PDA

View Full Version : Original Dealers

Dangermouse
10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Want to know where your car was originally sold (and you don’t have the original window sticker)?

First look at Knut’s VIN list from 2006 and find your VIN. This is a predecessor to Shannon’s current one but it lists a couple of other pieces of info, specifically in this case, the dealer number. (Note that Knut’s list is not being updated. Check out Shannon’s list (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1594-VIN-Chronology) for current car location). If your VIN isn’t listed you may have to contact the DeLorean Museum for more info.

Then consult the dealer list attached. This copy was revised by The DeLorean Museum and the dealers are lists are sorted by State.

If there is other paperwork out there that would be of interest, please post it here

Trstno1
09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Want to know where your car was originally sold (and you don’t have the original window sticker)?

First look at Knut’s VIN list from 2006 and find your VIN. This is a predecessor to Shannon’s current one but it lists a couple of other pieces of info, specifically in this case, the dealer number. (Note that Knut’s list is not being updated. Check out Shannon’s list (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1594-VIN-Chronology) for current car location). If your VIN isn’t listed you may have to contact the DeLorean Museum for more info.

Then consult the dealer list attached. This copy was revised by The DeLorean Museum and the dealers are lists are sorted by State.

If there is other paperwork out there that would be of interest, please post it here

Yup, no info on 5625, I guess I'll have to contact the DeLorean Museaum.....bummer

Dangermouse
09-02-2014, 02:44 PM
??

It shows 5625 as Dealer 5153, which was Speight Buick in Hollywood CA

Trstno1
09-02-2014, 02:58 PM
??

It shows 5625 as Dealer 5153, which was Speight Buick in Hollywood CA

WOW! I don't know how I scanned passed that.....:bang:

Thanks,

spedlot
09-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Ok so my vin 6235 is on Shannon's list as being current but is missing from the knuts list. How do I contact the Delorean museum to obtain that info?

Sent from my time machine

Citizen
09-07-2014, 11:28 AM
How do I contact the Delorean museum to obtain that info?

All VINs listed on the online Registry have links directly to the Museum in the "Outside Links" section, IF the Museum has information on your car (window sticker, original owner registration car, warrantee card). Your car (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=6235), unfortunately doesn't have any information listed. Sorry.

Thomas

Citizen
09-07-2014, 11:33 AM

First look at Knut’s VIN list from 2006 and find your VIN. This is a predecessor to Shannon’s current one but it lists a couple of other pieces of info, specifically in this case, the dealer number.

I am always looking for ways to make the Registry more useful. While the basic information starts with Shannon's list, I have added a few additional items of information (check out your VIN here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_find.asp)). I could easily add the dealer number and/or dealer name if I had access to Knut's database.

Any interest in that? Knut?

Thomas

Andy
09-08-2014, 04:24 AM
I am always looking for ways to make the Registry more useful. While the basic information starts with Shannon's list, I have added a few additional items of information (check out your VIN here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_find.asp)). I could easily add the dealer number and/or dealer name if I had access to Knut's database.

Any interest in that? Knut?

Thomas

I see there is a 'DMC Museum Certificate of Original Ownership' on my car (VIN#04610) available. Would I be able to see that or do I have to buy it on the site? And if so, do they send it to Belgium?

So far, I have traced my car back to when one of the previous Belgian owners bought it from a guy in Texas at the beginning of the '90s. But my car was sold in 1981 to a guy named Steve E. Jordan in California... so I'm still missing the link between California and Texas. Buying this certificate probably won't help me any further ... or does anybody have more info?

Citizen
09-08-2014, 09:33 AM
I see there is a 'DMC Museum Certificate of Original Ownership' on my car (VIN#04610) available. Would I be able to see that or do I have to buy it on the site? And if so, do they send it to Belgium?

If you click on the link, you will see a representation of what the certificate looks like. It looks like they ship only to US addresses (at least for the stated shipping cost of $5.99.) I suggest you contact them, sorry I don't have more info.

Thomas

Sidaries
11-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one who realized that there are a few strange VIN in this list?

VIN 7432 - BEULAH CO
VIN 9112 - CORAL GABLES FL
VIN 18161 - Aug-82 Vandergrift PA Grey 5 Speed P
VIN 19785 - Lincoln NE Grey 5 Speed P
VIN 19874 - Aug-82 Ocala FL Grey 5 Speed G

Do anybody knows anything about these cars?