PDA

View Full Version : AMT Ertl BTTF Model Kit Instructions

ssdelorean
05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
In case anyone happens to run across this kit at a garage sale and needs the instructions (and also to document it's existence for future enthusiasts) I've decided to post this info here.

Back in 1992 I saw this model kit at my local hobby shop and had to have it. At $16 each I bought the only two they had. Even though it was very expensive for me at the time I had never (and never since then) seen a DeLorean model. Now we have a plethora of toy DMCs to choose from but back then this was a rare treat. At least to me it was anyway.

ssdelorean
05-30-2011, 06:03 PM
(and since there is a 5 image attachment limit per post here is the continuation of the previous post)

The first one I put together according to the instructions. Wacky interior blue paint and all. The second one I wanted to do up like a normal DeLorean and actually have doors that I could display in the open position. So very carefully I went thru a few exacto blades slicing the lines of the doors. Had I known of the tiny jewler coping saws at a young age I probably would have used one of those. Oh well. There were alot of things I would have done different not knowing then what I know now. I also use the exacto blades to shave off all the molded BTTF wires on the outside of the body. Scrap pieces from other models were used and carved to create the louvers. If I ever feel spunky in the future I may create ground effects to match my real car.

I got to meet John DeLorean at the DeLorean Car Show 2000 in Cleveland and had him sign the hood of my "normal" D model.

sdg3205
05-31-2011, 11:32 AM
I wanted to do up like a normal DeLorean and actually have doors that I could display in the open position. So very carefully I went thru a few exacto blades slicing the lines of the doors.

I did this too! I also cut myself with the exacto knife in the process. I used vinyl from a binder to make louvers.

Domi
05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
I got to meet John DeLorean at the DeLorean Car Show 2000 in Cleveland and had him sign the hood of my "normal" D model.

This is so cool!

DMCMW Dave
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I still have a couple of the white-box AMT BTTF trilogy kits that I pickup up at a model show probably 13 years ago. For something like $75 each. I have no idea what they might be worth now - any ideas? They are still in the original boxes with the internal plastic still sealed. I have not seen them online in quite a while but I don't look often either.

Anyone interested in this sort of thing?

GS450-Junkie
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
they have typically been going for around $50 lately. The ones I've been seeing anyway.

leeadamaa
06-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah ive been looking the net for them they go for 50 or so on ebay.com/.ca ide be interested in buying one of them i live in canada so mabye we could set something up :D Paypal...etc

atlantajumper
01-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Just picked up the AMT-Ertl "Back to the Future" trilogy model set, but it has no instrucitons.

Would anyone out there mind scanning them for me?

Thanks,

My email is: [email protected]

Paul C.
Atlanta

Mike Z
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I still have a couple of the white-box AMT BTTF trilogy kits that I pickup up at a model show probably 13 years ago. For something like $75 each. I have no idea what they might be worth now - any ideas? They are still in the original boxes with the internal plastic still sealed. I have not seen them online in quite a while but I don't look often either.

Anyone interested in this sort of thing?

I have those too!! I got them for either my birthday or Christmas way back in the day, around 91 or 92 or whenever they first came out. I only ever put together the Part II DeLorean so the other two are in mint condition up in my attic.

I'll never part with them though, I'm very sentimental.

whocruiser
04-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Just sold my complete and never built one on E-bay last week. Someone got a real bargain at only the $19.99 minimum bid :cry:

camel52
08-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Just got a kit and with no instructions. Really appreciate your help on this one.