PDA

View Full Version : General Help required in California

Richard
05-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Hey, I am in Australia and looking at buying a DeLorean. I have found one at Chequered Flag Motors at 4128 Lincoln Blvd Marina Del Rey CA 90292. They are asking $23500 for it and it looks good. The guy there tells me he bought it from a collection and has no history on the vehicle. He states they have serviced it and rebuilt the brakes other than that it's in good condition. I dont know what has ever been done to it like electrical and fuel pump and clutch etc. Anyone of you guys in the know live close to the dealer that might be able to have look. Or even if you know this car. It VIN SCEDT26T1BD002847 (1981).
This would be much appreciated.
Richard

Chris 16409
05-30-2011, 02:08 AM
You should take a look at this listing. I'm helping the owner sell it. It's in Los Banos CA about an hour from Fresno. You should consider this car as well.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?125-1981-DeLorean-Manual-Gray-Grooved-hood-VIN-6467-22-500

Richard
05-30-2011, 06:23 AM
You should take a look at this listing. I'm helping the owner sell it. It's in Los Banos CA about an hour from Fresno. You should consider this car as well.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?125-1981-DeLorean-Manual-Gray-Grooved-hood-VIN-6467-22-500

Small world, I did look at this car and it is quite nice too. It just needs a new front nose where its cracked and warped a bit over the head lights. Other than that it is good.

Michael
05-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Looks unmolested and original, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your future use for it:

http://www.chequeredflag.com/detail-1981-delorean-used-6955038.html

ArnieBrandon
05-30-2011, 11:36 AM
You might want to contact Toby Peterson, owner/operator of DMC Northwest located in Bellevue, WA. [email protected] and/or 425/451-7000. He currently has two (2) extremely nice DeLoreans in his showroom. He is currently converting a nice unit to righthand drive for shipment to Australia. Last year he sold, prepared and shipped a DeLorean to Australia. He recently did extensive work on a Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club (PNDC) member car that is currently on the high seas headed for Victoria, Australia. Best of all is that you can BELIEVE what he says, an extremely honest man. This might be your best bet in purchasing a DeLorean in the US while you are in Australia.
Arnie Brandon
President PNDC

Chris 16409
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Small world, I did look at this car and it is quite nice too. It just needs a new front nose where its cracked and warped a bit over the head lights. Other than that it is good.

I don't necessarily think the car needs a whole new front facia. I believe it can be repaired with some filler and then painted.

Richard
05-31-2011, 06:58 AM
I want the car as a driver and not for a show piece. I'm just not sure how long it has sat and if that will give me heaps of issues to come.

Chris 16409
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
To my knowledge it hasn't really sat. It has been driven regularly, all be it not very long distances (low milage). The owner has been good about maintaining it. I'd much rather buy a DeLorean from a private owner than a generic dealer who probably doesn't know about the car. This car I'm helping sell has service records for the work the current owner has done.

Tamir A.
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
My office is literally a half a block from this car. I drive by it everyday and watched them as they worked on it for several weeks before advertising it for sale. I believe they did a lot of brake work and servicing on it to fix things before putting it up for sale.

I can swing by and do a quick checklist of things that need to be done. It isn't a bad car, but feel like it might be priced a little high. It has a custom alarm system (not sure if it is working), but unfortunately the previous owner cut up some of the center console to put a pad in, alarm light, etc.

T.

Tamir A.
06-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Took a walk over to check out this car again. The SS is pretty nice, no dents that I saw. Here are the issues I found from a quick look.

- rubber seals along the t-panel part of the doors are no good (the ones exposed from the outside)

- Small scuff on front right corner of fascia (not too bad, but will need repair to look perfect)

- A sensor installed near bottom grill (not stock, probably goes with security system?)

- Rub strip near front right wheel well is a little messed up (scraped)

- Arm rests not attached to the doors are a little scuffed up (been glued back into place, not perfect)

- Drivers side mirror is foggy (mirror has marks, would need to be replaced)

If you are serious about the car, I can take it for a test drive to figure out if any other issues are going on, etc.

T.

Richard
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow awesome, thank you so much for going and looking at it for me. True champion!