PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Prototype wheel

LEVY
11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Long Shot, I know!

Any one know if there are any original Prototype wheels floating around? I need one if any one happen to have one.

Don't know if those wheels were ever produced for another vehicle.

Levy

dmcjohn
11-08-2011, 02:49 PM
None that I know of except for those which are on Tony's Proto-1 car.

But, I'm really intrigued as to why you need one?! Have you a replica project in mind? :biggrin:

John

LEVY
11-08-2011, 03:02 PM

I just acquired the original prototype wheel patent application filed by the original designer with the USPTO and would like to have one of those wheels for my collection.

Levy

None that I know of except for those which are on Tony's Proto-1 car.

But, I'm really intrigued as to why you need one?! Have you a replica project in mind? :biggrin:

John

LEVY
11-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Correction:

This is actually the "Assigment of Rights" from designer James R. Powers to Delorean Motor Company filed on May 10, 1978 with the USPTO.

Prototype Wheels anyone?

I just acquired the original prototype wheel patent application filed by the original designer with the USPTO and would like to have one of those wheels for my collection.

Levy

DeMopar
11-08-2011, 08:15 PM
If your patent contains the measurements/design drawings or you could somehow obtain them, you may be able to have a specialty wheel manufacturer produce one. A lot of them use CAD to create custom wheels if I am not mistaken. Now what the cost would be is anyone's guess.

LEVY
11-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Thank you, I believe all that is public info and should be available to anyone, patent already expired so that should not be a problem either. Only problem might be the cost of making one wheel! :jawdrop:

If your patent contains the measurements/design drawings or you could somehow obtain them, you may be able to have a specialty wheel manufacturer produce one. A lot of them use CAD to create custom wheels if I am not mistaken. Now what the cost would be is anyone's guess.