PDA

View Full Version : Cory and his DeLorean - we do things differntly up here

Cory W
11-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I couldn't put this in the Shameless self promotion thread because I didn't make it. It's also not all about me; my name's in the title because I've known the filmmaker since 1987!

When the Ontario DeLorean Owner's Club get together, we often bring our own photographer. In September, we had our own unicycle-riding videographer attend British Car Day to shoot footage. This video is the result.

Many thanks to Brian Mackenzie at Balance Productions (www.balanceproductions.ca) for his efforts. The end result is beautiful (except for that whole looking at and listening to me part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJaPKXe9-AY&feature=channel_video_title

JoeyGowdy
11-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Excellent ... this needs to be shown on the Documentary & History channels.

:headbang:

*note to self: add the bttf style intro letters font to my future bttf delo vids*

Mike C.
11-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Great video, Cory!! VERY well done! It's nice to see scenes of cars driving like that.

thirdmanj
11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the vid Cory! That unicycle camera man is great too. Well done.

Chris Burns
11-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Great video! I agree with the owner in the 1st part of the video about Deloreans for sure.

Cory W
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Great video! I agree with the owner in the 1st part of the video about Deloreans for sure.

That's me!

This was a big step for me, because I am usually lower key and have never even posted pictures of myself on here before. There aren't even a lot of pics of me on my FB page, as those who have me on theirs can attest.

I believe it's true the camera adds pounds to you; I prefer to visualize myself as closer to the gassing up scene rather than sitting in the car (I feel quite 'round' there)

By the way, there's an HD version available now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k15XmFRMMGc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Domi
11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Amazing video, very good driving capture :)

sdg3205
11-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey Cory.

I grew up in Richmond Hill, just north of Toronto.

When I was a kid, there was a DeLorean on Sanderson Cres, circa 1993 or 1994.

Any idea who that was? The car was gone soon after those dates, but I was curious if any current owner mentioned a move or buying from that area.

I've still got the pictures of the car they might be interested in.

Great video by the way!

micmak
11-06-2011, 05:06 PM
As one of the guys featured (only momentarily) in this video, I cannot say enough in praise for Brian, the videographer/photographer of the video. He was such a professional. And his ideas, which seemed wacky and weird to us at the time, turned out to be soo professional and so powerful. He was at work from the moment he arrived at the Brit Show, and he was at full blast all day while we were enjoying ourselves, talking to people and generally having fun. It was a pleasure to be in the presence of such a true professional and the results of his work are nothing less than spectacular. His sweeping, floating air borne camera work is unequalled and magnificent.
Thank you Brian, on behalf of all of us at ODOC. Your work makes us all look like normal people!!!! :smile: That alone is quite an achievement!!!
Thank you so much, Brian.

......Mike......

Michael
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Very well done! People think it's easy to give an interview, especially one as in depth as this one, but it's harder than it looks. You did great!

DMCMW Julee
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Fantastic Cory and Brian!

SIMid
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Excellent video! :) Well done!

Dangermouse
11-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Great video Cory.

You are right, it didn't belong in the self-promotion thread as it's too well made :)