PDA

View Full Version : Cold start issue

mrdmc12
10-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Ok so my car has been running great, but in the mornings when i go to start it it starts like its not getting enough fuel or somthing. It starts sputtering and shaking but after 5 seconds its go away, only cold starts and sometimes warm starts but not all the time. Can someone tell me what the problem might be thank you.

Josh #4927

DMCMW Dave
10-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Ok so my car has been running great, but in the mornings when i go to start it it starts like its not getting enough fuel or somthing. It starts sputtering and shaking but after 5 seconds its go away, only cold starts and sometimes warm starts but not all the time. Can someone tell me what the problem might be thank you.

Josh #4927

Check to see if the wire fell off the thermotime switch (on the thermostat housing) or the pins have been pushed back in the connector on the cold start injector (blue plug on left top of the engine). Also check the blue wire on the starter - there is a inline splice about 5 inches off the starter that feeds the cold start circuit. Take it apart and clean the connection.

mrdmc12
10-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Thank you midwest I will check it out and let you know.