PDA

View Full Version : General New York DeLorean Owners

1batt4u
09-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Just curious how many NY DeLorean owners are on here, and what part of NY.

Thank you!

DMC3165
09-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Well you know about me already. At a recent LINY-DMC club meeting, Dave Delman told us he found out through a freedom of information act request, there are 164 registered DeLoreans in NY state. I'm guessing he meant scattered throughout the state. But your in luck their is a high concentration of owners in lower New York and Long Island. I would guess at least two dozen.

DMCNY
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm in Queensbury, upstate NY. Appox. 40min North of Albany.

I know of two other DeLoreans very close to me. Both cars are registered.

One I have only seen a few times at a local repair shop when the business was closed and the other is located a town over from me. I tried contacting him once when I first saw the car to check it out before I bought mine, but he wasn't home. I havn't tried contacting him since.

nofear365
09-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Staten Island NY!

By pure coincidence I recently met another DeLorean owner out here that apparently owns a BTTF replica. I haven't seen it yet but we plan on linking up soon.

Delorean02378
09-30-2011, 10:19 AM
If you haven't met Tom and Dave, you definitely need to meet up with them. Both are very knowledgable and are always willing to assist fellow owners. They ususally meet at Tom's house in Huntington on the weekends.

http://www.linydmc.com/

Kirk

DMC3165
09-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Staten Island NY!

By pure coincidence I recently met another DeLorean owner out here that apparently owns a BTTF replica. I haven't seen it yet but we plan on linking up soon.

Nice! If you guys are looking for another local D owner to meet up with let me know I'd love to see that too!

dn010
09-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I had my car in upstate NY [Catskills] for about 8 or 9 years until I moved to FL. Winters and terrible road maintenance beat up my frame and suspension. I miss driving in the fall on curvy roads.... :-/

kajcienski
09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Staten Island NY!

I live in the city but I keep my D in an old carriage house in St. George SI (near the ferry). I get out there most every weekend and would love to meet other owners in SI! I noticed Chris (in LI) chimed in on this thread and have met him at several club events - great guy. Would be wonderful to all schedule a meet up. I was trying to get a few owners together in the area to do a city photo shoot in front of NYC landmarks (I know a photographer who said he would like to do it) including the old DeLorean office on Park Avenue. Let me know if you want to try an SI meet up though!