PDA

View Full Version : a Delorean Paint Stripping Blog

uhhair
11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
For those of you interested in following our blog of stripping our red delorean to stainless, check it out here:

reddelorean.wordpress.com

WARNING! We swear a lot, so if you're offended by strong language, don't watch/read it.

Kenny_Z
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Very cool, I'll be following this process. I'm hopeful that my D also has grain and no bondo.

uhhair
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Do you know when yours was painted? Ours was titled red since it was first sold off the lot, so we were pretty sure it had no bondo, but the grain we just had to hope for.

Kenny_Z
11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it was sold red. I haven't found the original sales sheet but it has that unpainted jams and over-spray you'd expect from a rushed dealer job. Some of the documentation I've found online say it was red back in Illinois.

uhhair
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it was sold red. I haven't found the original sales sheet but it has that unpainted jams and over-spray you'd expect from a rushed dealer job. Some of the documentation I've found online say it was red back in Illinois.

you might get as lucky as we did then. When do you plan to start the "conversion?"

Kenny_Z
11-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I haven't decided yet. I'm still working to get her mechanically sound. Right now I can only drive her one way and then I have to wait a few hours to cool off before she'll start again. It makes no sense.

Cory W
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I haven't decided yet. I'm still working to get her mechanically sound. Right now I can only drive her one way and then I have to wait a few hours to cool off before she'll start again. It makes no sense.

That sounds so fuel accumulator-ish....not to derail the paint thread or anything

Kenny_Z
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
The fuel accumulator is new and the problem existed before its installation. I have a thread running on it here as to not derail the paint thread. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2037-Rapid-clicking-from-the-RPM-relay-on-hot-start

TheDutchTexan
11-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed there will not be a video stating the following; "We thought that the car was all straight, but after we started on the rear panel we found an idiotic amount of bondo"

uhhair
11-19-2011, 03:13 PM
UPDATE:

We have all the panels off the car, and we've started stripping them. We've found intact grain underneath, and no bondo, so our best case scenario is coming true!

reddelorean.wordpress.com

Kenny_Z
11-19-2011, 05:29 PM
That is awesome news. Congratulations on your no bondo and fully grained car :D