PDA

View Full Version : Netflix oldies....Buck Rogers

Michael
10-23-2011, 11:56 PM
While exploring Netflix tonight, I came across all the episodes of Buck Rogers in the 25th century. I loved that show when I was little, but was just too young to grasp it. I dialed up the pilot episode and watched 1.5 hours of the cheesiest, overacted dorkfest that ever appeared on tv. What fun! I doubt I would subject myself to any more episodes, but it was fun to see what was "cool" in 1979. The only thing that would have made it better was if they aired period correct commercials in the breaks.

SIMid
10-24-2011, 05:29 AM
I use to watch it when i was a kid as well! The robot kis was annoying with its "beep beep" noises, the rapper face clock kinda of scared me and the chick, well, hubba hubba! LOL!

Another cheesy 80s series was The Dukes Of Hazzard!

Domi
10-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I too remember this tv show, it was great for its time!

Cory W
10-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Netflix up here is useless, so I go get DVDs from the public library for free. Been through Knight Rider and Airwolf in recent times....same principle. Great when you were nine, not so much today. They both started strong, but as the series went on, the producers started trying to appeal to a mass audience (read: Children).

Lenny
10-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Buck Rogers was first filmed during 1939. The graphics are hokey, they fly from Earth to Saturn (which looks alot like the desert southwest) in a few hours etc. but I liked it.

Anyway I was bored one day and got the whole series.

Buck Rogers(1939) NR
Between filming the second and third "Flash Gordon" serials, Olympic swimming champ Buster Crabbe took on the role of another comic-strip space hero, Buck Rogers, in this action-packed, 12-chapter serial for the same studio (Universal). Joining Rogers in his 25th century battle against galactic gang boss Killer Kane are his companions Wilma Deering (Constance Moore) and young Buddy Wade (Jackie Moran).