PDA

View Full Version : Young Delorean fan wants her Delorean back

Kenny_Z
10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
This is sad. This is the same way I felt when I woke up to find my parents sold the 69 Beetle when I was 10. They didn't even let me say goodbye :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l0p3O5h8tc&feature=player_embedded

stevedmc
10-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Why on earth would a parrent film this and put it on YouTube?

Kenny_Z
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Maybe they had the same reaction my mom did, she thought it was adorable when she sent it to me.

mluder
10-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Why on earth would a parrent film this and put it on YouTube?

I know my 4-year-old son would be devestated if we sold our DeLorean. I might film his reaction because it is endearing but I would not put it on YouTube. Then again, I cannot think of anything I would post on YouTube. Certainly not anything that showed family members.

Steve

dvonk
10-20-2011, 06:23 PM
i recall this video from the old forum... one of the members ended up selling his D and filmed it driving away. this was his daughter's reaction after that happened.

its a more complete story if you watch this video first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r8nPxawBZU

Roman Legion
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
i recall this video from the old forum... one of the members ended up selling his D and filmed it driving away. this was his daughter's reaction after that happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r8nPxawBZU

I hope the seller does not film me when I drive away in my newly purchased DeLorean..

qwerk
10-27-2011, 01:35 AM
That would definitely be a little strange

thirdmanj
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
I hope the seller does not film me when I drive away in my newly purchased DeLorean..

And what worries you about being filmed?

DMCVegas
10-27-2011, 09:49 AM

Yeah, that didn't exactly change my opinion of that first video at all. The kid is upset and the guy recording it (I'll assume it's the father) doesn't try to console the child, but rather keeps goading her so he has something to film. That's why I don't find the video cute at all, but mean-spirited.

Roman Legion
10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
And what worries you about being filmed?

I don't like being filmed or photographed at all..

dmc6960
10-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Two things here...

1 - That guy walking with the DeLorean filming it was with the new purchaser, not with the now former owner.

2- That is the second time that particular person has sold that particular DeLorean. (Micheal B.) He sold it a while back then bought it back from either them or a subsequent owner. I see nothing wrong with filming that departure, and there would have been no way to anticipate the daughter's reaction to it leaving. He was likely still recording when she started to cry.

Kevin
10-29-2011, 09:06 PM
This was filmed right after I bought my D, that's me driving it away and my friend Brian filming with a DSLR.

Mike is a great guy and I assume sold the car to better provide for his family. I wouldn't look at this as mean-spirited; she was mildly upset, still willing and capable to answer questions, and was fine soon after. It probably made more sense in the context of the thread it was originally posted in on the .com site since it was about that car, so maybe the problem for some people is that it's just out of context.

And no I didn't mind being filmed driving away (he was even kind enough to edit out the part where I had trouble getting it into reverse, hehe). Mike had the car for a long time and is one of the biggest DeLorean fans I know, it was just a moment he wanted to capture. I felt lucky to buy a car from someone who cared for it so much.