PDA

View Full Version : General Digital Warm Up Regulator

nkemp
10-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Has anyone seen this digital replacement for the war up regulator or have experience with it?

http://unwiredtools.com/utcis.asp

They indicate that it is user programable. From their installation guide...

The UTCIS-PT™ Regulator is designed to replace the Warm-up Regulator in Bosch
CIS fuel injection systems. The UTCIS™ is a cost-effective, and easy to install,
replacement for the OEM part1. The UTCIS™ regulates the Control Pressure circuit
with modern, reliable digital controls including a digital microprocessor and sensor
system.
The features of UTCIS™ include:
• Robust and reliable electronic controls, replaces inaccurate mechanical controls
• Easier cold and hot starts2
• Easy installation procedure
• Cost effective replacement
• Brings digital precision to older analog CIS injection systems
• Retains OEM fittings for superior fit
• Engine management software
• Live data and diagnostics
• 5 year warranty
The UTCIS™ is installed by removing the OEM Warm-up Regulator, then bolting the
UTCIS™ into place. The OEM electrical connector is retained so the electrical
connection is as simple as plugging it in. The air/fuel ratio in a CIS injected engine is
regulated by the Control Pressure. The UTCIS™ does not just set Control Pressure,
the control pressure is now regulated. A pressure sensor on the UTCIS™ monitors the
Control Pressure and a stepper-motor driven needle valve continuously adjusts it.

Farrar
10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Coincidentally, I saw it about a week ago. On the website I was browsing I noticed this item, and also that it said "Not CARB approved." Makes me wonder if it would affect your emissions or such.

Farrar

sean
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
These were posted about before, not sure if was pre-Org or not but it's quite the investment for something that I'm not sure has actually been tested on a D.

Delorean Industries
10-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I bought a few a couple years back. One boost one and an NA version. Way over priced and disassembled both and engineered working copies.

Spittybug
10-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I bought a few a couple years back. One boost one and an NA version. Way over priced and disassembled both and engineered working copies.

:eek5: Josh, did I just understand you to say that you stole someone's design, possibly in violation of a patent? On a public forum? You may wish to restate/clarify that post as could be quite injurious to you.

Delorean Industries
10-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Just for personal use. I fixed a few issues with the design. Mainly how the port valve operates. I obviously do not sell them. Is there something wrong with playing with it that I'm missing?

sean
10-27-2011, 09:01 AM
. Is there something wrong with playing with it that I'm missing?

I'm no lawyer but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Spittybug
10-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm no lawyer either. Knowing that you are a vendor to the Delorean community and without the clarification at the time that you don't sell them, it left a bad image in my opinion. I think your follow up post clarifies things.

Delorean Industries
10-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm no lawyer either. Knowing that you are a vendor to the Delorean community and without the clarification at the time that you don't sell them, it left a bad image in my opinion. I think your follow up post clarifies things.

Sorry for the confusion on that. I thought first that "yeah I have messed with these" and didn't even think to explain it.

Bitsyncmaster
10-28-2011, 05:54 AM
A few D owners have put these in. I don't think the cost justifies the improvment. My stock WUR seems to work fine and it only is needed if you want to jump in the cold car, start it and immeadatly get full performance.

I was interested in the unit that was going to control the mixture after warmup but that never happened.