PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to New York ComicCon?

DMCH James
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I've been contacted by an internet personality who wishes to meet up with someone bringing a DeLorean to NYCC in two weeks (Oct 13-16). She looks like she'd be fun to hang around with...if you're going, let me know and I'll put the two of you together.

James

PlutonimicX
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I might be going

Ryan King
10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Important part of this post....SHE. Come'on local NY owners!

Kenny_Z
10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
That's the first thing I noticed. Depending on the she I'd be tempted to try to get Red up to NYCC. ;)

NY guys, you've got to do it to at least tell us who it is.

tyb323
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I REALLY wish I could go, but I'm doing a bike ride on that saturday =( Give my regards to Ijustine or whoever it is

Grover
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
James, did you get my PM?

Jonathan
08-29-2012, 07:19 AM
This was from Fan Expo in Toronto last weekend, not ComicCon, but very similar. I just thought I would find a place on the forum to share this picture of a young lady in our Ontario DeLorean club who is a really big DeLorean fan, and is pretty darn good at creating things, namely DeLorean-Transformer costumes. It looked like a pretty awesome experience on the day and I think Doc Brown was equally impressed!

Rich W
08-29-2012, 05:35 PM
This was from Fan Expo in Toronto last weekend, not ComicCon, but very similar. I just thought I would find a place on the forum to share this picture of a young lady in our Ontario DeLorean club who is a really big DeLorean fan, and is pretty darn good at creating things, namely DeLorean-Transformer costumes. It looked like a pretty awesome experience on the day and I think Doc Brown was equally impressed!

Awesome DeLorean Transformer Costume!!

More pics please !!

Kevin
08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Awesome DeLorean Transformer Costume!!

More pics please !!

I think Rich is getting ideas for his next custom D. ;)

Rich W
08-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I think Rich is getting ideas for his next custom D. ;)

Kevin is not too far off. I already have something in the works, but looking for other ideas and variations.

Project Steel Skin was the initial inspiration, years ago, but some DeLorean parts are just not "Optimized".

I like the way the wheels and tires are incorporated in the suit, but not sure about the use of the hood
(bonnet), so I need to see it from a few other angles.

If there is another Transformers movie to be made, I believe the DeLorean needs to be represented.

Later,
Rich W.

BTW: I discussed this project with Ken K. (Canada) at Woodward Cruise back in 2010, but still in progress.

Kenny_Z
08-29-2012, 09:16 PM
That is too cool.

I thought about doing a transformer conversion on my 3dMax D if I ever finish it. I've never created a bot but I have built a human so it'll be an project interesting.

DMC3165
10-08-2012, 02:45 AM
Did anyone respond to this? I know its last minute but I'm available thursday & friday this week.

tyb323
10-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Did anyone respond to this? I know its last minute but I'm available thursday & friday this week.

You're a year too late!

DMC3165
10-08-2012, 05:49 AM
You're a year too late!

D'oh!!!!!! Can't believe I did that. I might just drive the D in to the city for it this week anyway.

:partyhat: