PDA

View Full Version : Darren's semi-annual tech meet in North Carolina OCT 22nd

Iznodmad
10-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi folks, it's that time again. Been doing this the past 4 years. I finally picked a date, October 22nd but could do it the 23rd if that is what people want. I provide food, drinks, and space. I usually have it at my house. If needed, I could arrange some "lift" time at a local tire shop just a couple miles away from my house. I know it is short notice, I had thought about skipping it this fall due to general apathy in this area regarding everything DeLoreans. I will let the list speak for itself and see if the interest is there or not. If you need a zip code for planning purposes, use 27295. Now it is up to ya'll...............

todd1561
10-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks to my friend Mike for giving me the heads up on this thread. I should be around so you can count me in. I don't think I really have any work to do on my car but I can help you, Darren, with the small projects we didn't get to last time on yours. And anyone else that shows up as well. I sent this thread link along to Jim in Raleigh to see if he'd be interested. Let me know if you need any tools.

Todd

chef4u
10-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Darren,
If I live close by to you, I'll go. Great meeting you and your Family while you where down here in Orlando. You're welcome to stay with during DCS next year. Save you some money on hotel rooms.

Clarito, Vin 5225

Iznodmad
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks to my friend Mike for giving me the heads up on this thread. I should be around so you can count me in. I don't think I really have any work to do on my car but I can help you, Darren, with the small projects we didn't get to last time on yours. And anyone else that shows up as well. I sent this thread link along to Jim in Raleigh to see if he'd be interested. Let me know if you need any tools.

Todd

Hey Todd! I have a few things, as always. I'll make a list and see what you think we can accomplish. I have contacted Tom Castle and Bill Lane via email, they don't visit the forum to see this thread. I have "found" an owner in the area here and have met up with him a couple of times. However, he is in grad school in the mountains and doesn't come into town very often. Hi Walter if you are reading this!

Darren,
If I live close by to you, I'll go. Great meeting you and your Family while you where down here in Orlando. You're welcome to stay with during DCS next year. Save you some money on hotel rooms.

Clarito, Vin 5225

Hey Clarito! I have seen your projects here on the forum, great work! Just last night my wife Michelle was talking about going down to Orlando two times next year. Once for DCS without the kids, then again later with the kids. Thanks for the offer again to stay at your place, I'll keep it in mind.

steve6864
10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Darren,I urge you to post your plans on the general interest part of the blog,since ,it doesn`t seem like many people go the the events page.As for me,I am 50/50 right now.Will we be working on your new dash?I might be putting in a window motor or working on my heater.steve.

Kevin
10-08-2011, 10:44 PM
The 23rd would be better for me, but my DeLorean is at DMCMW getting Stage II'd! It'd be lame if I showed up without my car again, so don't change anything for me. But I should be getting my car back around the end of October-ish if you all want to meet up later to see and hear a Stage II.

todd1561
10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey Darren, you still planning on holding this on the 22nd?

Todd

Iznodmad
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey Darren, you still planning on holding this on the 22nd?

Todd

Yes, we are still on. Myself, you, Tom C, Steve M, and Bill L. Weather looking favorable. I really need help tracking down a vacuum leak on #16128, and still plagued by an intermittent drivers front turn signal on #5000. Also on #5000 is finishing up the AC idler pulley bearings (missing a circlip to hold in the bearing), and getting the belt back on. If I can't source one locally, maybe we can borrow one from your car until I can buy or source another one. Best I recall, you aren't running A/C.

todd1561
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
What happened to the circlip? Was there never one on there before!? I don't imagine it would be too difficult to find one locally, but I'll still look around to see if I can find my unused ones. And yes, A/C is still on my "to-do" list, unfortunately. I'd be happy to help with the other stuff, too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Todd

Iznodmad
10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Oh, there was one there during dis-assembly. My friend Walter was putting everything back together, I stepped away to do something, and the circlip went flying into my yard. We looked for about an hour and never found it. Bummer. I talked to Bill L this morning, he is going to see if he has one in his parts surplus. If we do end up borrowing one off your car, I will buy you a new one..........time is getting short.

aludden
10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Hello! I'm Alex, #1968, out in Gatlinburg, TN. I will see if I can make it to meet you all, but I probably won't have my car. It has just come out of a long hybernation and I'm not sure I trust it to drive 450 miles r/t. But it would be nice to meet other DMC fans. :-)
Alex

Iznodmad
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Hello! I'm Alex, #1968, out in Gatlinburg, TN. I will see if I can make it to meet you all, but I probably won't have my car. It has just come out of a long hybernation and I'm not sure I trust it to drive 450 miles r/t. But it would be nice to meet other DMC fans. :-)
Alex

Great! You could possibly caravan in with Steve Miller, he lives in Asheville which is about the 1/2 way point. I have made the drive from Gatlinburg/Knoxville area many times over the years, takes about 4 hours. I'll send you a PM with my address and phone numbers. BTW, historically we get started about noon.

aludden
10-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I really wish I could bring my car... It's actually running quite well, and we just changed all the fluids and most of the hoses (one is back-ordered, so I'm running water instead of coolant). Yesterday I broke the driver-side door handle - I ordered a new metal one. Will I be foolish enough to bring it? Time will tell :-) If not, car-pooling would be good. How late do you meet? Noon -> ?

Iznodmad
10-18-2011, 11:38 AM
No set finish time. Usually until the last person leaves. That has been as late as midnight, but usually until dusk. Anyone is welcome to arrive sooner than noon, as long as you give me a heads up that you will be arriving sooner. Oh, and I provide food and beverage for lunch (which is usually BBQ). On the occassions that people stay late enough for dinner, I buy some pizzas.

Edit: Steve Miller is steve6854 on page one of this thread, if you want to try and arrange a caravan with him.

steve6864
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey,Darren.I won`t be able to make it saturday,car is fine,but,I`m down.I was only a 50/50 chance to begin with. Sorry.Went to Euro and was the only one.Lost out to a Saab Sonnet and a Jenson Healy. See you soon,I hope.6864.

Iznodmad
10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey,Darren.I won`t be able to make it saturday,car is fine,but,I`m down.I was only a 50/50 chance to begin with. Sorry.Went to Euro and was the only one.Lost out to a Saab Sonnet and a Jenson Healy. See you soon,I hope.6864.

OK, Steve. Sorry you can't make it. I didn't go to Euro b/c I failed to pre-register. I saw it was $70 the day of the show, that was just too much for me. That and I had to watch my kids that day, Michelle was out of town. I hate I missed it, but family duties are first of course. I might catch up with you next month, I will be at the Grove Park Inn again as usual for my fall conference with work. Thanks for getting back to me, we will be in touch.

Roman Legion
10-23-2011, 10:59 AM
I hope to make it in 2013 as I don't know if you guys will be meeting November or December of 2012..