pretty sure this is a Bruce Coulombe replica?

Um...no. You could get with Dangerous Bob (Robert King Widin) who was one of the props guys on FB but to my knowledge no "D" car...wtf?

If the flux bands are blue probably Gary's or Bruce, white it is a VB creation. General rule of thumb.

--Doug

EngineerGuY
03-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Um...no. You could get with Dangerous Bob (Robert King Widin) who was one of the props guys on FB but to my knowledge no "D" car...wtf?

If the flux bands are blue probably Gary's or Bruce, white it is a VB creation. General rule of thumb.

--Doug

I've spoken to Bruce, not his car, although this was taken at a shop in Orlando. Possibly a Gary Weaver or VB creation. I'm not aware of a D car either, so I think this guy just likes showing the car off and getting a reaction as stating it's screen used, no one knows the difference in the general public.

Citizen
03-26-2019, 02:33 PM
If you know the VIN, you can look it up on the BTTF section of the Registry (http://www.citizenkidd.com/DMC/pages/vinview_totals_spec.asp?vinstart=14). Bruce and VB have both (mostly) revealed VINs of their cars, and most of the others are known.

Thomas

Michael
03-27-2019, 08:49 AM
This blatant lie must be uncovered and have the light of truth and justice expose it for the scourge it is!

Or I could just shrug my shoulders and go back to my life.

CFI
03-27-2019, 08:56 AM
This blatant lie must be uncovered and have the light of truth and justice expose it for the scourge it is!

Or I could just shrug my shoulders and go back to my life.

Exactly. Maybe the guy is trying to show off. Maybe he genuinely believes it’s the real deal. Either way, who cares?

Michael
03-27-2019, 01:01 PM

Delorean Industries
03-27-2019, 01:09 PM

Exactly.....

Nicholas R
03-27-2019, 07:21 PM
Interesting; Lake Buena Vista, FL is about 95% Disney World property. I'm more curious where this shop actually is (as I too am posting from Lake Buena Vista, FL).

I'm also a little surprised that someone in town from New York would take their car to a mechanic shop near Disney, when DMCFL is less than a 15 minute drive away.

The screen used comment doesn't bother me; I assume all owners lie or embellish about their cars. I've told people with a straight face that John DeLorean was my neighbor growing up and he gave me my car (one of many he allegedly owned) in exchange for a great deal of yard work, and other assorted house projects (I like to say I helped him build a deck). It's my favorite response to when people ask how much I paid for it :biggrin:

Michael
03-27-2019, 07:30 PM
I've told people with a straight face that John DeLorean was my neighbor growing up and he gave me my car (one of many he allegedly owned) in exchange for a great deal of yard work, and other assorted house projects (I like to say I helped him build a deck). It's my favorite response to when people ask how much I paid for it :biggrin:

That story is certified Stainless!

mluder
03-29-2019, 03:36 AM
Interesting; Lake Buena Vista, FL is about 95% Disney World property. I'm more curious where this shop actually is (as I too am posting from Lake Buena Vista, FL).

I'm also a little surprised that someone in town from New York would take their car to a mechanic shop near Disney, when DMCFL is less than a 15 minute drive away.

The screen used comment doesn't bother me; I assume all owners lie or embellish about their cars. I've told people with a straight face that John DeLorean was my neighbor growing up and he gave me my car (one of many he allegedly owned) in exchange for a great deal of yard work, and other assorted house projects (I like to say I helped him build a deck). It's my favorite response to when people ask how much I paid for it :biggrin:

Yeah... I'm gonna steal this one.

Cheers
Steve

Timebender
05-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Yeah... I'm gonna steal this one.

Cheers
Steve

Ditto, since he did live in San Diego for a while...