PDA

View Full Version : The infamous Not-a-"Slug" Turbo is up on eBay again...

TTait
10-16-2011, 03:08 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-TURBO-5-SPD-1-OWNER-SHARP-DMC-12-COLD-AC-LOW-MILES-NICE-STAINLESS-/260873948525?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbd4c8d6d

So whats the deal? - this same description was used some time ago to the delight of the delorean community. Fake listing?

Bitsyncmaster
10-16-2011, 05:18 AM
Wonder how many have cut their legs on those "ricer" exhust tips.

sean
10-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Wow, I got to believe they recieved a few comments about the poor grammar and still it shows up as is.

82DMC12
10-16-2011, 09:30 AM
What turbo setup is that? Custom? Don't think i've ever seen that one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Soundkillr
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
I think this was a set up offered in the back of one of the delorean mags. I seem to remember it was a kit manufactured by one of the vendors years ago. I think it could even be ordered with an intercooler that sat in the pontoon.

Chris Burns
10-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Here is the listing on the dealer webpage. Asking 23k. Located in Canton GA

http://www.cherokeeautogroup.com/view/987/COM-1982-Delorean-Dmc-12%20Turbo-in-Canton-GA

Jacko
10-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Grammar notwithstanding, it appears to be a nice D. Mileage is believable and the only thing missing is pics of the frame. Dave M is correct ... wear your shin guards around those exhaust tips! Oh, and the plastic overflow tank needs to go. Expect it to go for over $25K.

EDIT: Just read Jammer's post ... expect it to go for $23K ... may be some bidding on this one ... impressive interior.

10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Here is the listing on the dealer webpage. Asking 23k. Located in Canton GA

http://www.cherokeeautogroup.com/view/987/COM-1982-Delorean-Dmc-12%20Turbo-in-Canton-GA

I love the fact on the dealers site they have a link for a carfax report, when you click on it you find out it's not free and you have to pay for it. The dealer usually pays for them in bulk via contract with carfax and supplies it for free as better way of getting information to the buyer.

The fact that they don't say what company made the turbo set up or any claim as to how well it works makes me nervous.

Chris Burns
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I love the fact on the dealers site they have a link for a carfax report, when you click on it you find out it's not free and you have to pay for it. The dealer usually pays for them in bulk via contract with carfax and supplies it for free as better way of getting information to the buyer.

The fact that they don't say what company made the turbo set up or any claim as to how well it works makes me nervous.

Rumor has it is that it's a prototype single turbo made I think in 84. Didn't stay around as long as the BAE and Island Turbo kits.

Soundkillr
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Rumor has it is that it's a prototype single turbo made I think in 84. Didn't stay around as long as the BAE and Island Turbo kits.

Not on that car, i have seen this turbo set up on at least 5 different cars over the last few years.

Dangermouse
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM

You know you can get the autocheck report from the ebay site for free???