PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Door Bars

protodelorean
09-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Today I was taking 02650 to a show, but this one was in conjunction with other tech/craft events. So I knew the spectators could potentially be unfamiliar with car show etiquette and may be more likely to try to climb on in to the D. So I built myself a set of the pvc door bars. Threw in some radioactive signs (back-painted lexan) just for good measure.

stevedmc
09-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I love your interior.

dhaney
09-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I have my seats filled with stuff: orignal framed window sticker, old Delorean Wolrds and other DMC stuff. This keeps people out.

The window sticker draws a lot of interest as does the original Stainless Steel Car care kit.

Dan

stevedmc
09-24-2011, 09:10 PM
I simply shut the door when I'm not present. This works extremely well.

sean
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Threw in some radioactive signs (back-painted lexan) just for good measure.

Looks good, I like how you matched it up.

protodelorean
09-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I love your interior.

Thanks. I've found the yellow is pretty polarizing. People love it or they hate it. At least it gets a reaction i guess.

protodelorean
09-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Looks good, I like how you matched it up.

Thanks. Others may just want to spray paint the pvc with a silver. Anyone doing a bttf theme may still like the radioactive signs. Otherwise, yeah, these colors pretty much only work on my car.

Easy build though. Just 1/2" pvc, cut to length, then wrapped in electrical tape.

protodelorean
09-24-2011, 09:54 PM
As shot from the show today. Ironically, I ended up parked in front of an Irish Pub. Had to get this shot:

SIMid
09-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Pretty cool! Got a car show next Sunday, going to push the driver's seat forward so they can see the flux capacitor on the cubby door and put flyers on the passenger seat. See what happens, but i do like the pvc piping! :) i do have Police tape which i could wrap it in. :lol:

Bitsyncmaster
09-25-2011, 07:09 AM
That really looks great. Even when you are right there some kids manage to climb into the car when your not looking. Those bars should discourage most of that.

jorge figueroa
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
hello
My name is Jorge Figueroa of Puerto Rico
I've been in several classic car shows
and the use of the bars in the doors was a success
people no longer sit in my delorean without permission
i got this bar55505551 at The Home Depot
in the area of accessories for closets

Canon20DFan
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
You would think...but I had my PVC door bars on my car with a sign taped to them "DO NOT SIT IN CAR!" and while at a Denver car show, a teenager JUMPED over the bar to land in my passenger seat, WHILE I was leaning into the driver's side. I had a "colorful" conversation with him...

That really looks great. Even when you are right there some kids manage to climb into the car when your not looking. Those bars should discourage most of that.

A Van
09-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Has anyone got that don't touch leaflet for download?

protodelorean
09-28-2011, 08:04 AM
You would think...but I had my PVC door bars on my car with a sign taped to them "DO NOT SIT IN CAR!" and while at a Denver car show, a teenager JUMPED over the bar to land in my passenger seat, WHILE I was leaning into the driver's side. I had a "colorful" conversation with him...

I think I'm a pretty easy-going guy, but THAT would've sent me over the edge. I would've DRAGGED his ass out of there before the "colorful" conversation. I just don't understand some people. How old was this moron?

Farrar
09-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I am amazed that y'all take your cars to car shows considering how much of a pain it is.

Farrar

Bitsyncmaster
09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I am amazed that y'all take your cars to car shows considering how much of a pain it is.

Farrar

There are the good acquaintances that keep me going. Mostly the +50 and the 5 to 10 year olds.

thirdmanj
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Today I was taking 02650 to a show, but this one was in conjunction with other tech/craft events. So I knew the spectators could potentially be unfamiliar with car show etiquette and may be more likely to try to climb on in to the D. So I built myself a set of the pvc door bars. Threw in some radioactive signs (back-painted lexan) just for good measure.

this guy, but your radioactive sign is upside down.

Canon20DFan
09-28-2011, 12:14 PM
The kid was probably 14 or so...I was totally amazed. I'm just lucky he didn't have something sharp in his back pocket that would've ripped the apholstery...

I think I'm a pretty easy-going guy, but THAT would've sent me over the edge. I would've DRAGGED his ass out of there before the "colorful" conversation. I just don't understand some people. How old was this moron?

Ryan King
09-28-2011, 02:11 PM

Farrar

Car shows are actually really a lot of fun. Most of the car shows I do donate the entry fees to Local Organizations, Churches, etc. The most recent one I participated in was strictly British Cars, and all the proceeds went to helping build a local bird wildlife preserve. It really just depends, although I am getting very tired of the same Hot Rod shows that are ampule around the Fresno Area.

Dangermouse
10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I think I'm a pretty easy-going guy, but THAT would've sent me over the edge. I would've DRAGGED his ass out of there before the "colorful" conversation.

And you would have had a convenient 1/2" bar with which to make your point ;)

protodelorean
10-01-2011, 08:42 PM
And you would have had a convenient 1/2" bar with which to make your point ;)

LOL. Hadn't thought about that, but 1/2" PVC wouldn't do any permanent damage, but probably would sting like hell! Perfect.

SIMid
10-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Had my first car show today and went without a hiccup or any nasty events.

What i did was have my driver's seat folded forward showing the cubbydoor flux capacitor (stopped 50% with the questions once they saw it before asking me) and on the passenger seat, covered it with flyers so there was no way you can sit down. Only 2 people wanted to sit in the driver's seat and they had politely asked, which i was happy to let them.