10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Anyone know who's car this might be? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVqDDaPhrA

Dangermouse
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Well that is just sad. Saddy McSad-Sad.

SIMid
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
There should be a law against leaving Ds in these kind of conditions, like mis-treated animals, they should be prosecuted!!

We need an organisation to save these Ds. :(

dvonk
10-16-2011, 09:16 PM
We need an organisation to save these Ds.

ill do my part in the Adopt-a-DeLorean program! :hihi2:

SIMid
10-16-2011, 10:09 PM
ill do my part in the Adopt-a-DeLorean program! :hihi2:

:lol:

I'm still surprised you haven't got one by now. :(

dvonk
10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
i dont make alot of money, so i save what i can... i WILL have one eventually. ive been waiting 15 years, whats a little longer? :wink:

Chris Burns
10-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Delorean abuse should be illegal!

SIMid
10-17-2011, 04:57 AM
i dont make alot of money, so i save what i can... i WILL have one eventually. ive been waiting 15 years, whats a little longer? :wink:

:lol: good on ya mate!! I waited that long as well to finally buy one this year. Yr time will come, dont let the dream fizzle. ;)

Roman Legion
10-17-2011, 06:58 AM
If someone can help me get it, I will get it fixed up in time.. Legal experts, how can we re-claim this car?

Renee_1632
10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
http://www.ehow.com/how_4920164_obtain-title-abandoned-car.html

If it is at a gas station, and has been for a while, then it's possible you can have it claimed as "abandoned". Call the local police and ask what their processes/criteria are.

SIMid
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
dvonk vs roman

Who will get there first?? :bash:

LEVY
10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Check your state laws first.

In Texas, you can not claim an abandoned car any more, abandoned cars must go thru a sheriff auction.

Whatever the laws in your state are, you need to move quick!

Your best bet is ask the garage owner if he is willing to sell it to you for the "storage fees". If the car is in fact abandoned and being there for long time, garage owner might have the right to sell it for the money owed!

But, a big but, what if the owner just had an emergency and had to leave the country for a couple of months?

He may even be a member of this forum, think about it!

If someone can help me get it, I will get it fixed up in time.. Legal experts, how can we re-claim this car?

SIMid
10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
He may even be a member of this forum, think about it!

If he or she is, they should do something about this Delorean cause it's not a pretty site being neglected.

Roman Legion
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
I might just try to do this, if someone can get the VIN and where exactly the car is located.. I would have to do everything via phone, maybe need a local D owner help me out a bit.. But I would be willing to attempt saving this poor car! But if someone else can save it first, please do..

Only1Balto
10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
I'd love to find a delorean like this to bring back to life. I should be getting my own soon... Probably will fly out to LA to buy one of the D's that Don has.

Dangermouse
10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
That's kinda how my car looked when I found it (without the sharpie GMC, though). Still had a valid tag, so it wasn't really abandoned (except in the owners mind perhaps). Had to track the owner down, and not surprisingly he was ready to sell.

LEVY
10-18-2011, 08:28 AM
The_Reverend might have that info. He started this thread day after that video was uploaded to Youtube.

I believe it is fair he try it first.

Again, if you can get that info, try asking the garage owner first, that is what I did and got my Delorean for $1000.00 USD.

Good Luck!

I might just try to do this, if someone can get the VIN and where exactly the car is located.. I would have to do everything via phone, maybe need a local D owner help me out a bit.. But I would be willing to attempt saving this poor car! But if someone else can save it first, please do..

Roman Legion
10-18-2011, 08:57 AM
The_Reverend might have that info. He started this thread day after that video was uploaded to Youtube.

I believe it is fair he try it first.

Again, if you can get that info, try asking the garage owner first, that is what I did and got my Delorean for $1000.00 USD.

Good Luck!

If the garage owner wants money for it, they might have to wait until late November when I am officially on Active Duty status to get paid. I would probably see if DMCMW (Assuming they are the closest to the car) can arrange pick-up and have it fixed for me while I am overseas. That way I will have something magnificent to come home to!

SIMid
10-18-2011, 05:41 PM
If the garage owner wants money for it, they might have to wait until late November when I am officially on Active Duty status to get paid. I would probably see if DMCMW (Assuming they are the closest to the car) can arrange pick-up and have it fixed for me while I am overseas. That way I will have something magnificent to come home to!

http://prestashop.joelgaujard.info/23-77-medium/facebook-like.jpg